PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got Her Home

Sweet Cheekz
07-17-2009, 02:56 PM
After a couple of months of trying to figure out how to move it, my new ride is now sitting comfortably in its new home for the next 9 months ready to be molded into something a little more complete.
Parnell

mattyboy
07-17-2009, 03:16 PM
NIIIICE

good luck with her i am sure she is in good hands

if ya get a chance thru this project can you get me some info like the degree of deadrise and pic of the strakes

BUIZILLA
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
so....

we see you've named it already... :cool:

Sweet Cheekz
07-17-2009, 03:52 PM
I am taking it off that hunk of chit trailer next week and while its on the yard arms I will get you a few pics of the bottom
Buizilla So far its our choice inspired by my wife we'll see what she looks like when I'm done. The boat, not my wife
SC

Sweet Cheekz
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks mad
I have the upholstered piece for the dash, in fact I have a complete brand new burgandy interior for it but I will not be using any of it so I stripped it our of there already along with the windshield which I might be able to sell to a trucking company for a mack truck replacement I have seen Sea Rays with smaller windsheilds If I used it it would not take a lot more to have a full canopied boat. Some form of windscreen is on the horizon.
SC

Donziweasel
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Very nice Parnell......:)

mattyboy
07-18-2009, 06:18 AM
the dash/cockpit setup in the GT reminded me very much of a old muscle car setup with the gauge pod and the car like seats . it reminds me of my uncle's old mustang for some reason, the gauge pod on the twin gt( boat not mustang) was off the hook ;)

Sweet Cheekz
07-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks DW
MAtty I am thinking of bringing the two front seats home to use in my house. I agree with you The other thing is the overhang on the top part of the dash.
Unfortunatly my desire to go fast and be a little different is going to push me in different directions then what they were originally. My back seat is going to be very different too. I need to not worry about the rear passengers like I do in the sweet 16
If you have a pic of the twin dash post it please I would be interested in seeing that
Parnell

Carl C
07-18-2009, 08:55 AM
What is it?:lookaroun:

mrfixxall
07-18-2009, 10:51 AM
What is it?:lookaroun:

looks like a GT 21 to me or mabe a older minx:)

Sweet Cheekz
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
1976 gt21
dnr211220176

Carl C
07-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Cool. I likey.:yes:

mrfixxall
07-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Interesting,, Should have been a Volvo originally, wonder when the Merc was added..

Is it me or does the x dimension look kinda low?

mattyboy
07-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Is it me or does the x dimension look kinda low?

looks like where a volvo was on a gt, all the ones I looked at were in that area

BigGrizzly
07-19-2009, 09:11 AM
First I can't wait till team Wendy gets done, that lady has her stuff together and is a real asset to the Donzi group. Parnell, your OK too. As for the Merc option, it was available but I never saw one in real life. Also remember the picture that Scott shows was the twin engine one.

mattyboy
07-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Griz, his hull was originally a Volvo, no doubt in my mind especially after looking at the X dim..

look at the 1974 gt for sale in the forsale section ( well I have been) it is about the same alot of freeboard on a gt and the transom is pretty massive

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56060

Sweet Cheekz
07-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Guys
The last owner, who I bought the boat from put the merc bravo on after he redid the transom a while ago. He owned it for 14 years and it has sat for 4 years with a full tank of gas and a pile of leaves in the bottom. He took off the drive and put it on another boat he has last year and I am giving him the bravo transom assembly back. Its mounted 1" up from the original spot the drive was at. Amazingly low if you ask me but regardless the drive is coming off and I have a different plan
I want to run this boat in Lake Michigan so I really like the extra width and freeboard It looks really big next to the 16
Parnell

axelkloehn
07-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow, somebody didn't like the dash on yours too... mine was also destroyed --> I decided to re-arrange the cockpit and move the windshield further back- in fact I am not going to use the windshield but a fairing in 22-Shelby style.

Would like to hear your opinion about that...

cheers, Axel :germany:

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Axel
Looks to me like your dash was even a little more disliked! It looks like someone was trying to make it a cabin boat. I too am going to make a fairing so I like yours I think mine will be a little farther forward and I am going to put some gauges under mine similar to Micks boat on here (Hot Shot) Good luck with the project and keep the pics coming.
One question, is your rear bulkhead, behind the seat in the engine room glassed to the side of the boat, glassed to the deck, both or neither.
Thanks
Parnell

axelkloehn
07-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Axel
Looks to me like your dash was even a little more disliked! It looks like someone was trying to make it a cabin boat. I too am going to make a fairing so I like yours I think mine will be a little farther forward and I am going to put some gauges under mine similar to Micks boat on here (Hot Shot) Good luck with the project and keep the pics coming.
One question, is your rear bulkhead, behind the seat in the engine room glassed to the side of the boat, glassed to the deck, both or neither.
Thanks
Parnell

...it is like this (--> see pix). Cheers, Axel :germany:

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks Axel
This answers my question The engine room side of my bulkhead has been glassed to the sides and it looks like from the second pics of yours it is not that way originally That is what I thought What is your time frame to get your project done? Is your windscreen going to be fiberglass, plastic or aluminum?
Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey Matty
Potential dumb question but how would I measure the deadrise angle?
Parnell

axelkloehn
07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks Axel
This answers my question The engine room side of my bulkhead has been glassed to the sides and it looks like from the second pics of yours it is not that way originally That is what I thought What is your time frame to get your project done? Is your windscreen going to be fiberglass, plastic or aluminum?
Parnell

Oh, asap ;-)... well I hope to get all the fiberglass work done this summer- it had a berkeley jet but gets a Bravo One now- which means close the huge holes in the bottom and transom (it was rotten anyway- but fixed since last week). Get some paint till winter, and fix the interior and technics during winter and, hopefully, take it for a ride next spring...

The fairing is going to be fiberglass and painted in bodycolor --> how do you like my paint-proposal?- not very original but it's my boat ;-) so I do what I like... gonna paint it myself- hope it works out.

Just Say N20
07-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Matty
Potential dumb question but how would I measure the deadrise angle?
Parnell

Not dumb. Post # 19 in the link below.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=272277&highlight=measure+deadrise#post272277

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
how do you like my paint-proposal?- not very original but it's my boat ;-) so I do what I like... gonna paint it myself- hope it works out.

I am pretty sure I commented about it in your thread about the paint but if not here I go, Great! :pimp:
I think its very sweet and I cant wait to see the whole package complete We can race to the finish line for completion. Good luck
Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks Bill

MDonziM
07-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Love GT's. Good luck. Whats your plan for power?

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Chief Engines Ft Lauderdale
Checking in with Tommy the owner this fall during the Key West Poker Run and he is going to have something for me Not sure yet wether I will go blower or na but I have a speed goal in mind. I would like to go fast and he is the man thats going to help me. Concentrating on the fiberglassing and interior for the fall and getting it ready to rerig by spring
Parnell

axelkloehn
07-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Chief Engines Ft Lauderdale
Checking in with Tommy the owner this fall during the Key West Poker Run and he is going to have something for me Not sure yet wether I will go blower or na but I have a speed goal in mind. I would like to go fast and he is the man thats going to help me. Concentrating on the fiberglassing and interior for the fall and getting it ready to rerig by spring
Parnell

Oh yeah, that's about the same schedule... keep me informed. I am not sure about power yet- small/big block? Would like to go over 60 mpH- have a bravo one sterndrive with 1:50 ratio and a 15x24 Mach1, but no engine at the moment. Over 60 mpH might be hard to reach with a small block...

Dumb question, what's the deadrise for?

Axel :germany:

Sweet Cheekz
07-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Axel
A small block can be 500 horses out of a 388 so 80+ is possible depending on the motor and how radical you go. I am guessing but there is a guy on the board with a sweet orange one and he is over 80 easily with a little more than 500 ponies.
Matty asked about the deadrise to confirm what it is on this model I beleive he continues his search for the future model he will get someday. Look at the link Bill posted and you will see a great explanation The more deadrise the better the boat rides.
Parnell

axelkloehn
07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Axel
A small block can be 500 horses out of a 388 so 80+ is possible depending on the motor and how radical you go. I am guessing but there is a guy on the board with a sweet orange one and he is over 80 easily with a little more than 500 ponies.
Matty asked about the deadrise to confirm what it is on this model I beleive he continues his search for the future model he will get someday. Look at the link Bill posted and you will see a great explanation The more deadrise the better the boat rides.
Parnell

Parnell,
I've seen the orange one- that's great and really fast, but don't like the interior on that one- too soft for the beast.
You're right, a small block could be very efficient, still have time to look for the right engine. First get the basics done- workin' on it almost every afternoon, epoxy is a fantastic stuff, almost glued 10 gallons in and still not finished :bonk:

olredalert
07-21-2009, 07:37 PM
-------If the orange GT21 is the modified one from Michigan, it had a healthy 540 in when it was put together. Then it got repopped and eventually the present owner got it. I havent talked to him in a while. Hope the 21 is not giving him fits as the riggers werent the best..........Bill S

Sweet Cheekz
07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Bill
Yes I was referring to SP's boat here in GR I knew he had a big block and I thought he said he was 500 or a little more I don't think he has run it at all this summer Too many days on that boring Sea Ray plus the police nabbed him the first day out about the noise last year.
Axel Keep posting pics of your progress Got mine ready to pull the deck last night
Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
07-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Bill
Did you ever get a chance to see if you had the guy who had an old gt21 all beat up on the east side of Michigan I would still be interested in seeing that. Thanks
Parnell

mrfixxall
07-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I sold a few ssm props to a guy on the east coast,he said their for a gt21 with a 800sc and a ssm # v drive..

BTW i found you a power plant!http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1378/Engine_Engine_Parts/post/1570549/MERCRY-RACING-SC-1000-ENGINE.html:)

Sweet Cheekz
07-23-2009, 08:53 AM
[quote=mrfixxall;526760]I sold a few ssm props to a guy on the east coast,he said their for a gt21 with a 800sc and a ssm # v drive..

Is he on the board? Is there any pics of this boat? Very curious about this one Thanks
Parnell

BTW With 8 hours on it there is only 42 left before I have a complete rebuild on that 1000 merc. A chief with a little less hp's will get me 300 Those 1000's are really loud though and were bad azz in their time

The Hedgehog
07-23-2009, 11:03 AM
[quote=mrfixxall;526760]I sold a few ssm props to a guy on the east coast,he said their for a gt21 with a 800sc and a ssm # v drive..

Is he on the board? Is there any pics of this boat? Very curious about this one Thanks
Parnell

BTW With 8 hours on it there is only 42 left before I have a complete rebuild on that 1000 merc. A chief with a little less hp's will get me 300 Those 1000's are really loud though and were bad azz in their time

Eddie Young is getting over 200 hours between overhaul on his 950's. I have seen two sets of these in action and they perform flawlessly.

Sweet Cheekz
07-23-2009, 01:13 PM
[quote=Sweet Cheekz;526807]

Eddie Young is getting over 200 hours between overhaul on his 950's. I have seen two sets of these in action and they perform flawlessly.

950 Chief's ?

I got almost 250 on my last pair on a really heavy boat The guy is the best to me Great to work with too. what kind of boat is your friends
Parnell

The Hedgehog
07-23-2009, 03:30 PM
[quote=The Hedgehog;526824]

950 Chief's ?

I got almost 250 on my last pair on a really heavy boat The guy is the best to me Great to work with too. what kind of boat is your friends
Parnell

Nope. Eddie Young as in Young Performance Marine.

One pair is on my friend's heavy Stryker and the other is in a 388 Hustler.

Eddie built my 850. It idles like a 500 EFI but much louder. I have ridden in a Skater with a pair of his 1,200's. I was very impressed with them. He was water tuning them. We started and stopped them about 30 times. Each time they lit off at the first blip of the start button.

He is redoing a set of a friend of mine's Teague 1,100's this winter that he has in his Outerlimits.

Sweet Cheekz
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Do you have an 850 in a donzi? Where is ypm? Love to hear stories of the good builders cause there are a lot of bad ones
Parnell

The Hedgehog
07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Do you have an 850 in a donzi? Where is ypm? Love to hear stories of the good builders cause there are a lot of bad ones
Parnell

Yes, in my 26ZX.

It made 872 at 5,700 and 942 at 6,200. The dyno sheets are posted somewhere on the site. I posted a bunch of pics of the build too.

He is a relatively small time builder in Nashville. He is a heck of a rigger too. He built some packages for Nortec. His work has been featured in Hotboat, Pokerruns etc. He did that big Nortec Cyclone and the Nashville Katz.

He is a cool guy and has showed me some good stuff. He lets me come down to the dyno and watch some pulls while he tunes. To a guy that like myself that has not been around the block all that long it is some pretty fascinating stuff. He has spent hours showing me what goes into different packages and what you need to handle certain hp ranges.

His 1,200 with the 5.0 Litre Whipple and a dry sump actually made over 1,300 hp on pump gas.

mrfixxall
07-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Parnell

heres some pics,,change of story! i believe the boats not rigged yet with the big power but here are some pics with the drive set up.. i talk to some many people i may be mistaken on the sc 800,time will tell:)

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/detail.sfly?sid=8AaOWzVs0atWEW&imageIndex=0&fid=e3b483b82f3081f6

Sweet Cheekz
07-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Great Thanks for the pics Is this guy on the board I am dying to see more of this boat and talk to the owner Any help would be appreciated.
Parnell

BUIZILLA
07-26-2009, 08:54 PM
whoaaaaa :shocking:

Sweet Cheekz
07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
whoaaaaa what?

The Hedgehog
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=Sweet Cheekz;526807]
heres some pics,,change of story! i believe the boats not rigged yet with the big power but here are some pics with the drive set up.. i talk to some many people i may be mistaken on the sc 800,time will tell:)
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/detail.sfly?sid=8AaOWzVs0atWEW&imageIndex=0&fid=e3b483b82f3081f6

That's over the top Fixx. I want to hear more about this. Be expecting a call!