PDA

View Full Version : Engine-less Project 16, (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
07-13-2009, 02:24 PM
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1265937039.html

silverghost
07-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Just inspected this project Donzi on 7/29/09 as I am in Ocean City NJ.
Basically just a 16 hull !
Deck has severe stress cracking and lots of bondo in a three foot square area in front of cockpit where it appears to have been damaged by a tree strike in a past hard life. Deck has holes near lifting/ mooring eyes.
Deck is in very rough shape from years of uncovered outdoor seashore exposure!
No engine, just bellhousing & very rough Volvo outdrive.
No deck hardware, ie: air scoops, bow or stern light, step pads, hatch hinges, rubrail banding etc. No interior other than fiberglass seat form. No gauge panel, no steering system at all, no engine throttle/ shift control.
Hull in fair shape with suspect area in lower transom..
Trailer is fair to poor shape.
You need courage & deep pockets to take-on this restoration project ...still it can be done.
I hope this classic boat is not cut-up or crushed !
I would be happy to provide photos or answer any questions from my inspection survey! I only live ten min. away from this boat !
I do not own this Donzi.
Brad Hunter 609 399 4494

Sweet Cheekz
07-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the update Brad Did you see a hull number? Any idea on what year? Thanks
Parnell

Reeltime
07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I emailed this owner in the past, the only concern was that there is "no paperwork" on this boat. I may be wrong but after a certain age, does the boat need a title, or do ALL boats need a title? I'd hate to put a ton of money into a boat I can't register or sell in the future. Thank you all in advance.

CHACHI
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Check with the New Hampshire DMV. I have registered an old tin boat, no brand name, no numbers.

They issued a HIN. All I needed was a bill of sale.

Ken

silverghost
08-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I had an agreement on a price.
I was willing to pay their asking price... Showed-up with cash & my truck ready to close te deal...
Sellers then jacked-up the price higher again!
Seller's are playing price games!
I refused to pay anymore!
Drove away angry~
They wasted my time!
Proceed with caution!
BRAD