PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Get Together In Michigan

hot shot
07-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Hello MADCOW people, We are gonna have a get together at wamplers lake in the irish hills on tue 7/14. I know its short notice but this will give guys like carl c a chance to come out and have fun for a day. sweet cheekz, atomic carl etc. there are a couple of donzi owners that live on the lake andinvited us out for a day of fun... call me if interested and i'll have a fone # for directions etc. 734 516 1242
come on carl this is your chance to be king of the lake.... Mick

Carl C
07-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Well that just figures.........finally a week-day event and the boat is broke.:mad::mad::mad: Mick, I granaded the Bravo upper after about 7 hours, XR upper is on the way. Lower is going to brian to clean up.

roadtrip se
07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm in the wrong state, my boat is torn to shreds, and no warning was given.

I guess this is how MADCOW will continue to keep its air of mystery, intrique, and general vaporous-like make up by having spontaneous gatherings at undisclosed locales with little to no warning. Ironically, I am sitting here in a MADCOW t-shirt posting this. Twilight Zone kind of stuff.

Just busting ya' Mick. Have fun out there and say hello to everyone for me. A little warning next time and I can at least come out and buy some gas!

You do another one in August and maybe we can have the SE Flowerpot ready for a little prop testing.

We do want pics as evidence that the infamous MADCOW does still exist!

Just Say N20
07-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't think I can get it back together in time. . . .:boggled:

Rootsy
07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't think I can get it back together in time. . . .:boggled:

I guess I could slap a quick layer of mat and glass over the transom cutout and grab a paddle or two LOL

You guys may want to send an invite out to Doug Lovins (DougL). he lives on the other side of US 12 on Sand Lake... 5 minutes from the state park launch. have not spoken to him in a while so I am not sure if he has anything to do tomorrow or not.

Doug L.
07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
:frown: I can't make it do to a previous commitment.:bonk:
Chuck is hosting the event, there should be some
very fast and very cool boats from the Michigan Hot
boat club.
There is also a rumor that there will be some of the worlds
best BBQ from Randy's:cool::cool::shades:

Sweet Cheekz
07-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Just saw this and the boat is running great Chit! Next time Have fun
Parnell

Madcow
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
SON-OF-A-BI***. I just saw this, and did NOTHING today. Man that would have been cool to go to. :frown: When is the next Madcow gathering?

Madcow
07-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Wheres the pics?

hot shot
07-22-2009, 06:50 AM
would be nice to do torch lake this summer.... any idea's ?

roadtrip se
07-22-2009, 08:46 AM
would be nice to do torch lake this summer.... any idea's ?

but maybe we can try another one of these mid-week blasts for a few of the gang somewhere in lower Southeast Michigan in mid-August.

I am going to have to drag the boat to water here to do a little testing, before going south with it. Might as well have a little fun while we are at it.

I'll post when I think I'll be ready when we get a little closer. Of course Mick, Brian will tell you about the same time I am finding out...

Maybe some time on the week of the 17th....

BTW, we had a ball cruising around the chain of lakes over by Pickney with Carl and Patti in their 16 last night. Great place and nice people... Thanks guys.

Carl C
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
but maybe we can try another one of these mid-week blasts for a few of the gang somewhere in lower Southeast Michigan in mid-August.

I'd be in for that. Todd, will your 22 be done that soon???

roadtrip se
07-24-2009, 07:31 AM
I'd be in for that. Todd, will your 22 be done that soon???

Pretty good shot at it, as long as Potter doesn't send my motor to Lenny.

ygrowup
07-27-2009, 09:08 PM
[quote=roadtrip se;526561]but maybe we can try another one of these mid-week blasts for a few of the gang somewhere in lower Southeast Michigan in mid-August.

I am going to have to drag the boat to water here to do a little testing, before going south with it. Might as well have a little fun while we are at it.

I'll post when I think I'll be ready when we get a little closer. Of course Mick, Brian will tell you about the same time I am finding out...

Todd--keep us posted as you firm-up a possible date & location around here. We'll drag out the red menace & round-up a few others hiding in the bushes lately. Dave1

roadtrip se
07-28-2009, 04:20 PM
[quote=roadtrip se;526561]but maybe we can try another one of these mid-week blasts for a few of the gang somewhere in lower Southeast Michigan in mid-August.

Todd--keep us posted as you firm-up a possible date & location around here. We'll drag out the red menace & round-up a few others hiding in the bushes lately. Dave1

We'll hit your cell and throw something up here a week or so out, once I know we can burn gas with some level of assurance. Figure some time late in the week of the 16th. I am sure Brian loves seeing this....

Looking forward to it!

Brian41
07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I will bring the big dog out and clear a path on the lake for you guys.

Bamboo Loui
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
hey guys- real newbie here in SW michigigan-- wish I would have known about today-- I have been reading&reading the novel re the ZX saga and completely lost track of time--- I am am new owner of a 22C and having a hand full of trying to ring out the boat -- or me correctly. would have loved to been with you guys to learn about my boat- or me- to figure out why my 22C seems to be out of control at WOT.
I have lived on a lake since I was 5yrs/old-- had a bunch of boats, albeit ski boats, but this beauty has me vexed. She is out of control at anything above 65mph indicataed by the non gps speedometer.
she is beautiful and I love the boat, but I just can't get that control feeling-- she wants to go side to side-chine and get real loose. It is probably me--which is why I would have wanted to be there for help/instruction/advice etc..
Unfortunately, August gets worse for me. My daughter in Florida is having my first grandson on the 21st and I have a committment on the 16th.

If any of you guys are on the west side and have some time, I would love to get some first hand instruction and help with this boat-- I think it is way sensitive-- needs tabs and yet I read Carl Cs does not as does many others. There is a 22c on this lake and he has never used his tabs.

the other/newer Doug L

roadtrip se
08-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Doug,

Pass me a PM with your contact info, including a phone #, and I can give you some suggestions on a few things to check.

roadtrip se
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
hey guys- real newbie here in SW michigigan-- wish I would have known about today-- I have been reading&reading the novel re the ZX saga and completely lost track of time--- I am am new owner of a 22C and having a hand full of trying to ring out the boat -- or me correctly. would have loved to been with you guys to learn about my boat- or me- to figure out why my 22C seems to be out of control at WOT.
I have lived on a lake since I was 5yrs/old-- had a bunch of boats, albeit ski boats, but this beauty has me vexed. She is out of control at anything above 65mph indicataed by the non gps speedometer.
she is beautiful and I love the boat, but I just can't get that control feeling-- she wants to go side to side-chine and get real loose. It is probably me--which is why I would have wanted to be there for help/instruction/advice etc..
Unfortunately, August gets worse for me. My daughter in Florida is having my first grandson on the 21st and I have a committment on the 16th.

If any of you guys are on the west side and have some time, I would love to get some first hand instruction and help with this boat-- I think it is way sensitive-- needs tabs and yet I read Carl Cs does not as does many others. There is a 22c on this lake and he has never used his tabs.

the other/newer Doug L

Good chatting with you today, Doug. Call me any time. Todd

Carl C
08-03-2009, 06:30 PM

the other/newer Doug L

Keep us in the loop! It is fascinating why some 22Cs seem to have issues at high speed and others do not. I know hull irregularities can cause quirks. You are right that my boat goes straight and true at high speed and I can raise the tabs completely as I raise the drive and the speed. Where are you? Can you get out week-days? How fast you running?

Bamboo Loui
08-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey Todd, thanks for the note and the advice- I have ordered two test props from BB but nothing has come yet, I am hoping for this weekend.

Carl C-- thanks also for your note-- I just got back from Florida, My daughter delivered early and things were really busy for almost three weeks. I can get out on some week days, but travel is tough as I try to run my business from the house--plant is in Canada and I live on the south west side below Kalamazoo. Before we left for Florida I decided to try running with less tabs-- easing out as I trimmed- things were getting loose but I was OK until I got the low stern lub alarm. Going to work on that today to make sure it isn't catstrophic and perhaps just a slow leak.
If all goes well with that, I am going to work on my driving, plus check out rpm at WOT, no tabs, full trim to insure I will be getting the right props to test. It seemed to me I was at 4800 before the alarm, so I want to check and then call BBprops with the report. Been looking at Hyd steering to as suggested by almost everyone-- will be taking the boat to northern Florida for the winter- will probably look for the Hyd rigging there. If thee is hull issues, I'm not sure what I will do.

roadtrip se
08-25-2009, 11:27 AM
A little more seat time will give you an opportunity to sort this thing out. Keep us posted on your prop testing too. Just expect 8000 opinions on it, as this is part of the game on the Registry.

Speaking of seat time, Brian is deep in rigging right now on the Flowerpot. If he finishes up this week, I'll wet test it and bring back to Kentucky before Labor Day. Most likely, I anticipate that I will be back up there the week after Labor Day, so check back here as we may attempt to scare up a little mid-week run on the Detroit River the week of the 7th.

Bamboo Loui
08-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Todd-- should I do a post on the performance threads? I appreciate your help and honest to God-- don't think I want 8000000000 opinions:wink: but I just wonered if you would pick up my up dates if I stay on this thread.
Update--took her out today in 20-25mph winds with a friend- down wind using half the lake = 1 mile- iwas hitting 5100rpm- with tabs down alittle to compensate for my rider and what I felt was excess porpoising--- I say a little because I do not know what is a lot-never the less the boat was stable for me as a driver, until I hit max rpm and speed. Now--I wonder-- if I was experienced, would have I handled the situation better? What I did was slowly shut her down rom the indicated 73-4 at 5100 and brought the trim down to make my turn around the lake. Turning west I was going into the wind and think I did a pretty good job of pulling her out of the porpoise with more throttle and at WOT more tab.

anyway-lots of fun- Brad at BB is sending a 26 Bravo One tomorrow- I will get it friday. Let me know if you think I should change to a different post.

Thanks much

Doug L

roadtrip se
08-25-2009, 03:56 PM
If Brett says to try the 26 Bravo, I say let'er rip! The Bravos are a strange breed in terms of their indicated pitch, and nobody knows better than Brett what each one pitches out at for real.

This is performance stuff, so yes, you probably should subject yourself to the opinion pool, instead of hiding out in the event section. Good luck.

DonziChris
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Keep me posted as to any michigan runs, I would love to get together before the summer is over.

Chris

Doug L.
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Got a call from Chuck he is hosting another get together at his place on Wamples lake Tuesday Sept. 1st.
PM me if you need more info. should be lots of fun.:yes::yes:
Doug

Trueser
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Keep me posted as to any michigan runs, I would love to get together before the summer is over.

Chris

The summer never started.....

Carl C
08-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Got a call from Chuck he is hosting another get together at his place on Wamples lake Tuesday Sept. 1st.
Doug

That could be doable. Should there maybe be a new thread to get everyone's attention? Maybe a sticky? Who all is going? Mick?

Carl C
08-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Doug

ttt Any new word on this?

hot shot
08-29-2009, 11:43 AM
yes i'm in for tue sept 2nd and it would be great to see carl c there it is a tue and his boat running like barry sanders so it would be great to see the likes of doug l, carl c , atomic carl, and the rest of you and you know who you are...qquestions pm or call me 734 516 1242 i think we are gonna start hooking up around noonish....

Carl C
08-29-2009, 12:49 PM
yes i'm in for tue sept 2nd

I will be there. The boat is cleaned up and ready for another adventure. Tuesday is Sept. 1 though. Is that the date?

Carl C
08-29-2009, 07:58 PM
It looks like the place to put in is the ramp in Walter J. Hayes State Park. Is that what you guys are doing? I have maps and a chart of the lake so don't need directions. Any specific meeting place or time? It shouldn't be hard to find each other out there. I will try to get there before noon. Who else can we get?

Carl C
08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
This is on for tomorrow (Tuesday). If anyone needs info call me @ 248-330-0048. Gonna hook up around noon.:alligator

Carl C
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Great time, wish you all could have been here! These &%#$!+ pickleforks can really fly:shocking:.

roadtrip se
09-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I got a report from Mick as you guys were wrapping it up. Looks like a great day was had by all. Next time for me.

Tony
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Next time for me, too.
In a few weeks my boat will be in the Portland area instead of the Frankfort area.

:beer:

Carl C
09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Next time for me, too.
In a few weeks my boat will be in the Portland area instead of the Frankfort area.

Are you moving?

Tony
09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Are you moving?

Nope, we live in Portland but spend most of the summer up in the Benzonia/Beulah/Frankfort area.

Carl C
09-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Nope, we live in Portland but spend most of the summer up in the Benzonia/Beulah/Frankfort area.

OK, cool. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

robertbj
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey Carl,
Any of the guys at the get together going to the Hardy Pond Shoot-out in Stanwood 9-12 & 13th? Most of the boats are pickle fork or drag boats, but a few V's show up too.

Carl C
09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Carl,
Any of the guys at the get together going to the Hardy Pond Shoot-out in Stanwood 9-12 & 13th? Most of the boats are pickle fork or drag boats, but a few V's show up too.

I didn't hear anything about that. Anybody know anything?

robertbj
09-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I didn't hear anything about that. Anybody know anything?

Carl,
I will start a new thread with any information I can dig up, so those who would like to check it out can find it. I plan to be there on Saturday.
Bob