PDA

View Full Version : Special Mirage+ 29...

roadtrip se
07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Propeller labbed, MRI'ed, and balanced by Throttle-Up.

It has had some cup taken out and is highly polished and thinned at the trailing edges.

Fastest prop in my arsenal on a 500EFI-powered Classic.

Perfect condition. Selling due to engine re-build and re-rig.

Asking $500 + shipping.

PM or email somewisbey at comcast.net

roadtrip se
07-13-2009, 09:26 AM
with a friend.

El Diabolo lives on...

roadtrip se
07-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Too much pitch for my friend's boat.

So available, yet again!

roadtrip se
08-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Jill has this thing sitting on her desk at work. People keep cutting themselves on it and bleeding all over. Someone please take this off of our hands, before someone slices a wrist open!

Offers taken...

fogducker III
08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
If that was a 27 I would grab it in a heart beat..............:eek:

I don't think I could turn a 29 could I....:confused:

roadtrip se
08-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Osur866 is the guy that just tried this thing. He bought my 29 that had been re-pitched to a 28 last year, and it is his favorite rally prop. He couldn't turn the 29 with the 6.2, but I bet you could with the Scorpion, based on where Steve landed with his shortie 18. Both props are identical in the way they were labbed by Throttle Up.

I rode with Steve during the AOTH Poker Run, and that boat flys and lands perfectly. Just rocks. I would have never thought he would turn that big wheel, but he does. And well. Very, very nice running 18.

Don't listen to me though, PM Steve and ask him for his impressions.

fogducker III
08-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the info, very surprising results from Steve, I will have a chat with him and make a decision ASAP. Do you have any problem shipping to the great white north...?:wink:

PS. If it comes with a hub kit I don't need it, I have the kit that is for the 1 1/4" prop shaft....

Osur866 is the guy that just tried this thing. He bought my 29 that had been re-pitched to a 28 last year, and it is his favorite rally prop. He couldn't turn the 29 with the 6.2, but I bet you could with the Scorpion, based on where Steve landed with his shortie 18. Both props are identical in the way they were labbed by Throttle Up.

I rode with Steve during the AOTH Poker Run, and that boat flys and lands perfectly. Just rocks. I would have never thought he would turn that big wheel, but he does. And well. Very, very nice running 18.

Don't listen to me though, PM Steve and ask him for his impressions.

roadtrip se
08-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I think I shipped a shorty drive somewhere up in your neighborhood last fall.

PM me if you are interested after you check-in with Steve and I'll send you my details...

Lenny
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Jeremy, pull the trigger on it anyway. :) If you can't spin it then ProCharge the Scorpion :D

fogducker III
08-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Doh.....:bonk: I forgot about that....thanks I will let you know.

I think I shipped a shorty drive somewhere up in your neighborhood last fall.

PM me if you are interested after you check-in with Steve and I'll send you my details...

fogducker III
08-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Jeremy, pull the trigger on it anyway. :) If you can't spin it then ProCharge the Scorpion :D

I would love to "boost" the Scorpion but I don't think they make a "kit" for it, at least I know for sure Whipple doesn't. On top of that, it would cost too much $$$ for what I would get, an LSA motor is another story...:wink:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/detroit-2008-2009-lsa-6-2l-superchar/

osur866
08-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Jermery yes I just sent this prop back to Todd last week, it was just a tad bit too much pitch for me but was a very very smooth prop to run, no ill handeling effects at all the boat liked it better than the 28 that I got from Todd last year just a tad too much pitch. This thing is worth trying for sure you might be very suprised what the outcome maybe. Steve

fogducker III
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Jermery yes I just sent this prop back to Todd last week, it was just a tad bit too much pitch for me but was a very very smooth prop to run, no ill handeling effects at all the boat liked it better than the 28 that I got from Todd last year just a tad too much pitch. This thing is worth trying for sure you might be very suprised what the outcome maybe. Steve

I agree, it is definatly worth a try, I just have to justify a $500+ "try"......:boggled:

I know it is worth the money.....I will let you know before the end of the day Todd, thanks.

fogducker III
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
So after some behind the scenes discussions, :wink:

The prop is sold...........watch out Lenny, I am coming for ya.............:boat: