PDA

View Full Version : Graphics 26zx

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-17-2009, 09:08 PM
My 26zx paint scheme is plain with a small stripe at the waterline. Can you buy the original graphics packages on any websites?? I have been doing searches, but haven't had much luck. I assume they are all vinyl graphics and in the gelcoat when done at the factory when new. Has anyone had any success buying them aftermarket and putting them on?

FISHIN SUCKS
07-20-2009, 10:27 AM
This may be obvious, but try calling the plant. I realize it has been sold, but people are still working there, maybe they can help. Maybe a fiberglass shop could do some gel or paint work for you to get you what you are looking for. Good luck, let us know what you come up with,
tom

VetteLT193
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Mine are all painted. There really isn't any stickers anywhere on the boat, with the exception of a couple small ones like the NMMA sticker. Do others have stickers on their ZX's? I assumed they were all like mine.

If you take pictures to a sign shop of what you want, you could wrap it. Or you could take it to a painter and they could shoot it for you.

FISHIN SUCKS
07-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Sadly to report, mine are stickers with the 'DONZI ZX' as a part of that same sticker on each side.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
This is the graphic package that we would like to have.

FISHIN SUCKS
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't recall if that is stickers or gel. Z-man would know, he has the same pattern on his 28ZX. I believe it is referred to by Donzi as 'High Roller' graphics when it was ordered as an option.

VetteLT193
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Sadly to report, mine are stickers with the 'DONZI ZX' as a part of that same sticker on each side.

Well it looks like paint from this angle, so I guess it makes no difference anyway, plus it's easier to update if you get bored. :wink:

VetteLT193
07-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I think that high roller is all paint. At least the ones I looked at that was really similar but were blue and also had the "fade" down the whole sides from dark blue in the stern to light blue in the bow.

however, duplicating that red one in a wrap or decals shouldn't be too complicated for a decent print guy. I'd do it for you for cheap, but my new printer deal fell through so I'm screwed on that regard... I'm still having to purchase everything wholesale so the price isn't good enough to mess with a long distance thing.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I think that high roller is all paint. At least the ones I looked at that was really similar but were blue and also had the "fade" down the whole sides from dark blue in the stern to light blue in the bow.

however, duplicating that red one in a wrap or decals shouldn't be too complicated for a decent print guy. I'd do it for you for cheap, but my new printer deal fell through so I'm screwed on that regard... I'm still having to purchase everything wholesale so the price isn't good enough to mess with a long distance thing.

When you say "print guy" are you referring to something like a screen art print guy. There is a screen print company called Accurate Image that does decals for race cars in my area. I wasn't sure weather to approach them with a project like this. He does stuff for the IHRA so I assume he must be pretty good.

FISHIN SUCKS
07-20-2009, 01:53 PM
I believe you are right that the High Roller graphics are technically the dark blue at the bow and fade lighter toward the stern into the graphics. But, that is the graphic pattern used with the flowing checkerboard.

VetteLT193
07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I believe you are right that the High Roller graphics are technically the dark blue at the bow and fade lighter toward the stern into the graphics. But, that is the graphic pattern used with the flowing checkerboard.

I don't have a clue on the names of them, I was taking your info and just explaining the ones I saw and the differences in them. What I was trying to say is I didn't look at a red one close enough to know if it's paint for sure, but the blue ones are paint for sure and they look basically the same other than the fade job so I'm assuming the red is paint too.

that was harder to explain that I thought it would be. whew. :bonk:

FISHIN SUCKS
07-20-2009, 02:17 PM
that was harder to explain that I thought it would be. whew. :bonk:
I know the feeling, that's why I didn't say too much earlier here, looked like a lot to type. But like Andre's (Z-Man that was at AOTH) and Last Tango (22ZX), those are in the true 'High Roller' graphics. I just don't know if the checkerboard and color are tape, paint or gel.

VetteLT193
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
For the sake of discussion, I'm guessing all the boats that have the white area of non skid on each side of the swim platform, below the pop up cleats on each side extending to the outside edge of the platform, but still have color on the top and bottom of them are all painted boats.

It would just be a total pain to but a decal there and have it actually stay on.

Splash
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
I will take a closer look at my boat this weekend but I believe the graphics are gel coat and not any type of graphic sticker. Here is a picture of my 26 ZX.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-21-2009, 01:55 PM
I called Pier 57 {my closest Donzi Dealership} today and they said that they could paint the graphics and then shoot a clear coat from the rub rail down.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Splash,
I really like your graphics also. I have seen them before while doing searches.

Splash
07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks,
We really like the graphics too, when we were searching for a ZX I wasn't really paying attention to the graphics but once I say a pic of my boat that was it. I think it add's a little something but isn't too flashy, not sure what the option cost but I think it really helps the look of the 26 ZX.

Jim

VetteLT193
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I called Pier 57 {my closest Donzi Dealership} today and they said that they could paint the graphics and then shoot a clear coat from the rub rail down.

Clear the whole thing if you can afford it.

Mine has clear below the rub rail, and above it only where there is paint and you can see a visible difference. Id rather the whole thing was cleared, especially the top side considering that's the part that gets beat by the sun.