PDA

View Full Version : Got to check out some Teagues in action

The Hedgehog
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
As we all know most engine builders bash each other's work. So I will throw out my layman's observation on a couple of packages.

I got to see some of Teague's NA 720's come apart recently. I was not all that impressed. The motor ran on the ragged edge and had a ton of cam.

The jury is still out on his big 1,200's.

My friend John has his 1,100's in his Outerlimits. That seems to be one of his better packages I have seen. From looking at these it is kind of interesting how some of the big builders set things up differently. He seems to run lower compression but drives the quad rotors a little harder than Eddie's stuff. He has some stuff dialed to the max and then cuts some funny corners like using vbelts as opposed to serpentine. He recommends oil change at 20 hour intervals which is about twice a long as many of the big power guys. That tells me he is probably running tighter piston clearances. They do run clean though and don't leak a drop of oil. He uses 565 as opposed to 598. I am sure that there is some reason for that.

Overall, John seems to be pleased with his Teaguesters. No they are not over the top like Eddie's 1,200's but they seem to be a great package. They sure sound good and look pretty to me.

In the upcoming months we shall see how Teague's 1,200's measure up. I know of a couple of those that are circulating around.

BlownCrewCab
07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
If all he did was build motors then they would all be a piece of art (like some other engine builders) But he (his shop) Builds drives, Parts, Motors, Rigging,While he is out Writing, Testing, Racing etc.. I think you'd be lucky if he ever even saw those motors when they where at his shop. Just cause it says teague doesn't mean he did it himself, But yes he got the profit.

The Hedgehog
07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
If all he did was build motors then they would all be a piece of art (like some other engine builders) But he (his shop) Builds drives, Parts, Motors, Rigging,While he is out Writing, Testing, Racing etc.. I think you'd be lucky if he ever even saw those motors when they where at his shop. Just cause it says teague doesn't mean he did it himself, But yes he got the profit.

Yes, I know how that works. And most of them don't come with a dyno sheet.

That is why I prefer the small name engine builders.