PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer for the 22

harbormaster
07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
I purchased TMANN's old aluminum trailer a couple of weeks ago.
It was aluminum, BUT but the cross members were galvanized iron that had rusted out. The bunch hardware was rusted out and the bunk carpet was rotted out.

I cut out the rotted cross members and replaced all the hardware with aluminum crossmembers and stainless u Bolts and nuts. I the glued and clamped a cracked bunk (my fault). Afterwards I replaced the carpet on the bunks and bolted everything down. Whew!!! Lots of work in 100 degree temps!

This afternoon, I used a heat gun to remove the vinyl logos off of the trailer and from inside the I-Beams. I have done a cool "22 classic" logo for the inside of the iBeams. I have also started buffing out the fenders to a chrome like finish.

I want to Thanks Phillip (TMANN) for the smoking deal on the trailer.
I was looking at borrowing the money ($2600.00) to buy a new trailer to replace the crappy rust bucket performance trailer.

The first 2 photos show the before photos and the 2 after photos follow.

gcarter
07-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Polished!!!!!
Wow!
Shades of Catch22!

Looks good Scot. A very good way to save a lot of money.

MOP
07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
You must have been a puddle in 100 deg!!!! Looks good well worth the effort:cool!:

penbroke
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Nice! I have (had actually) a Magic Tilt/Loader for the SeaRay and love it! It is a great rig.

Frank :cool:

Dr. Dan
07-16-2009, 06:03 AM
:wink:Looks good Scott.... I had an original Rust Bucket Trailer with mine, rebuilt 3 times before the head of the finance committee told me I was on drugs if I sunk another dime into that thing....

2004 we had a Performance Trailer made for the repowered Donzi and its been a kick azz trailer ever since... in fact I had it repainted and refreshed last fall due to the over 100,000 miles I put on it over the last 5 years....

Now unfortunately its carrying the Hull only until the Boat is repowered... Trailers make or break your Event experience...

- Trying to get used to the MYCO under the 28 Pantera - its a completely different animal...nice...just different...kinda like built for a Military Equipt sort of purchase.

Lets see some more pics of the boat on your trailer? :popcorn:

Doc of Random Aquisitions :angel:

BigGrizzly
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Gee, getting pretty fancy are we not. I don't do 100 or 60 degrees well. I ususlly have guests over and trade time for food and rides.

gero1
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
dr.dan has the best looking trailer at aoth............i want one!

Dr. Dan
07-17-2009, 05:30 AM
dr.dan has the best looking trailer at aoth............i want one!

Thanks Robert... actually I liked the little Cig Trailer with the Electric Winch and the Drive Guard.... to me that was pretty cool...it even had a polished Winch and Polished Diamond Plate up front.

I know Poodle, the Boat on the Trailer was not in the plans for the Awakening....:angel: Perhaps eventually the Donzi may be better performing as a result of the Lifter failure.

No worries .... I am gonna do something completely different this time. I really miss running the Donzi...its completley different than the Pantera.

Kinda like Waterskiing and Snowskiing - both are exciting and fun - but two totally different experiences...nothing is the same.

Living the Dream...

Doc of Past Registries & Historic Random Rambles :shades:

mc donzi
07-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Very nice job on the trailer!!

My Dad used to say... " You can be wearing a $1500. Armani suit, but if your shoes aren't shined...."

What are you using to buff the fenders?

Would also like to see a picture of your "22 Classic" logo.

JimG
07-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Scot, looks great! Did Tmann get a new trailer? Don't tell me he got rid of his 22...

I finally finished the trailer you sold me for my 18. Put oil-filled hubs on it just last week. Janet and I re-did the bunks earlier this year. It's a Cadillac now!

Jim & Janet