PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where this 24 ended up??

mattyboy
07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
was for sale a year or so ago in the northern midwest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc3-QD-aOfQ

BUIZILLA
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
:shocking: :yes:

zelatore
07-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Although I like the boat (I'd do more of a retro theme myself but that's just personal taste) as soon as the shot of the twin engine installation rolled around with the...oh, 2" or so....between the manifolds I thought: Big Single!

BlownCrewCab
07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
We used that same hull for the Performer 24, with a single 540 and a bravo it went high 70's. with twin staggered 540's and #4 drives it went 114 with the trim tabs all the way down, if we let the tabs up it would porpoise so bad that it would jump out of the water like you where jumping wakes. Fun, Fun.....

BUIZILLA
07-22-2009, 10:11 AM
coool... :cool:

Lenny
07-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Matty, thanks for the Jan Hammer to start my day ;)

Appears the props are turning out.

chappy
07-22-2009, 10:15 AM
We used that same hull for the Performer 24, with a single 540 and a bravo it went high 70's. with twin staggered 540's and #4 drives it went 114 with the trim tabs all the way down, if we let the tabs up it would porpoise so bad that it would jump out of the water like you where jumping wakes. Fun, Fun.....

Talk about separating the men from the boys....:pimp:

BlownCrewCab
07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Talk about separating the men from the boys....:pimp:

It was built for one purpose, to beat Reggie fountain in a race (the Rudee Run) from Richmond Va, 100 miles down the James river to Va beach and back, 200 miles total. the single 540 finished 2nd to Reggie the year before, we had fishing poles in the rod holders and they had full out race boats. So the next year we built the twin engine boat just to take the overall win so Reggie couldn't.......

mattyboy
07-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Matty, thanks for the Jan Hammer to start my day ;)

Appears the props are turning out.

4 blade props that fit on volvo AQ's wonder what they are ??????

Blown nice very nice :)

no leads on this one looks in good shape so you have to peel the vinyl a little

BUIZILLA
07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
the graphics are vinyl?

mattyboy
07-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Jim,

yes

if I remember correctly it was some time ago

mattyboy
07-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Georgia..

I thought that was the spitfire with the funky painted graphics( close to the same color) that a member (brian something) here got back to the original orange or red or has it been that long and I am getting that old ( don't ****ing answer that :tongue:)

cutwater
07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
It was built for one purpose, to beat Reggie fountain in a race (the Rudee Run) from Richmond Va, 100 miles down the James river to Va beach and back, 200 miles total. the single 540 finished 2nd to Reggie the year before, we had fishing poles in the rod holders and they had full out race boats. So the next year we built the twin engine boat just to take the overall win so Reggie couldn't.......

Haha... very nice :wink:

zelatore
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM

Nothing like the desire to put a beat-down on a smack talker for a little motivation. :yes:

mattyboy
Poodle is this the boat you are thinking of?? it went from georgia to maryland

(ok brian ryan what's the difference)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45778&highlight=spitfire

I never saw the spirit sell??

chappy

That run sounds familiar, I was living in Richmond in the early 90's. I did a bunch of case studies on go fast boats from the banks of the James.

Case study definition: Drink a case of beer watching what I couldn't afford skipping down the river.:drinkbeer:

Sorry about the hijack everyone.:boggled: