PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Classifieds...

cutwater
07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I see both sides of the "Red 87 22C" debate, so I am not at all commenting on that...

BUT, I think what Matty posted there is interesting. You have to admit, no matter the current condition of the boat, if he had listed it for $14k (or heck, even for $12k) in the For Sale section, someone would have posted the Craigslist ad as a response. Then there would be a few negative replies, and the boat would still be for sale even though it currently looks to be a fairly nice 22C. Our for sale section can be a dead zone sometimes...

On the other hand, members' observations can point out actual problems with certain boats that might NOT be in great shape. This is especially helpful for inexperienced members, like I was when I bought the Minx a few years ago. Your observations helped me a ton. :yes: Thanks guys!

So what do we do? It does seem that most of the time eBay or BoatTrader are better for sellers than our site. I understand "For Sale" is not the primary function of this forum, but we are often the first place a Donzi owner turns to...

Thoughts?

Donzi Vol
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Good thread/thoughts, cutwater. I think it all comes down to a matter of discression and fairness. The 16 "splash" that you asked a question about in "whatever you want to talk about" was a very waranted post. The boat isn't a Donzi...a probable buyer needs to know that.

As for perfectly good Donzi's being listed on here, I think we should just lighten up a little. If we see a little problem here and there, just let it be and rest assured that the probable buyer will investigate it to the fullest. I believe a pattern of that mindset will entice more sellers to post their Donzi's on here rather than ebay, craigslist, boattrader, etc.

It's hard not to share an ad with everyone on here if we run accross a good one for sale, but I see matty's point. Better that a seller does things his own way, rather than have the tormoil among our group that we've had today.

mattyboy
07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
it is simple you have a donzi to sell post it, that's if it is yours, if you want to really buy it or are interested in it then ask a question. as we speak the donzi for sale section is filling with not mine posts that a ( long time)member's ad for a rare criterion is fading onto the next page it doesn't make sense ???? who cares what you found browsing the web for sale on craigslist it serves no purpose posting it anyone looking for a donzi get craigspal free it will search where and what ever you want it will even save your searches

if you want to discuss a boat that's what the discussion section is for

IF YOU ARE JUST LOOKING then LOOK and be quiet about it

if you are looking to play games well then play games, but don't get pissy when people start playing back

roadtrip se
07-08-2009, 10:06 AM
but as my Great Grandmother used to say, "Two wrongs, don't make a right".

cutwater
07-08-2009, 10:21 AM
it is simple you have a donzi to sell post it, that's if it is yours, if you want to really buy it or are interested in it then ask a question. as we speak the donzi for sale section is filling with not mine posts that a ( long time)member's ad for a rare criterion is fading onto the next page it doesn't make sense ???? who cares what you found browsing the web for sale on craigslist it serves no purpose posting it anyone looking for a donzi get craigspal free it will search where and what ever you want it will even save your searches

if you want to discuss a boat that's what the discussion section is for

IF YOU ARE JUST LOOKING then LOOK and be quiet about it

if you are looking to play games well then play games, but don't get pissy when people start playing back

I agree, and that's how it is supposed to work. But I think from your other post you would also agree that's not always how it actually goes down. So my question is, should we implement stern For Sale section guidelines on posting replies, or make it a "one post classified" type ad like on Craigslist?

Also, should we ban outside ads from other sites?

I'm just thinking out loud here.

but as my Great Grandmother used to say, "Two wrongs, don't make a right".

Sorry, I don't understand how this applies to the question I posed :confused: I would like to hear practical thoughts on what (OR if there are changes that) could be made to the classifieds section.

BUIZILLA
07-08-2009, 10:27 AM
i'll offer up Matty's head for moderator here...

Monty Python style.. :angel:

what a nice guy I am :kingme:

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I too am getting tired of this a $5.00 donation by a member to post a one post only classified, and all those helpful souls I am sure wouldn't mind to fork up the 5 bux to help a member find a boat so the "not Mines" would pay too. there is enough PM and Email probably twitterings too behind the scenes that there are no secrets anymore . while we worry more about a newcomer being burned then a long time member who has contributed and helped many here ad falls off the front page by the usually meaningless redundant not mine posts

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
i'll offer up Matty's head for moderator here...

Monty Python style.. :angel:

what a nice guy I am :kingme:

remember my philosophy is what good is power if you can't abuse it, usually followed by the phrase Holy **** who put that guy in charge

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 10:53 AM
trust me no one wants me as a moderator, just a glimpse of the possibility there would be 13 or so posts that would poof on the for sale section of which maybe 2 would be moved to other sections the other would be told to post in a more appropriate place

BUIZILLA
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
trust me no one wants me as a moderator, just a glimpse of the possibility there would be 13 or so posts that would poof on the for sale section of which maybe 2 would be moved to other sections the other would be told to post in a more appropriate place if that's what it takes, what's wrong with that?

roadtrip se
07-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Only, if I get the political section.... NOT!

Cutwater, go read the sale post which I am sure you have, and my comment is COMPLETELY relevant to a discussion about the classifieds.

On to directly answering your question, so we all walk away happy:

My opinion on suggested changes is that the section is fine AS IS, which is pretty obvious based on how many BS detectors went off here, when somebody manipulated it.

This is very simple really, if you don't like how the for sale section is handled here, don't view it and don't utilize it to buy or sell stuff.

Carl C
07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Matty, those would be "tweets".

The rules are already in place in the stickys on the "Donzis For Sale" section.

"Another person's ad is sacred"

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 11:20 AM
the 5 bux is the vig ;) it was my idea, harbor wanted 50 bux to make an ad for someone who did want to do it themselves and have him do it for them, the not mines do it for free :rolleyes: :bonk:

VetteLT193
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I like the "spotted a donzi" section idea. I like seeing them, and like the fact that it increases the chance of a Donzi coming to this group... the core of Donzi owners, who will undoubtedly make that Donzi better than ever.

Just Say N20
07-08-2009, 11:24 AM
As a current offender of posting Donzi "not mine" for sale ads, I would like to share a few thoughts.

I was unaware that there were any rules that said it was inappropriate to post ads for boats that we weren't selling. If there is, I will apologize and stop immediately. If there is not currently such a guideline, but people decide there should be, I will also comply.

I can think of at least a couple times where such "not mine" ads actually led to a purchase being made by someone on the board. My thinking has been that this site was a one-stop-information-source for Donzi related information, including what is for sale out there.

While many have a way to do a universal search on craigslist, many apparently do not. If someone is looking for a particular Donzi, and they don't want to take the time to do separate searches for Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, etc., etc., etc. I thought it was helpful to post such ads that others might not see. That is why I have been attaching pictures to the linked ads, so that interested parties can still access the pictures/information once the link has gone dead.

When I was looking for a Donzi I went through every one of the ads in the FOR SALE section, and was very frustrated at how many just posted a link, so no information could be retrieved because the link had expired. An expired link doesn't necessarily mean the boat sold.

I also think it serves people well by creating a sort of historical record of different boats, so interested people can access information about the boats history (eg the Green Gucci 22, and the 1986 non-Donzi 16 currently being discussed).

We are all here seeking information of some sort or another as it relates to Donzis. If I am interested in a certain boat, and I can learn from a prior ad that it had sunk 3 owners ago, that simply gives me additional information I can use to decide if I am still interested in the boat. The more informed I am, the better decision I can make.

I like the idea of the "Saw a Donzi For Sale" section, mainly because that would let site member's ads stay near the top. However, I know that a new Donzi listing in the current FOR SALE section brings a lot of eyes to that section. If there is never anything new posted, how much "traffic" will the section get. I like see what is newly listed.

And on a separate note, I would like to request that everyone post using appropriate punctuation. There is so much good information here, that it is a shame it is sometimes almost impossible to use, because without that little period marking the end of a sentence, it is very difficult to ascertain exactly what is being said without re-reading it several times, trying to figure out where one thought stops, and another begins.

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 11:34 AM
there are 3 threads stickied at the top the first one says FOR YOUR BOAT !!!!! and if you don't want to take the time and register there's a $50 charge for Harbor to do it for you

the program has been mentioned here there is a thread on it

it is called craigspal free do a search it will search where and when you want it to.

yes let's make this a ****ing english class, everything doubled spaced

yes proper punctuation **** that **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
here is the list, I mentioned in an earlier post !

I hope this helps?

here is the link:

http://craigspal.com/

just heard the bell it must be recess !

VetteLT193
07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
craigspal is another craigslist overload. In the past, craigslist catches on and disables them on their end because it is against the craigslist way of doing things.

So... use it while you can, but don't expect it to be around long-term.

jl1962
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I like the For Sale section as is.

Although I'm not in the market for a boat I have learned A LOT from perusing other ads and from the (mostly) insightful comments made by members. I DON'T spend a lot of time using other available search engines and listing sites searching for Donzis and I appreciate it when other members distill those other listings and post them here. I don't feel the extra listings detract from members posting their boats and I agree that we are trying to steer these stray boats into our own midst where they might find knowledgeable, like-minded future owners. Plus, these other ads give me a sense of where the market is for our boats. It's like reading the WSJ - I'm not looking to buy or sell GE but I still like to know where it's trading!

Keep it the way it is and crack down on anyone playing shell games - save that for eBay!

Todd - two wrongs don't make a right, but as my kids point out, three rights DO make a left! :wink:

Peace/Out

BUIZILLA
07-08-2009, 12:11 PM
a referral of a Donzi for sale, is still a Donzi for sale... don't need two playpens.....

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Leave it alone. A Donzi for sale is a Donzi for sale.

I have enjoyed the Ebay, Craigslist, Boattrader, etc....posting, especially by Just Say N20. These postings contain more than just a Donzi for sale. It can show market trends, trends in prices, what is available, etc.... Plus, I like looking at Donzi's.

We have a new member right now looking for a 22 on the west coast. Can't find what he wants through Ebay and local. Perhaps a posting might match him with his Donzi.

Post every Donzi for sale on the planet. Great info.

Plus, sometimes we catch scams. Might save a member down the road a hell of a headache if he tried to buy one of these.

As for the Critter for sale, ain't the right market. If someone wanted it, they know who owns it. I know of 5 for sale right now. Market is Critter flooded.

Why are we being so detailed about this?

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I agree that some valuable information can be had from the ebay or craigs list boats, I just feel they don't belong in the "members" Donzi boats for sale section as they usually entice comments from the peanut gallery and again are usually redundant how many times are we going to talk about that 64 41k 16???? if anyone has questions they should post up in the discussion section where things can be discussed. sorry again why should someone who just found a boat and has no interest or stake in it in it be able to post it ahead of a member who has taken the time to take and upload photos write an ad even if it is not written up to some standards letting you know about their boat????????? I can tell you I would give more credence to the ad written by a contributing member than a cut and pasted ad from another site. Everyone always throws out the let's keep it in the family let's find it a good home and make it a great donzi, shouldn't we be taking care of "OUR FAMILY FIRST" who might already have a great donzi don't they deserve to have atleast some advantage for participating here and finding their donzi a new home??????

sorry my grammar may be off let's see if I can put in terms everyone will understand

some of you need to think about both sides of this

or step 1

put your left hand on your left ear

step 2

put your right hand on your right ear

Step 3

and pull your head out of your arse

;)

:tongue:

I don't know anymore glad I sold mine before all this started happening

:)

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Matty, I see your point. That being said, this board is a resouce for Donzi owners as much as a community. Remember, many people visit this board without signing up. They can also access the for sale section. They are not contributing anything, don't know the member who posted an ad, etc.....

Sometimes Donzi's are found outside the normal channels, including Ebay and Craigslist. I found that beautiful V-Drive Gt-21. I posted it as I thought it was a worthy candidate for a member and should be part of this community. No one else found it and no telling how long it was for sale.

As for whether an ad is credible or not outside of this forum, that is what an inspection is for.

Finally, as for discussing the boats listed that are not member boats, isn't this a Donzi discussion board where we discuss Donzi's? Some simple post how much the appreciate the boat. Others critique it. Whether the 1964 16 was really a 1964, well, many said it was not, they were right, but everyone agreed it was a beautiful boat.

I love waking up in the morning and seeing what Just Say N20 has found.

Once agian, I simply look at it as another resource. If the rules say no discussing or whatever, maybe they should be changed. Rules here change all the time. No politics, then politics, then no politics, then a politics section. Rep points were good, then they were bad. These rules were made 5-6 years ago. Things change. Maybe they should be re-visited.

As for taking care fo the family first, I know many members who bought a Donzi and THEN became a member, like the guy who bought my 16, Okie2.

Just Say N20
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I agree that some valuable information can be had from the ebay or craigs list boats, I just feel they don't belong in the "members" Donzi boats for sale section as they usually entice comments from the peanut gallery and again are usually redundant how many times are we going to talk about that 64 41k 16????

Hopefully, the membership of the site is constantly growing. What is redundant to some, is brand new to the newer members of the site. New members are probably not aware of how to utilize the search function to find if a particular topic has been discussed before. I have been here a while, and it still takes me more than forever to find a particular thread.

What I have seen happen in the case of the "redundant" topics, is someone politely pastes links to where that particular topic was previously discussed, so the interested party can easily find it.

mattyboyimsorryyoutookitpersonalaboutusingcorrectg rammerandpunctiationthereisreallynoreason
togetallsetoffaboutititwassimplyasuggestionathowto improvetheflowofinformation
asiguessitreallyisntanythingtoconcernourselveswith . :wink:

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
discuss all you want just do it in the discussion section.

I have been in contact with at least 10-13 non board member donzi owners in the past 7 or so months they come here see what goes on in the for sale section and want no part of it. they either post locally or contact the lake george club for advice or input or to sell . Then they find out they went to ebay or craigslist not to have all the BS here and they get dragged in here anyway.

another point what if someone else a member had a line on that v drive 21 and was close to a deal had it almost closed an now all the emailers that have no dog in the race with that is a yadda yadda boat do you know the hull number??? you don't know what you have there now and the flash of BS email makes the seller think he has something he doesn't and the deal gets undone

I ask you IS THAT RIGHT??? so you're privilege to trend the market,or the sake of discussion to document the history of the boat for future generations overrides the other members privilege that has found the boat done his home work tried to make a deal that all gets thrown to the curb??????

This place had a much different attitude some time back , members would respect first dibs back off if another member had a line on a boat, I have also been given right of first refusal even though I didn't find the boat but it was in my back yard. some still play by those rules most actually . all I am really asking is before you have donzi for sale turrets, that posting someone elses' ad may have positives and may have negatives, once the cat is out of the bag the milk is already spilt

seems everyone has full boxes of PM's I have no problem with letting people in the market for a boat in on a find on a back channel , not a problem. I would hope they would take the high road if another member or credible buyer has a deal is in place they would back off.

also remember discussion in a classified ad is a double edged sword live by the sword die by the sword

and you guys are right that is a high traffic area and usually the "web Face" we put forward to the public and what most outsiders see first . really look at it, think we are better than that I DO ;)

I have not seen any boat pop up here that I didn't see atleast once in my daily search for a boat I did see the v drive but can't use it on my lake I have talked to the X18 in nj on a few occasions.If you are in the market show some initative search, there are alot of donzi out there. a friend just got a great deal on a 22zx 502 mpi in great shape just needs a good buffing for peanuts.

just an alternative point of view

mike o
07-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Matty, I see your point. That being said, this board is a resouce for Donzi owners as much as a community. Remember, many people visit this board without signing up. They can also access the for sale section. They are not contributing anything, don't know the member who posted an ad, etc.....

Sometimes Donzi's are found outside the normal channels, including Ebay and Craigslist. I found that beautiful V-Drive Gt-21. I posted it as I thought it was a worthy candidate for a member and should be part of this community. No one else found it and no telling how long it was for sale.

As for whether an ad is credible or not outside of this forum, that is what an inspection is for.

Finally, as for discussing the boats listed that are not member boats, isn't this a Donzi discussion board where we discuss Donzi's? Some simple post how much the appreciate the boat. Others critique it. Whether the 1964 16 was really a 1964, well, many said it was not, they were right, but everyone agreed it was a beautiful boat.

I love waking up in the morning and seeing what Just Say N20 has found.

Once agian, I simply look at it as another resource. If the rules say no discussing or whatever, maybe they should be changed. Rules here change all the time. No politics, then politics, then no politics, then a politics section. Rep points were good, then they were bad. These rules were made 5-6 years ago. Things change. Maybe they should be re-visited.

As for taking care fo the family first, I know many members who bought a Donzi and THEN became a member, like the guy who bought my 16, Okie2. Hey daddy, Dont forget Foggy.:kingme: Matt I see your point. It all good to me. The more the better. Im looking for a 96+ 18 without a windshield:yes:. :yes: Its all about the information about all the boats that are discussed when posted. Who knew the 87 year has so special from the experiment:kingme:. Even somebody that has a 87 and didnt know:kingme:. The for sale posts that are not updated that they are sold or the seller has dissapeared (chew and screw), but the ad's still posted, bother's me the most.

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Hopefully, the membership of the site is constantly growing. What is redundant to some, is brand new to the newer members of the site. New members are probably not aware of how to utilize the search function to find if a particular topic has been discussed before. I have been here a while, and it still takes me more than forever to find a particular thread.

What I have seen happen in the case of the "redundant" topics, is someone politely pastes links to where that particular topic was previously discussed, so the interested party can easily find it.

mattyboyimsorryyoutookitpersonalaboutusingcorrectg rammerandpunctiationthereisreallynoreason
togetallsetoffaboutititwassimplyasuggestionathowto improvetheflowofinformation
asiguessitreallyisntanythingtoconcernourselveswith . :wink:

Bill,

having PC skill issues is one thing and having new members grow can be good . Growth is great as long as the general outlook of the site doesn't change to much. You have joined a site that is dedicated to Donzi it used to be just a classic site but it has changed and that is good. Remember to much change is not good. A girl who joins the boy scouts as to realize that she is a boy scout not a girl scout., if she tries to change them to accomodate her that is not right. Might not be a good analogy. New members join here they should be in step with the program learn the basics learn to search. There is alot of info here from some members who don't come here any more due to "Change". I am willing to help anyone as long as they are willing to help themselves. If a member can find a link so can a newbie, a guy who can post an "ad Page" from craigs list can't figure out the search feature here ;)

since my writing skills are not up to par with your expectations if you have any questions on your project call me you'll find I tawk funny too

DonziChris
07-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I have bought boats that I found in the for sale section that were listed on other sites, And I for one would not want to see it ended.

Chris

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Then they find out they went to ebay or craigslist not to have all the BS here and they get dragged in here anyway.

I would think that if they posted a sale on another medium, then they would be happy to have it posted here as well. It simply gives them more exposure and a better chance to sell the boat. I am not sure how they get dragged into the "BS" here.

another point what if someone else a member had a line on that v drive 21 and was close to a deal had it almost closed an now all the emailers that have no dog in the race with that is a yadda yadda boat do you know the hull number??? you don't know what you have there now and the flash of BS email makes the seller think he has something he doesn't and the deal gets undone

Matty, that is just plain unrealistic. The guy wanted 40,000+. I had watched that boat for a little bit. It was on an obscure internet site and probably wouldn't have been found. You can say the exact opposite, what if someone on here was looking for a GT-21 Vdrive and had not been able to find one after searching forever. By posting it, you have simply helped a member out. Also, when I thought a member had bought Jeremy's 18 out from under me, the general consensus was that no one owned a boat until you had a bill of sale.

so you're privilege to trend the market,or the sake of discussion to document the history of the boat for future generations overrides the other members privilege that has found the boat done his home work tried to make a deal that all gets thrown to the curb??????

Matty, you are assuming that every boat found has a member here, who is a buyer, looking for that particular boat, in the closing part of a deal. You know that is absurd. I have never heard of a deal blowing up because someone posted a boat they found right when a member was closing. I have seen deals blow up on here, Vette being the latest, but never due to that.

Hey daddy, Dont forget Foggy.

Great example. Bought my boat out from under me and THEN joined Donzi.net and is now a freind. He had better be taking care of my boat!!!:wink:

I bought my 16 from the for sale section. I also bought my Criterion from a link someone posted in the for sale section.

I also want to point out that not every boat found on craigslist or ebay are posted. It seems the majority fall into one of three catagories. 1. It is a unique Donzi. 2. It has a great price 3. it is a restoration.

Matty, you are right, this board has changed. Before I joined, I watched it for 2 years. Loved looking at the for sale section, inlcuding posted links from other sites. I don't think I joined till after I bought my Donzi.

Matty, you are a great guy and I really enjoyed chatting this winter, but you are in the minority on this thread. All of your examples are hypothetical and have never happened that I know of, but I could be wrong. Perhaps you got burned once and that is why you are so against boats listed elsewhere being posted here? Just wondering.

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Err, actually I had a boat bought from underneath me by a member, and Buiz had a member try REAL hard to buy his Crit out from under him.. Appears the For Sale section might be TOO effective actually, that is, if folks would quit trashing it.

Poodle, I have heard both those stories, but I can't remember if either boat was listed in the for sale section. Both were before my time. In each example, were you both quietly trying to buy a boat that was not in the for sale section, or were you buying a boat listed on the for sale section? See what I am saying? Been there though. Not a member, but Jeremy got my boat on ebay for 100.00 more in the last minute of the auction. 2 months later I was running in BC with him and Lenny. It all worked out, but I was pissed at the time...... Funniest part was that I had posted the boat in the for sale section before I decided to bid on it. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! LOL

For the record, although it has been stated that you don't own a boat until you have a bill of sale, I would not buy a boat out from under another member, but boat buying edicate on here has been discussed before with the majority seeming to say if you don't own it, it is up for grabs. Another discussion for another day.

So, I guess this thread boils down to 2 things. 1. Should boats not from owners be posted here from other sites. and 2. Should boats posted here be critiqued. That part can be broken down into 2 more parts. 1. Should boats posted by the owner and members of thsi forum be critiqued 2. Should boats posted by people who found them on other sites be critiqued.

For me 1. A donzi for sale is a donzi for sale, post them all, found or owned. 2. Yes and no. If a member posts his boat for sale and intentionally states things that are not true and you have intimate knowledge of the boat, or model specs, then perhaps a polite "I think you made a mistake" might be in order. As for found boats, give em hell. Many ads are just plain fraudulent. 9 out 10 post a bs top speed. Splashes are sold as Donzi's. Boats are in "pristine" condition or "the nicest one for sale right now" etc....and are delapidated hunks of crap. That was the exact caption for one Wayne went and looked at for me. "Nicest 18 for sale right now" "mint condition". It was a rusted abused piece of crap. Save someone a headache. On the other hand, all critiques don't have to be bad. If you think it is a nice boat or a great deal, hell, throw out a compliment.

f_inscreenname
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I bought some stuff and have sold some stuff. It's been good to me.
It don't just happen here. I remember one member of another board bought something out from under another member and the crap hit the fan. Wasn't soon after the board broke up. I feel all is fair in love and war and a "for sale" or auctions are war. As for out right slander, thats what the "what ever you want to talk about" section is for.:wink: Honest questions good or bad are fair game but there is a fine line. Even pointing out a better deal somewhere else on someones thread is a little over the line IMHO.
As for me one of the reasons I post in the classifieds to sell something is because it's for sale for what I want for it, not what it's worth either way and a place like this may be able to appreciate that as much as I do. It's your choice to buy it or not.

mike o
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
J, the boat was advertised here. Actually, I think both were.. That was a long time ago, less members back then:kingme:http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32565&highlight=stand+weather

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
then you proved my point. you weren't trying to buy a boat from somewhere else, someone found it, then posted it. that was what matty said happens. don't think it has, but i could be wrong. it's all good and doesn't mean it couldn't happen. :)

hey, i am getting this feeding the babies and typing with one hand thing down. no capitals though.:wink:

motorcity
07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure where the 5 buck donation thing came from, there is no requirement or whatever to post an ad, you just need to register.
IMO the crailglist thing is annoying, but I have let it go since some folks like it, and have benefited from it. How about we make a seperate "Spotted a Donzi for sale" section, and then leave the actual "Donzi's for sale" section for boats that are actually for sale on the board only?

On another forum I frequent , they have a Internet Claasifieds section, where people post ads from craigslist, etc.

BUIZILLA
07-08-2009, 07:54 PM
there have been at least 6 if not 7 Critter's run thru here...

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
same here, bronco forum. anyway, point is, a linked boat posted here imo is fine. both buiz and scots were already posted here.

i do kinda miss the capitals even of they are overated.

Donziweasel
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
i think the for sale section does pretty well. i have seen boats on boat trader for over a year. if it doesn't sell quick here, it seems that it is more the condition of the boat, price, or a one line description without pics.

MOP
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I had a little interest in the red boat, Bonnie said buy it!! I did not move fast enough and it was gone, the buyer cleaned it up and make 5K! That is an Oh Well!!!!

mattyboy
07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry but a sale on ebay is an auction that the highest bidder wins. if the consensus here is everything is up for grabs until the deal is done is a major change in the previous consensus.
the first thing out of everyone's mouth is how different this place is than any other forum the people are friendly,like a family yet when push comes to shove for some it seems like talk.
I have not be burned, and anyone who has dealt with me will find I am pretty fair and a man of my word. cutwater has the last skisporter interior bilt rite made we had a deal for a price we agreed on I was offered much more money by someone else, i even worked with him on a little snail mail mess up a deal between members is a deal
if it is everyman for himself I am glad I know that now. no honor amongst theives so to speak.
Thanks poodle i thought i was dreaming all that up, also glad the seller of Jim's critter was stand up guy.
Jon, I really don't think it is that way I still think "we" "all of us" are better than that. That if someone called you or me and said there's a boat by you can you look at it for me that that is what we would do. not try and un do a deal but hey if I might have an interest I would say if your deal falls thru can I persue it ;) as I did with Sam Janarone and his x 18 someone made a deal minutes before I arrived could I have started a bidding war sure but that is not the way I operate
and remember the critter "madDog" seems that boat was pulled from the market by the partner's who owned it due to a rash or a spike in emails and chatter about it they thought it was worth more that what it was and most of that chatter was by people who had no interest in the boat or the interest was strictly monetary so sometimes we are our own worst enemy
;)

Cuda
07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
I think it's worked in it's current state for about ten years.

farmer tx
07-08-2009, 10:57 PM
I wasn't about to post on this add, though I ended up with the boat. What a cluster %uck this was.:bonk:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39764&highlight=criterion+sale

gero1
07-09-2009, 06:41 AM
i haven't been on here much latley. are yall talking about me? i just wanted to sell the black hawk and buy something bigger....sorry for the fus

mattyboy
07-09-2009, 06:53 AM
i haven't been on here much latley. are yall talking about me? i just wanted to sell the black hawk and buy something bigger....sorry for the fus

see the mess you made , you blackhawk guys are nothing but trouble ;) :)

gero1
07-09-2009, 07:20 AM
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

mattyboy
07-09-2009, 07:25 AM
there there take your :frown: and turn it upside down :)

CJmike
07-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Leave it alone. A Donzi for sale is a Donzi for sale.

I have enjoyed the Ebay, Craigslist, Boattrader, etc....posting, especially by Just Say N20. These postings contain more than just a Donzi for sale. It can show market trends, trends in prices, what is available, etc.... Plus, I like looking at Donzi's.

We have a new member right now looking for a 22 on the west coast. Can't find what he wants through Ebay and local. Perhaps a posting might match him with his Donzi.

Post every Donzi for sale on the planet. Great info.

Plus, sometimes we catch scams. Might save a member down the road a hell of a headache if he tried to buy one of these.

As for the Critter for sale, ain't the right market. If someone wanted it, they know who owns it. I know of 5 for sale right now. Market is Critter flooded.

Why are we being so detailed about this?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Couldn't have said it better myself.