PDA

View Full Version : Boyne Thunder

Tony
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Here are some of the early arrivers (Thursday evening) for the 2009 Boyne Thunder Poker Run. They rune a very nice course, with stops in Charlevoix, Beaver Island, Harbor Springs, Petoskey, and the uber cool Bay Harbor. Bay Harbor was created, btw, when developers bought an old cement quarry and dynamited the shoreline to let Lake Michigan in!

The maroon and silver Donzi was awesome (would it be a 43?). I really like an understated paint scheme, and this boat was very attractive in my opinion. Other boats are a nice sounding and older looking Sabre, the Kemosabe Apache, a couple Cigs, and on the trailer was a 51' Outerlimits. I don't know what the Lucky 7's tow vehicle tows, it was out on the lake.

Here's the Boyne Thunder web site, but not very updated yet.
http://www.boynethunder.com/participants/index.php

olredalert
07-13-2009, 12:14 AM
------Kemosabe is well known in these parts. I think he knocked a drive off or something like that a little while back, maybe hurt a motor a bit. The drives do look brand new and while they might have been red before, I dont remember them that color. It is absolutly the baddest boat in the area as far as I am concerned.......Bill S

Sweet Cheekz
07-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Bill
Kemosabe blew two motors up this weekend and still got thru the whole trip. His engine room had a couple of last minute loaners from Cheif Engines and he destroyed it all. Plenty of laughs to go with blown engine jokes Saturday night. The owner and his wife are great and no one runs past him when it is really rough.
I had freinds who saw a white 16 with 4 guys with helmuts on running around in the waves on the big lake Anyone know that boat?

Tony
Did you run a donzi on the lake this weekend?

Great poker run
Parnell

FISHIN SUCKS
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't know what the Lucky 7's tow vehicle tows, it was out on the lake.

]
I believe it tows a baja, it has been in a couple of magazines for advertisement (before Reggie bought baja).

blackhawk
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
That maroon Donzi was there last year too. Beautiful boat!

FISHIN SUCKS
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Bay Harbor was created, btw, when developers bought an old cement quarry and dynamited the shoreline to let Lake Michigan in!

]
I can remember when I spent my summers growing up there when the old cement plant was there. It has come a long way since the late 70's to the mid '80's when I used to stay up there!

roadtrip se
07-13-2009, 04:18 PM
was at the Quay in Port Huron a couple of weeks ago while we were there for lunch and a microbrew.

700's w NXTs.

Nice rooster coming up the river.

When we win the lotto, Jill says we can order one like it.

Tony
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Tony
Parnell

Nope, we took it easy and spent two days boating on Walloon Lake.
We caught the early arrivers during a side road trip Thursday evening.

:beer:

jonzis donzi
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Bill
Kemosabe blew two motors up this weekend and still got thru the whole trip. His engine room had a couple of last minute loaners from Cheif Engines and he destroyed it all. Plenty of laughs to go with blown engine jokes Saturday night. The owner and his wife are great and no one runs past him when it is really rough.
I had freinds who saw a white 16 with 4 guys with helmuts on running around in the waves on the big lake Anyone know that boat?

Tony

Great poker run
Parnell

That was me, my two kids and my nephew. We dummied up a number and the helmets were for anonymity. We came in with the off shore boats and relatives on the pier were cracking up to comments like; Look at that little boat taking the waves. Another said "Don't be fooled, those boats (Donzis) are really fast. They thought we were part of the poker run and countless people cheered us on! On the way out of the channel, there were much bigger boats, 30 footers, that were intimidated by the 4 foot rollers coming down the channel and turned around. I followed suit but was overruled by the kids and proceeded out to lake Michigan not knowing if we would swamp it or not. I only bought it about 4 weeks earlier, a 1990, and didn't have a lot of experience in bigger waves. We followed a canopied Fountain back in through the channel as people cheered us on all the way thinking we were a participant in the poker run. We were laughing so hard and having so much fun it was unreal! When we got into Lake Charlevoix, we said "Let's see how we run with one of these boats!" We picked one and paired up with it on our starboard side. As he gunned his boat we opened ours up and stayed neck and neck with him before we turned off as we were coming completely out of the water running over 50 mph. He must have been obeying the 55 mph speed limit, but it was a good showing for a tiny sweet 16. A great experience we will never forget!

Sweet Cheekz
07-14-2009, 07:53 AM
We heard it was really funny Way to represent! :wink:
We were out Friday night jumping some waves sorry we missed you Have a great summer in your 16
Parnell

Tony
07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
That was me, my two kids and my nephew. We dummied up a number and the helmets were for anonymity. We came in with the off shore boats and relatives on the pier were cracking up to comments like; Look at that little boat taking the waves. Another said "Don't be fooled, those boats (Donzis) are really fast. They thought we were part of the poker run and countless people cheered us on! On the way out of the channel, there were much bigger boats, 30 footers, that were intimidated by the 4 foot rollers coming down the channel and turned around. I followed suit but was overruled by the kids and proceeded out to lake Michigan not knowing if we would swamp it or not. I only bought it about 4 weeks earlier, a 1990, and didn't have a lot of experience in bigger waves. We followed a canopied Fountain back in through the channel as people cheered us on all the way thinking we were a participant in the poker run. We were laughing so hard and having so much fun it was unreal! When we got into Lake Charlevoix, we said "Let's see how we run with one of these boats!" We picked one and paired up with it on our starboard side. As he gunned his boat we opened ours up and stayed neck and neck with him before we turned off as we were coming completely out of the water running over 50 mph. He must have been obeying the 55 mph speed limit, but it was a good showing for a tiny sweet 16. A great experience we will never forget!

Welcome to the board!
Great first post, and what a cool idea to slip in with the big boys, complete with fake numbers. Reminds me of the phony runner who entered an Olympic stadium at the very end of the marathon...she fooled the crap out of the announcers and spectators.

:beer:

VincentD
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
I believe it tows a baja, it has been in a couple of magazines for advertisement (before Reggie bought baja).

the Baja tow rig use to pull a 2008 35 Baja to all the poker runs across the nation. Now it tows a 42 fountain, they just kept the same paint job.

VincentD
07-28-2009, 05:43 PM
That maroon Donzi was there last year too. Beautiful boat!

The maroon Donzi was not their last year. It is a brand new 09'.