PDA

View Full Version : My '88 22C Testa Rossa....

gcarter
07-18-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm kicking around the idea of selling the Testa Rossa;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476

With times the way they are, it may be better for me to recoup some cash out of it.
I paid Jerry Eisele just under $12,000.00 for it about two years ago.
Since then, I've been going through a deck off restoration which makes it one of the strongest pre AMH boats in existance. If you read through the thread, you'll see it's ready to rig. I also have a lot of new hardware including a remote mounted closed cooling system w/integrated thermostat. A Meziere electric remote circ pump. A 1 1/2" NOS Perko sea strainer, a Stainless Marine transom mount water pickup, Gil exhaust manifolds w/risers for silent choice and the silent choice to go w/them, Gil transom mount mufflers.
I have most of a set of new Gaffrig 2 5/8" Race series gages but no panel yet, a new Livorsi red throttle, a Gaffrig tab indicator.
I also have an original set of Hynautic Power Planes and a fresh set of seals for them. Also the original Hynautic K-5B external steering cylinders w/a set of seals, a Merc P/S pump, Char-Lynn helm sized for the Hynautic cylinders, a Latham 3" steering column w/a MOMO platinum wheel.
The engine needs to be refreshed but only has about 100 hours on it since extensive upgrading some years ago. The original Bravo I seems to be in good condition but needs refinishing.
There's also an aluminum trailer w/one set of Kodiak disc brakes and I have an additional set for brakes on both axles.
OK, here's how it is.....
I'm not desparate to sell, but I don't have the funds to finish. In 22 years of running our business, I've not seen conditions like these. This could help.
I'm thinking $19,000.00 as it is. I could also finish it for someone interested.
If anyone is interested, PM or email me, my email address is on my sig line.
This is not open for negotiation, so don't ask.
If I don't sell it, I'll be fine, it'll just sit here until better times.

Planetwarmer
07-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Dont

gcarter
08-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Guys, this is a good deal.
Someone should jump on it.
I'll even deliver it within reason.

gcarter
12-12-2009, 06:10 PM
TTT......
I've done quite a bit more work on it...$20K.

Did I mention it has a nice torsion axle tandem aluminum trailer w/disk brakes?

CaribouLou
12-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Jeezus that's a nice boat....I wish I had the $

Carl C
12-29-2009, 07:56 AM
I am sorry to hear that, George. I know that you restore these boats because you enjoy doing it. Don't give it away! Mothball it for awhile if you need to. You have so much work into it and it's all documented on this forum.........

Do you still sell water softeners? Mine is finally done. I only need a small one for two people. I know that shipping is a problem, those resin tanks are not light. Can you shoot me a guesstimate on the cost to ship me a new or good rebuilt one to Detroit? I will compare it to what I can find locally.

Anyone looking for a boat to rig, you can't go wrong with this one. Please don't insult George with a lowball offer though.

Carl C
12-31-2009, 08:22 AM
George, looking back through your resto thread I don't see any final pics of how the boat looks now. You show the drive and steering going on and the two halves going together. Has the top been bonded to the hull? Is the rub rail on? Did you finish putting the transom assembly and drive on? What about the interior, and gauges? I think some final pics are needed. That boat is just screaming for some big power..........

gcarter
12-31-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm finishing up w/fairing in the interior glass in the area of the engine bay.
Very slow going since the material I'm using is such tough stuff.
I'll post some more stuff over the weekend.

Carl C
12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
OK, I didn't know you were still working on it. I thought maybe it was done and ready for power.

breeze400
01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
George if you don't mind, If you would rather E-mail me do so at breeze400@yahoo What would it cost to buy your TR and have you finish the work! Let me know! Sam.:wink::wink::wink:

LKSD
01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
George if you don't mind, If you would rather E-mail me do so at breeze400@yahoo What would it cost to buy your TR and have you finish the work! Let me know! Sam.:wink::wink::wink:

If you & George strike a deal & he cant finish it for you, feel free to call me. I have the experience & can handle it for you, if need be.. We do a lot of Donzis :)

From what I have seen George has been doing the right things to his & it should make a great ride!

It would be a great model to own.. Thats why I bought a TR & am doing things with mine. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

gcarter
04-20-2011, 07:04 PM
OK guys, this is someone's big chance.
I'm bringing this up again because I really need the cash.
But this has a time limit.
For the next two weeks, I'm offering the TR for $25K.
It's about 85% done and there's not another like it anywhere.
In case you haven't been following the accompanying thread:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476
What's left to do;

Finish installing the dash, its wiring, and the steering helm.
The steering cylinders and the hoses.
The throttle and cables.
Finish installing the fuel lines.
Ditto, the heat exchanger.
Powdercoat the rub rail.
Refinish the foot box.
Oh yeah, rebuild and install the engine.

This offer is over May 4th, and the price is $25K.
My email address is below, and my office # is 352-365-2337.

gcarter
04-25-2011, 01:06 PM
TTT!

Time's goin' by!

I can finish this for someone that needs it. It would cost about $10K...
That's not bad for a brand new boat!

breeze400
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
George I would do it but i'm no better off financially than last year. :shocking::shocking::shocking: Sam

CaribouLou
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
I'll trade you my soul, and my girlfriend.

zelatore
04-26-2011, 08:48 PM
How many years indentured servitude would it take?

Sweet Cheekz
04-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I'll trade you my soul, and my girlfriend.

Post a pic!

Parnell

Buddyc
04-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Post a pic!

Parnell
Now were talking... Is she the girl with the pasties on the boat? :)

gcarter
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
What would my wife say?????

Anyway....TTT

This boat needs to go.

El Bandido
05-09-2011, 09:07 AM
George, your new carbon fibre dash looks amazing .... :pimp: