PDA

View Full Version : 28ZX Scorpion upgrades

Trueser
07-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Here are a few things I have done to the 28ZX.

Anchor Locker has worked perfectly. The anchor stays in place!
Bow light replaced, Led stern light.
Steering wheel and Livorsi shifters.
Livorsi GPS Speedo.
Helm Heater was installed by previous owner.
Marine radio
Drive showers installed. Never did see a loss in speed.
Glove box Scorpion decal added. Stereo remote.
Removed the mufflers.
Sony Xplode stereo system/speakers/IPod with new remote.
Futures uprades planned,

Disc brakes and elec controller.
Stainless marine exhaust
33 c cable replacement.
Indicator light for when the drives are centered.
4 blade props.
Possibly add a second heater.

roadtrip se
07-10-2009, 08:52 AM
And with good reason!

One of the nicest ZX Scorpions I have seen.

Now, I need a ride! And heaters are for wussies!

The Hedgehog
07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I like the anchor box. After looking at that I am going to totally redo locker. Fix a little glass, add some bilge coat and make a anchor holder.

I put one of those sony remotes on the cruiser. It is a nice piece

FISHIN SUCKS
07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Looks great Mikey:yes:! I wish you had a sony keypad at the helm, I am having troubles finding a new sony deck that will mate up with the keypads (helm and transom) and also be able to mate up with this itouch thing I just got. Anyone with idea's on my situation, let me know. Only reason for sticking with Sony is because that's what mates up with my keypads.

Last Real Texan
07-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Nice upgrades, heck it won most pimped out zx @ AOTH for a reason... Nicely done

Tex

FISHIN SUCKS
07-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Nice upgrades, heck it won most pimped out zx @ AOTH for a reason... Nicely done

Tex
Needs lot's of lights to be a real pimp:pimp: Pimpin' ain't easy!!!

undertaker
07-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Mike, looks very nice.......I especially like the anchor locker, when I had my 2000 28ZX that was a big issue for me I just layed small rubber mats inside to keep the anchor from beating up the inside, I really like your set up....great job..

Undertaker:shades:

The Hedgehog
07-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Tex

Be careful, that SM exhaust will get him within 12-15 mph of your top speed:wink: The scorps are closing in on you!

VetteLT193
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I still haven't had a chance to call you... but...

I'd love more info on the muffler removal.

It's funny how you added a heater, and I'm trying to figure out a place to add Air Conditioning. :bonk:

SilverBack
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
That is one sweet boat!! I love it!!

The Hedgehog
07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I still haven't had a chance to call you... but...
I'd love more info on the muffler removal.
It's funny how you added a heater, and I'm trying to figure out a place to add Air Conditioning. :bonk:

You should be able to unbolt your mufflers and replace them with straight through tips.

VetteLT193
07-10-2009, 07:21 PM
You should be able to unbolt your mufflers and replace them with straight through tips.

Considering you can't see them when the boat is in the water, I'd rather just save the dough and knock out the muffler part. Plus, it will always need flappers, so I may as well keep these tips.

Right now it's got a rumble plus the switch for quick and quiet. My old Minx is literally 2x as loud as the ZXO and it's short an engine. I'm not looking to blast myself out of the water, but just a bit more sound would be nice considering I can just hit the switch to make it quiet anyway.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Does the muffler come out easily? I haven't tried yet but was thinking about removing them tomorrow and see what the 502 sounds like without them. [after I mow the yard, and all of the "honey do" list]

The Hedgehog
07-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Considering you can't see them when the boat is in the water, I'd rather just save the dough and knock out the muffler part. Plus, it will always need flappers, so I may as well keep these tips.
Right now it's got a rumble plus the switch for quick and quiet. My old Minx is literally 2x as loud as the ZXO and it's short an engine. I'm not looking to blast myself out of the water, but just a bit more sound would be nice considering I can just hit the switch to make it quiet anyway.

You could take a torch and cut them out or splurch a hundred bucks or so and get some tips. Either way works.

Do a search. I think that Brian Tuvell cut out his baffles. I don't think it is very hard.

gcarter
07-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Just get some tips.
People are always looking for some mufflers.
Recoup your cost.

I'm wondering how ya put AC in a 22C......it'd be nice to extend the boating season into the summer time.

ITTLFLI
07-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Looks great Mikey:yes:! I wish you had a sony keypad at the helm, I am having troubles finding a new sony deck that will mate up with the keypads (helm and transom) and also be able to mate up with this itouch thing I just got. Anyone with idea's on my situation, let me know. Only reason for sticking with Sony is because that's what mates up with my keypads.

Lookin great Trues!

Fishin...what model key pads do you have? I just went thru this exercise on my malibu.

Tripper...those heaters are handy! We used mine all last weekend!:kingme:

Team Jefe
07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Heater:confused:

Why would anybody need a heater on a boat....Man, its hot enough out there as it is....AC maybe, but heater....That's just crazy talk :lookaroun:

BUIZILLA
07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
cold cajones..

mrfixxall
07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Heater:confused:

Why would anybody need a heater on a boat....Man, its hot enough out there as it is....AC maybe, but heater....That's just crazy talk :lookaroun:

I guess you havnt been boating in the upper midwest lately,,its been getting into the 60;s at night,then fog and mildew set in and wit the dampness in the air its freeking cold:shocking:

Ghost
07-13-2009, 12:42 PM
then fog and mildew set in...

So, a heater and a bleach sprayer are good to have? <ducking> ;)

I know what you mean though--one of my boat rules is no matter what, remember that somehow you might get cold. On my last boat, when sitting at anchor and getting chilly, opening the motorbox and sitting on the bench in front of it was a great way to get a quick warm-up.

JamieP
07-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Very nice, more pics please:cool:

Trueser
07-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Lake Michigan water temp was 52 last week in Michigan.

Thanks for all the comments!

FISHIN SUCKS
07-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Lake Erie is reported at 70 degrees.......Put In Bay here we come!!!

Cuda
07-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I would love to have a 28Zx with Scorps. Ted had a beautiful one at the Home Town Rally a few years ago.

Trueser
07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I would love to have a 28Zx with Scorps. Ted had a beautiful one at the Home Town Rally a few years ago.

And she ended up with my friend Rob here in Illinois. It spent a few weeks at my house. The rest is history.

Trueser
09-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Plan on using my heater this weekend.....