PDA

View Full Version : 19 St tropez on ebay original looks nice

mk32j
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Just thought you all would be interested in this looks nice:yes::yes::yes:
ebay item # 130316457519
Wonder what it would cost to get it from Alaska to Florida????

Just Say N20
07-08-2009, 08:23 PM
To keep people in the future from wondering what ebay item # 130316457519 is. . . .

mk32j
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks, N20 computers are not my strong point!!!

I know somebody on here will appreciate this!!!

Morgan's Cloud
07-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Not original by a long shot ... But someone has spent a lot of money and time on it !

All of the railing is custom , rub rail is not factory , fire ext in console , towing eyes on stern , upholsery .. probably been repainted and wouldn't likely have come with a 280 package etc. But if it's been done right like I said , someone's probably put a lot of money into it.

Interesting to see a white one .... It allows you to see how the lines of the boat work on their own without the illusion provided by colour.

olredalert
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
------Although the railing doesnt look like the accepted St.Tropez railing, dont be so sure it couldnt have been done that way at the original owners insistence. The railing as well as the stanchions and ends look like the original style and believe me as an X-employee (briefly, Ill admit) and an X-DONZI dealer (circa early 70s) I know that anything could have been ordered to facilitate a customer. Roy Farmer and the Chisholms would have bent over backwards to help a customer and often did!
------St.Tropez's tended to get used hard and put away wet so I can certainly understand the heavy-duty rub-rail being installed during resto. And,,,Yes, this St.Tropez looks to be well restored........Bill S

douglasdolphin
07-14-2009, 03:43 AM
the boat is mine, no serious bids so we are keeping it. I also just bought a 21 gt and a modified open water racer. I didnt really want to sell, just didnt think I would have room to keep it inside, but I have sold two of my vintage jags and made room.

I am the third owner, I have spoken with the original owner and know the second owner well. I have a photographic history of the boat from new, some things are obviously changed like the rub rail, but much else is original or very close. It came with three large lockers of spares and some orginal pieces.

I have a pic of it new, sorry to disappoint the "expert", but the stainless rail is original as is the upholstery and the eyes in the stern.

I have many classic cars also - you never know what is original until you do a little research, especially with a company that would build to suit the customer.

JimG
07-14-2009, 06:28 AM
What a cool boat!:)

Morgan's Cloud
07-14-2009, 06:59 AM
I have a pic of it new, sorry to disappoint the "expert", but the stainless rail is original as is the upholstery and the eyes in the stern.

Sorry , if that's directed at me .... Just never seen a St T with much of that type of hardware .. Including the last one built which we now know was very 'custom' .

Do you know if there was a hull ID number on it and where it was ? ?