PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic X dimension ???

Zinger
07-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Hello All,
Does anyone have the current stock bravo X dimension , the older classic vs. the mid 90's to early 2000's ? What is the correct way to measure the X dimension. I was thinking of raising my 98 classic x dmension one to two inches with the stock bravo . Has anyone seen this performed any pro's or con's any input would be great. Jeff

MOP
07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Jeff it is a two edge sword! First do you have hatch clearance? If not you will be biting off a lot. Best bet is a shorty, results have been pretty darn good no one has been sorry. I "think" the X on a 98 was 15-1/2", to measure from the keel up to the center of the trim caps. You can get a decent measurement by propping a board up under the keel extending outward toward the chine, it can be a fairly short piece as you will see.

Phil

harbormaster
07-18-2009, 09:51 PM
i did it. 16.5 inches. I would leave it alone.

BigGrizzly
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
I am with Scott and MOP. Remember if you raise the engine so does the center of gravity-this is not good. If the speed is the issue go Imco. If handling is the issue DO NOT raise the engine. Of course in my own world Handling is MY priority.