PDA

View Full Version : Tabs installed!

HOWARD O
07-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Just finished installing the 12x12 bennetts from the old boat. They sure work great, just settles the boat down to a nice, stable cruise. Nice just idling along with the tabs down, no wandering wobble. :yes:

I wanted the switch to work as Bennett's instructions do because I am used to it from my old boat. I found it odd that the instructions say to wire the red wire to starboard and green to port. Sure enough, that's bassackwards. In other words, the stbd. switch is operating the stbd. tab. Just a matter of switching the 2 wires. Other than that, fantastic.

My old boat also had the tab retracting module that goes inline between the switch and pump, so I installed that too. I figured what the heck, might save some damage if I go too far on my lift and forget about the tabs. I don't think they'll get close to the bunks anyway, actually. Tabs with the retractor installed worked fine initially, but after I was topping off the pump with ATF, the stbd. tab just stayed lock in the up position, but the port tab functioned fine. I disconnected the retractor and it works fine again. Thought someone might have a suggestion for that. The pump is operating, but that line won't pump with the retractor hooked up. Guess I'll read up on that little box.... :confused:

Anyway, I really find the tabs to be a GREAT addition. I could've lived without them but they really transform the way you can operate the boat. Plus the price was right! Now maybe I can spring for a nicer switch with the indicators...... :wrench:

BIG thanks to Phil (MOP) for his very helpful instructions! :kingme:

MOP
07-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I knew you would enjoy driving slow in a straight line with no hands!!!