PDA

View Full Version : Mirage Classic 21

kraftee
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
It seems to me that the folks on this board appreciate ANY beautiful boat that isn't just like a million other run-of-the-mill boats out there. So, since I have been in a "posting" mood the last day or so, I thought some of you might be interested in pics of the current 21-footers our company builds.

They aren't Donzis - but they are among the most beautiful 21-foot center consoles you'll ever see. We build two versions - a 21' "Tender" with diesel sterndrive and a 21' Center Console sportfish with jackshafted diesel sterndrive or ouboard. Both have a GORGEOUS hull with a bunch of "Carolina flare" at the bow, a "Palm Beach sheer" and generous tumblehome at the stern. The available mahogany transom really sets the boat off.

The diesel versions have 100 gallon fuel tanks and get SIX miles to the gallon at 30 knots. Do the math - LOTS of range. We usually power them with the Volvo D3 DuoProp package (currently 220hp) or the Yanmar 180hp BMW diesel with Bravo One outdrive. The Volvo is a FAR better package.

I ran Hull #1 to the Abacos with my daughter aboard last year in a 6' head sea. We couldn't go much over 10 knots (until we got to the Little Bahama Bank), but we never got a drop of salt spray on us. Sweet boat. Gets more attention at the marina than a 60' Viking!

zelatore
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
VERY nice looking boat. I especially like the tender version w/o the hard top.

Just curious, what sort of money do you sell these at? I've still got a new '07 Albin 26 center console with a Yanmar 6LP STE (315hp) and straight inboard sitting at my office that we couldn't move. GREAT riding hull, but the price (north of 100K MSRP - much less now!) killed it. Well, that and the fact that NorCal isn't exactly center console territory.

BUIZILLA
07-14-2009, 12:16 PM
send that Albin down here... we'll sell it fer ya :yes:

what's the tariff on those tenders??

kraftee
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
As you can imagine - they are not cheap. The market for those boats is as tenders for large megayachts. Figure about $80K for a loaded one. I do have two demos available cheaper though - the white 2007 can be bought for $42K and the green 2009 for $63K.