PDA

View Full Version : Working @ Lake Tahoe today.....

Air 22
07-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Tuff day...but someone's gotta do it....:angel:

Some kool boats on a really really beautiful place...had a blast...:pimp:

Grizz there was even a Bajfountain from GA...see pic....he looked like trouble so he must know u....:kingme:

roadtrip se
07-17-2009, 08:31 AM
So where is your flight uniform?

And I thought I had "worked" in some pretty nice places.

Thanks for the pics.

Lenny
07-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Dwight, I see you jumped into the water... :bonk: HOW WAS THAT ? :eek:

When I was down there the first time I ran down the shoreline and jumped in. Well, being glacier/mountain fed, the water was about 40 degrees and I all but shrivelled up forever.

You look comfortable in it so obviously the snow pack was minimal or I was just there at the wrong time of year.

Very nice. :yes:

zelatore
07-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Dwight, I see you jumped into the water... :bonk: HOW WAS THAT ? :eek:

When I was down there the first time I ran down the shoreline and jumped in. Well, being glacier/mountain fed, the water was about 40 degrees and I all but shrivelled up forever.

You look comfortable in it so obviously the snow pack was minimal or I was just there at the wrong time of year.

Very nice. :yes:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I've been in the water there over my knees from beaching the boat in Emerald Bay and wading to shore.

Looks like you're at Tahoe Keys. I don't suppose you found anything to do there on south-shore after dark either, did you? :biggrin.:

jl1962
07-17-2009, 09:48 AM
That water is COLD. I was there in early September and lasted about a minute although there were people water skiing early every morning w/out wetsuits.

Dwight - try to check out Thunderbird at its museum.

Air 22
07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
The water was very nice:wink:....lots of people/kids were swimming...:yes:

Must of been in the low 70's near shore...I swam out 160yrds and it actually got warmer??:kingme:...all in all awsome...:kingme:

BUIZILLA
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM
spoiled brat.. :kingme:

Carl C
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
That is so cool! I think the location for the AOTH should be rotated........:popcorn:

zelatore
07-18-2009, 10:56 AM
That is so cool! I think the location for the AOTH should be rotated........:popcorn:

Carl, you convince these guys to move AOTH west and I'll nominate you as Donzi.net member of the year! Then you can bring your boat out here and I can study up on the 'Carl Cabin' before trying my own.

But, you know, I'm not holding my breath or anything. And frankly, although Tahoe is very scenic the boating isn't all that good. It's worth visiting, and I'm sure I'll take the boat up there again someday, but I'd much rather vote for Powell.

Air 22
07-18-2009, 05:43 PM
More pic's comming..battery died on camera...left charger and USB/SSD Card reader @ home...operator error..lol

On Tahoe this weekend is the Classic Wooden Boat Show...some very interesting boats for sure!:)
I will post pic's Sunday..

BUIZILLA
07-18-2009, 05:51 PM
so your still there?

any 525's lurking out there? you never did answer my question..

Air 22
07-18-2009, 06:02 PM
so your still there?

any 525's lurking out there? you never did answer my question..

Persistant aren't we...:)

Come to the LGDCC Fall Picnic Sept 11-13 and see for yourself...you can have a personal hands on tour of it...that is all I can say:)

Yes there are 525's...ya just gotta LOOK...:)

BUIZILLA
07-18-2009, 06:11 PM
:cool:

BigGrizzly
07-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes I know that boat and engine. We did the engine and Pro Boat rigged it There is also a 30 Eliminator Yellow Called at one time Fast Cash that has a couple of our 650 NA engines in it that gets to 112 in a real hurry there too. You can eat in the engine compartment providing your not sloppy. The guy cane out here and plunked down cash and had it shipped there and brought the old owner out there to teach him to drive it. Work is tough but someone has to do it.

Air 22
07-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Wooden Classics...

Air 22
07-19-2009, 12:55 PM
a few more....:shades:

The last 3 pic's...the boat has twin 454's....:pimp: