PDA

View Full Version : Ineresting paint job 22........

Donziweasel
07-14-2009, 07:29 AM
i kinda like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-DONZI-22-CLASSIC_W0QQitemZ120446318921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPo wer_Motorboats?hash=item1c0b28f949&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C2 93%3A1%7C294%3A50

Just Say N20
07-14-2009, 07:55 AM
What a tease. :yes: "Interesting Paint Job" and then no pictures.

So, I'll post them. :wink:

Carl C
07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I wonder; Are there any two Classics exactly the same? That's a little too much red for me and those seats will get hot but I still like it.

zelatore
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I wonder what the thought was behind the lateral stripe in the black just aft of the bow? That sort of spoils the flow of the deck stripes for me. Otherwise, although I'm not personally into the all-red look I like the dual stripes with the propeller logo.

Last Real Texan
07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
You would John....You have been at altitude for too long....or sleep deprived for too long, How are the twins doing with the new majic potion?

Pick up the phone Focker!

HOWARD O
07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
I wonder what the thought was behind the lateral stripe in the black just aft of the bow?

I don't know, but the 2 stripes and the end stripe by themselves kind of conjure up something. Maybe call the boat "Lance"? :lookaroun:

JustMercMe
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Over 80 mph?.....I would think not on the stock combo.....I'm pushing 76 on a good day.

Says "22-GT" on the hatch too...I thought the GT's were like mine and the 2 blues ones that were for sale a while back (hatch scoop, Shelby interior, aluminum windscreen)

Looks clean though! Nice looking boat!

RedDog
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I like it a lot

Note the flag and lion/dolphin badges are in front of the DONZI sticker

zelatore
07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Over 80 mph?.....I would think not on the stock combo.....I'm pushing 76 on a good day.

I saw that too, but I was going to let it slide. Just this once. :wink:

(My local dealer has advertised a couple new left-over 22's in his inventory as 'over 80 mph' as well. I've been tempted to go visit and make an offer contengent on hitting that number. I'll bring my own GPS:wink:)

roadtrip se
07-14-2009, 03:04 PM
that by looking at the engine shot, that the stripes are stickers, as Donzi usually carries the center striping all the way over the lip of the engine bay opening. No matching black boot stripe also would tip me off to look at that black striping more closely.

Probably could take them completely off, including the faux GT lettering, and end up with a nice all red look, if you wanted it.

EDIT: Take a look at the front lifting ring. Paint or sticker, the stripes were probably added after the boat left Sota.

BUIZILLA
07-14-2009, 04:17 PM
to pick it apart...

I think it looks gawdy and horrible

confusing and afterthought theme

nothing blends...

if it was mine to decorate...

windshield delete
stripe delete
black or charcoal carpet
black wheel with polished billet center
kill the white trim under the dash

that would all match the stainless and black rubrail... which is a first on a late model Classic...

Donziweasel
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Is that windshield custom?

Whether you like it or not, it was loved by someone.

I really like the prop logo on the deck. Where are you guys seeing the GT-22? Can't seem to find it.

Don't hold back Jim, tell us how you really feel. :)

Ghost
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Really like a lot of it. Love that the bottom is white--as good as George has done with the TestaRossa, I think all red is too much for me. The contrast with the white pops. The slightly different stripe setup is cool too. A LOT of possible things down that road could look good and unique, but stay classic. Maybe a little white on the deck with the two dark colors up there?

Needs white seats though. ("Fix the cigarette lighter.")

MOP
07-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Quite a low X looking at the pipes, I don't see the GT thing either.

JustMercMe
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Quite a low X looking at the pipes, I don't see the GT thing either.

Raised "x" started with the Shelbys I think....I know mine does'nt have the raised "X" and the blue ones for sale a while back did'nt appear to have it either.:wink:

Donzi Vol
07-14-2009, 10:41 PM
I wonder what the thought was behind the lateral stripe in the black just aft of the bow? That sort of spoils the flow of the deck stripes for me. Otherwise, although I'm not personally into the all-red look I like the dual stripes with the propeller logo.

I stared at this for a while in great wonder myself. I think what they've done is started the stripe at the bow of the boat and worked their way back. By this I mean that it seems to me that the idea is a solid stripe that splits in half, making way for the Donzi emblem in the middle of the deck. But who knows?

Overall I dig the boat. The school colors of my high school's rival were red and black, so naturally I have a hard time loving the color scheme, but that's just personal. :wink: Otherwise I think it's pretty darn cool. Nice to go out of the norm every now and again.

LKSD
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM

Says "22-GT" on the hatch too...I thought the GT's were like mine and the 2 blues ones that were for sale a while back (hatch scoop, Shelby interior, aluminum windscreen)

Looks clean though! Nice looking boat!

only if it has the raised x & some enhancing!.. Otherwise you are correct about 75-76 when properly set up & tuned well.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

22DONZI
07-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Please explain details/advantage of raised x dimension.

LKSD
07-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Basically..... Reduced drag (less friction) = increased speed ;) Jamie / Lakeside