PDA

View Full Version : Precision TXP 28

roadtrip se
07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Three blade has been MRI'ed, tuned, and balanced by Throttle-Up.

Vent holes are welded shut and polished for better planing performance.

Mercury-style, square bore hub. Not t-lock system.

Perfect condition. Selling due to engine re-build and re-rig.

Pics to follow. Prop is at other house.

Asking $275 + shipping.

PM or email somewisbey at comcast.net

roadtrip se
07-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Jill says no more three blades on the SE.

Everything else is gone from the treasure trove!

Might have been a little tall on my asking price on this one.
Let's try $225 + shipping!

Remember, this one has been checked out by Throttle-Up!

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can get a prop and camera in the same location. This thing is spotless!

yeller
07-20-2009, 11:30 PM
RT, I'm very interested in this prop. My boat spins a 29P M+ very nicely, so I'm just a bit concerned the TXP will be a bit small. What's your thoughts?

Also, I understand the MRI and Balanced part, but what's involved in the "tuned" part?

Three blade has been MRI'ed, tuned, and balanced by Throttle-Up.

roadtrip se
07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
RT, I'm very interested in this prop. My boat spins a 29P M+ very nicely, so I'm just a bit concerned the TXP will be a bit small. What's your thoughts?

Also, I understand the MRI and Balanced part, but what's involved in the "tuned" part?

Yeller, I have my 29 Mirage in a for sale ad a few post down below. Take a look at it, if you would like. It is heavily labbed and thinned. It was a mile or two faster than the 28 TXP, but the Mirage could get very loose, very fast, in the right conditions. Hence the nickname of "El Diabolo"!

The 28 TXP also has significant better handling, grip, and holeshot than the Mirage. Overall, no surprises.

I turned both at about the same RPMs. So the pitch difference did not matter that much in my application.

When I say "tuned", it was basically inspected, measured, and balanced by Throttle-Up. Reality? It speced out farily accurately to what it was supposed to be, and Throttle-Up had to do very little to it.

It is a very nice prop.

PM me, if you would like it with your contact info.

Todd

yeller
07-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeller, I have my 29 Mirage in a for sale ad a few post down below. Take a look at it, if you would like. It is heavily labbed and thinned. It was a mile or two faster than the 28 TXP, but the Mirage could get very loose, very fast, in the right conditions. Hence the nickname of "El Diabolo"!
The 28 TXP also has significant better handling, grip, and holeshot than the Mirage. Overall, no surprises.The M+ seems to work differently on my boat than others. I like it because there are no suprises. The Hydro Q4 scared the crap out of me because it was the one that got loose, really quick.

I turned both at about the same RPMs. So the pitch difference did not matter that much in my application.I'm guessing though, that being labbed, your M would spin faster over a stock prop, (possibly more like a stock 28P?).

I am still interested. If it was a 29, I wouldn't hesitate. I did recently pick up a 28P Tempest + because the price was too good to pass up. Your TXP is also priced extremely well. I just don't want to end up with 2 props that are too small. I haven't had a chance to test the Tempest yet. I'm hoping to get out by the weekend. If it spins the right RPM, I'll be much less concerned about the size of the TXP. I'll get back to you, but in the meantime, don't hold it for me. If you sell it, I understand...money talks.

roadtrip se
07-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeller,

The tuning on the Mirage was done to give handling for my set-up, not to make it so I could turn it. Keep in mind that I am running a 500 with shortie, so my trim angle is very significant to get bow lift, which can intoduce handling opportunities that would never happen with a standard leg. The 500 never had a problem turning it.

I have heard good things about the Tempest from Ted on the Ilmor boat, so it should work for you.

As for the Hydro, I think you know I am a fan. Different boats, different results. Sometimes, similar boats, different results. Who knows.

Good luck with your testing.

roadtrip se
07-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Prop is still up for sale...

roadtrip se
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Still available...

roadtrip se
08-27-2009, 10:27 AM
the rest are gone from my little shop of horrors...

Jill says I can use it for break-in hours, but I think I would rather just see it go away.