Pismo
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
This is a great website...

joseph m. hahnl
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd love to stomp on that hornet:wink:

penbroke
07-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Sweeet... I've been wondering about it. Nice job!

Frank

mattyboy
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I see he finally got the windshield out of the bedroom... :kingme: :yes: :p

yes the 14 is there now ;) :tongue:

farmer tx
07-11-2009, 10:20 PM
yes the 14 is there now ;) :tongue:

In the bedroom?:shocking:

Air 22
07-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Nice....:cool:

mattyboy
07-12-2009, 07:12 AM
LOL

the more I see the boat the more I like it. The shop had it out front ready for us to hook up and go. He said thank god you guys are here, all morning it has been people up and down the drive way stopping to look at it and admire it.
We can get anything done!

so we hook up and go, stop for lunch with Paul who is very happy with the progress. It is the first time he has seen it since it's rigged. I think he is starting to see the final product and the finish line.

Off we go. I tell Pearson watch for brown cars and silver cars they are cops looking for speeders. we are in CT and not sure "my cards" will help us in CT. Well anyone who has convoyed with him knows there is only one speed limit and it is not the posted one ;)

well did I tell you so or what !!! we roll by a semi off the side of the road and CT trooper is there with his lights on. I look in the mirror and he is pulling out. I tell Pearson he is coming after you. FU matty no he's not, and if he does pull me over I am going to tell him you are a mentally unstable michael jackson fan who forced me to drive you to neverland.

Well the trooper finally catches up. Pearson i can't see him where is he??? he has been riding next to the trailer for like five minutes. I said he is running the plates and waiting for you to **** up then he is gonna pull you over.
this went on for another minute or so, then the trooper pulls along side of Pearson's window gives us a thumbs up and speeds off ;)

Thank you Don, Jim,Walt and Alan ;)

MDonziM
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Sweet! Great color, great job. Thats what I wanted for my old 16 but it didnt work out that well. Little old lady drives it to church on sundays?

cutwater
07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
You think you can get away with posting only 4 pictures??? :nilly: We need more... Looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

DON N.
07-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I believe that's the hornet i saw up at performance trailer , last fall picking up dr. Dan donzi . It is beautiful . Yes more pictures .

mattyboy
07-14-2009, 11:18 AM
ok one more pic

Trueser
07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Matty,

What's the width of the deck stripe?

And what is the pin stripe color?

You have any ideas on the x dim?

ZekesterbluH3
07-15-2009, 12:01 PM
lol..Pale in comparison, but an Hornet III, more of a rat rod version : )

mattyboy
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Matty,

unlike the classics the deck stripe is also raised up into the mold it is white the boat will be all yellow with a white deck stripe and white interior

the X will be at the stock level from merc, bringing the X up can cause some ride issues on a 19 degree deadrise benchseat

it is getting a merc racing 383 stroker motor and a bravo so if we need to a shorty can be added to raise the X a little

I'll measure the stripe for ya when I am back at the boat

mattyboy
07-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Matty,

unlike the classics the deck stripe is also raised up into the mold it is white the boat will be all yellow with a white deck stripe and white interior

the X will be at the stock level from merc, bringing the X up can cause some ride issues on a 19 degree deadrise benchseat

it is getting a merc racing 383 stroker motor and a bravo so if we need to a shorty can be added to raise the X a little

I'll measure the stripe for ya when I am back at the boat

would love to find a hornet 2+3, II, or III

Trueser
07-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks Matty,

I will get some updated pictures. by Friday if your interested.

Do the 21's have the same problem?

mrfixxall
07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
would love to find a hornet 2+3, II, or III

I know whre their is one sitting but again i dont know if he is willing to give it up just yet.

AIRGRADY
07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
I took my windshield off my Hornet and couldn't be happier. I like the look and it gets freakin hot here in Naples so the more wind flow the better.
The boat is much more user friendly without the windshield since the cockpit is more accessable and it is much easier getting in from the bow. The person in the front passenger seat can now sit on the deck with their feet on the front seat(in the no wake zones). Everyone that rides in her agrees it is much better without the windshield (at least here in Naples).
It made a huge difference, the cockpit now feels open rather than confining. Its way more comfortable now.
My $.02

ZekesterbluH3
07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm windshield-less because it was smashed when I got it...I'm waiting for the new one, and hoping it makes the boat more comfortable at speed..I'm tired of the wind at high speed, even at cruise...and turning around to get my hat: )

AIRGRADY
07-16-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm 6 feet tall and have found the windshield directed the wind directly into my face. I guess you could drive like the old ladies here in Florida by hunkering down and looking thru the steering wheel, that may keep the hat on your head.

My advice..... Superglue that hat to your head after your windshield install!

Grady

Tank
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Wow :eek:
Looks coooooooooooooollllllllll:shades:
Love the Yellow very sharp.
383 can you say zoom-zoom-zoom:yes:
My hats off to you very nice job!
Brian
PS more PHOTOS
tanks

BUIZILLA
07-16-2009, 08:58 AM
why not a BIII ?

Trueser
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
why not a BIII ?

I agree I'm working on HIM.

BUIZILLA
07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Merc has some NICE prop sets for them too... you can stagger pitch them like I did on my Formula and it makes a NOTICEABLE difference

mattyboy
07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
would need to be a bravo3 XR the BIII doesn't have the gear ratio needed at would be just about at it's HP limit, , this motor drive combo was setup by merc racing think it will be just fine in it

Trueser
07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
So how would you think a Hornet III would run with a bravo instead of a TRS?

Transom will be glassed in. along with the rest of it.

mattyboy
07-16-2009, 11:12 AM
I think it would run fine, the benchseat is scheduled to be ready to go for the lk george fall picnic i'll keep you posted

BUIZILLA
07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
would need to be a bravo3 XR the BIII doesn't have the gear ratio needed at would be just about at it's HP limit, , this motor drive combo was setup by merc racing think it will be just fine in it ohh BS..:bonk:the BIII comes in at least 2 different ratios and prop sets to 28" at least... that 383 mouse motor will NEVER break a std BIII unless it's over 550 lb/ft, which it ain't, much less bog down 2, count em 2, 28" props... :bighug: perfect slow speed handling, perfect cruise handling, perfect docking, better handling, faster cruise speeds, less overall slippage,, :shades:

Lenny
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
ohh BS..:bonk:the BIII comes in at least 2 different ratios and prop sets to 28" at least... that 383 mouse motor will NEVER break a std BIII unless it's over 550 lb/ft, which it ain't, much less bog down 2, count em 2, 28" props... :bighug: perfect slow speed handling, perfect cruise handling, perfect docking, better handling, faster cruise speeds, less overall slippage,, :shades:

Sounds like you'd make a good salesman for a Shortie BIII on an LE :)

mattyboy
07-16-2009, 04:01 PM
if you think that it will make such a difference call Paul ,