PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank 30' Rybo Runner

senna
07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
A friend of mine is fabbing a new fuel tank for his 30 Rybovich Runner and my question is about baffeling the inside of the tank to prevent sloshing around of fuel when underway. How many.. How tall (%) .. How many directions. That is all the questions I can think of but I bet the experts on this board will think of something I have not.

I know I do not post much at all but sure could use some input.

Thank you

Patrick

senna
07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
So my thinking was correct. Thank you very much for the info. I'll try to attach a photo. As I dont want the this thread is useless without photos deal. This boat was just repowered with a Cummins QSB and a new ZF tranny and a Konrad out drive. He is shooting for bullet proof

Ghost
07-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Cool boat, cool repower project man, let us know when it's done..

Of course, we want more pics :) ;)

Ditto that. In addition, I particularly want to see Toms_rybo2.bmp, just because they're keeping it from us. :)

Also found the name of the boat amusing.

But as for your question, perhaps some of this may be of use. Yell if you can't see what I'm linking--you can actually view almost anything you want in many books using amazon or google book searches, most of which have extensive previews available.

http://books.google.com/books?id=euQZ16elT5kC&pg=RA1-PA391&dq=amazon+boat+mechanical+systems+handbook

If you click the link and get the book but not the specific preview, use the search box they give you and search for "baffles". This will show page 80 and a few more, just click page 80 and scroll forward from there as you read. If it stops you after a few pages, do a fresh search and start again where you want.

Looks like a pretty good book to me. I may snag a copy.

Mike

senna
07-19-2009, 10:06 AM
the boat is about one thin blonde hair from being done. The photos are from the first shake down cruise. If you know Naples you can see the Ritz in the back ground. The engine trans and drive were all installed at Dollar.

That was a holiday weekend and we got a safety inspection at the fuel dock and the sheriff was mad because we had no throwable but said nothing about no engine box and the return line in the fill. go figure.

senna
07-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Dusky, Jersey Cape, and Typhoon Marine are all building a version of the Rybo Runner. Stanley White was also building them here in Naples a while back. I looked at the Jersey Cape Little Devil 31' pretty hard before I decided on my re-power. I just decided a 2600 RPM Vs. 3600 RPM and a real transmission and maybe an overbuilt drive was a better option.

Tom