PDA

View Full Version : 1st day out.

DONZI
07-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Well here it is mid-July and i finally got out to shake off some bugs.
It was a tough spring here to paint a Boat outside.:bonk:

Ran it on the hose for awhile at home 1st. Double checked everything ! Sounded good .Off to the Ramp we go.

1-Fired right up at the Ramp, warmed up, pulled away.
Finally time to bring her on plane:nilly:, stumbling begins,backfire thru carb..Pull back on throttle it is fine.
Return to dock, change Fuel Filter with filter wrench.plastic bucket and new filter onboard. Off we go again,same thing,starving for fuel. Stalls at dock when throttle increased Remove inlet line on carb. and remove screen, all gelled up. Fuel starving solved .

2-Cruising along a couple miles engine intermittently engine dies.RPM gauge sinking and rising while cruising. Disconnect lanyard switch. Bingo. Running good now ! :nilly:

3- Arriving at destination approx 15 miles later. Engine begins to start skipping when i begin approach to dock. Remove new Dist. cap. Soaked inside. dry out. Running great again.:nilly:

4. Re-Ck things over again at dock. Find Power Strg. level has dropped. I rebuilt Strg. cyl. this Spring and ran at home for good length of time.Several times to ck.. Apparently there was still an air bubble that finally ran thru. Walk a distance to find a store with pwr. strg. fluid. Off we go to the Beach.

5-Anchor up and notice small oil sheen at Trim Ram. Yup, i've blown a seal on that !
Cruise home and enjoy just being on the water and having a patient wife !:yes:
L. Winni.'s coming ! Time to thrash again !

BUIZILLA
07-19-2009, 07:30 PM
hey...

it looks good... :kingme: :yes:

Just Say N20
07-19-2009, 08:09 PM
A bunch of really good "on-the-fly" trouble shooting! :yes:

Dr. Dan
07-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Kenny will we see you at Lake Winnie this weekend...the boat looks great... I like the Arneson Decal.

Of course you know any of your Crew is welcome on the Pantera this coming weekend at anytime. I should be up by late morning on Thursday.

Talk Soon

Danny :angel:

DONZI
07-20-2009, 05:51 AM
hey...

it looks good... :kingme: :yes:
Jim,I bet ya say that to all the girls !:) Get up here for the Fall Picnic will ya!

A bunch of really good "on-the-fly" trouble shooting! :yes: Thanks N20 !

Kenny will we see you at Lake Winnie this weekend...the boat looks great... I like the Arneson Decal.
Of course you know any of your Crew is welcome on the Pantera this coming weekend at anytime. I should be up by late morning on Thursday.
Talk Soon
Danny :angel:Thanks Danny !
I'll be arriving at Ames Fri. Mid Morn. with or without Boat. It'd be great to get another ride on the Pantera. Thanks so much again for the last tour !
Looks like i'll be solo. Wife has the Triathlon,daughter attending the Shark Tournament on the Vineyard.
Tme to call Rik at Arneson for a rush shipment.:crossfing:

roadtrip se
07-20-2009, 06:32 AM
I like the Arneson Decal.

That is pretty cool, Ken.

HOWARD O
07-20-2009, 06:34 AM
Small kinks to work out but oh, what a very cool boat! Congrats, looks GREAT! :yes:

SilverBack
07-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Ken....Don't let the little bugs get you down. I went through that crap and I know it pisses you off when you have worked this long and hard. The boat looks GREAT!!!!:yes: I love it! Did you have the Maximus on? Did you get any idea with all the engine issues how it is going to work for you?

Good luck with everything!!

DONZI
07-21-2009, 05:56 AM
That is pretty cool, Ken.
Thanks Todd ! Rik had sent them to me awhile ago and they wound up maching great for me. I look forward to your progress as well !

Small kinks to work out but oh, what a very cool boat! Congrats, looks GREAT! :yes:Thanks Howard ! Yes,,Gremlins always keep it interesting !

Ken....Don't let the little bugs get you down. I went through that crap and I know it pisses you off when you have worked this long and hard. The boat looks GREAT!!!!:yes: I love it! Did you have the Maximus on? Did you get any idea with all the engine issues how it is going to work for you?

Good luck with everything!!Thanks Keith !
I did have the Maximus on and really didn't to get to do much with the sorting gremlins and wife along with rough sea returning also. Actually took one over the Bow when i wasn't paying attention for a second.
I did notice some porposing which is very encouraging tho !:)
Love your Sig. by the way also !:yes:
Seal kit on the way.

SilverBack
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks Ken!! I know that it is not an Arneson but it does throw a crazy rooster tail. I have got to get some new pictures in the next week or two. It is even bigger now with the prop redone. That picture was at around 85. At over 100 it really flattens a little and gets even longer. I know that it is kind of stupid but I love it!!

DonziBuoy
07-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I feel your pain. You are doing a heck of lot better than I am. Eventually, we get to know the boat, and fix those things. Times like this I wish I was several of the people on this board. However, Your boat looks fantastic!

MOP
07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Boat is looking good sorry for you first off problems, I am sure they will be fixed in short order. I am waiting to see what you end up putting in front of that drive. Kenny have a good season!

Phil

Team Jefe
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
good going kenny...I can't wait to get back up there for a ride.

donzi2287
07-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, a few trips and all the bugs are gone pecan!!! bty , I have to add I am jealous of my brother that just bought a brand new 28 ZXO..... why you ask???? If a problem happens, he gets to drop off at a Mercruiser center and say fix it, do whatever it takes and does not need a checkbook to pick it back up!!!! Anyway, your boat look nice and good luck with it!!!!

Kirbyvv
07-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Looking good Ken, now let's see that boat at the fall LG picnic.

DONZI
07-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks Ken!! I know that it is not an Arneson but it does throw a crazy rooster tail. I have got to get some new pictures in the next week or two. It is even bigger now with the prop redone. That picture was at around 85. At over 100 it really flattens a little and gets even longer. I know that it is kind of stupid but I love it!! BIGGER !:) Some vids would be awsome too !

I feel your pain. You are doing a heck of lot better than I am. Eventually, we get to know the boat, and fix those things. Times like this I wish I was several of the people on this board. However, Your boat looks fantastic! Thanks DB.
Keep your spirits up and you'll get it done.

Boat is looking good sorry for you first off problems, I am sure they will be fixed in short order. I am waiting to see what you end up putting in front of that drive. Kenny have a good season!
PhilThanks Phil. The time is coming for some power.The old MERC. 330 is over 800 hrs. now. So i am accumulating parts now as the budget allows.

good going kenny...I can't wait to get back up there for a ride. We look forward to seeing you guys again Jefe !

Yeah, a few trips and all the bugs are gone pecan!!! bty , I have to add I am jealous of my brother that just bought a brand new 28 ZXO..... why you ask???? If a problem happens, he gets to drop off at a Mercruiser center and say fix it, do whatever it takes and does not need a checkbook to pick it back up!!!! Anyway, your boat look nice and good luck with it!!!!Thanks Donzi2287 ! Yes, just some winter gremlins. I hope you guys have a great boating season. !

Looking good Ken, now let's see that boat at the fall LG picnic. We are booked at Treausure Cove already for my favorite wk. end there ! Hope to see you and Martha also !:)

BigGrizzly
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Well Kenny, I had a similar thing and issues with the Criterion. Fixed them and life is good. Then Jefe cooked again and life got even better.