PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th to Everyone...

Air 22
07-03-2009, 09:27 AM
:salute:A CELEBRATION DAY

Today is America's Birthday
so wave those banners high
be thankful for your freedom
as fireworks light the sky

Celebrate with honor
wear the colors proud
salute the flag Old Glory
show American pride

Hats off to America
land of the free and brave
our country stands united
God Bless the USA

Have a wonderful 4th of July...:salute:

undertaker
07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Dwight make sure to keep Bravo Boy under control this weekend:):):bonk::bonk:

Happy 4th everyone.....:yes:

Barry Eller
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Happy Independence Day!!!

Barry & Denise

Donzi Vol
07-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Happy Independence Day! :salute:

Oh what a wonderful country to live in...white, black, anything, republican, democrat, something else...and the list goes on. We all have the same rights and ability to live a life of our choosing, also called freedom, which many in this world can only wish for.

mattyboy
07-04-2009, 09:28 AM
yes a happy and safe 4th to everyone, I am going to visit the cemetary today and put a flag by my Dad's grave Major Joseph Veth. We live in an old town along the Aplilachian trail with alot of Revolutionary war history. The cemetary in one corner has headstones over 225 years old some of which are Continental regulars and some are minute men I'll stop and pay my respects today. Sad to say but some of the names have faded from the stones.

My favorite 4th story some of you might have heard this.

about 3 years ago I was working in a new construction office not to far from ground zero. the office was for a company whose ceo was British and a bit of a bully, his reputation was as a hard azz and an intimidator. well it was the 4th weekend i belive it fell on a friday . the construction was behind and the move in was delayed. well here comes the brit on thursday afternoon yelling screaming thru all the trades, well nothing really phases a union tradesman in the city, so the brit is yelling you will all come in early tommorrow( the 4th of july) and work until everything is done. well he kept it up all thru the office until he came upon a long timer local 3 electrician a 55-60 year old guy. the type you see all the time a charles bronson type hardern by all his time on the job in the city, the guy who you love to have a beer with and know he's got your back at the bar if things go bad.

his exact words

"hey Lord Fontilroy, perhaps you should brush up on your history, you guys lost the war, we are out of here today and won't be back until Monday morning"

the brit stopped dead in his tracks dumbfounded, stumbling for a come back all he could do was turn on his heels and retreat.

I got to tell you that electrician got a beer at the corner bar from just about everyone on the work site that day.

I get a great a big grin just thinking about it

GOD Bless America

hardcrab
07-04-2009, 09:53 AM
good story matty - !

my July 4th chuckle was several years ago in Bermuda ( a Brittish colony ), I got a parking ticket on July 3rd. I stopped at the police station to ask if they were open the following day so I could pay the fine.
The woman at the counter asked ( with a cockey look ) what was the significance since it was a wednesday.
I replied " It's in - de- pendence, Oh, never mind, I' ll be back tommorow "

She smiled and nodded.

HAPPY 4th, and BE SAFE everybody !

BlownCrewCab
07-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I thought for certain THIS would be the thread where Poodle Whipped out the Good Flag pic's he's been teasing us with in his avy. (maybe later):crossfing::crossfing:

roadtrip se
07-04-2009, 10:45 AM
as Jill starts her new job on Monday.

We have a flag that came from Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson and flew over our Nation's Capitol a few years back. Some how, it got packed away in the move from Texas to Michigan, and I just uncovered it.

As I hung it out in front of the house last night, it made me think. So many people are hurting in some way economically right now, and frankly have adopted a glass is half full attitude. People are just down.

As I looked at that flag, I thought of what it met and the men who died to defend it. The liberty, the freedom, and the opportunity. So much pain and suffering has gone into defending our way of life in this country.

Pain and suffering that most of us will never experience or understand, thanks to men in the service of our country, today and in the past.

I am proud of our country and will remember your service as I fly this flag.

God Bless the U. S. of A!

Digger
07-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Have a safe and happy July 4th weekend everybody, God bless the USA

gcarter
07-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Have a safe and happy July 4th weekend everybody, God bless the USA

Welcome back Digger.
Good to hear from you, and don't be a stranger.

Carl C
07-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Worked my ass off all week-end but appreciate being able to make good money in this country:salute:. Looking forward to spending some time on the H2O this week now that the week-end warriors are back to work;).

Donzi Vol
07-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Last night the city put on fireworks from the one of the bridges over the river. It was really cool because we could stand on the next bridge down the way and get a really nice view of the whole thing.

I only had one complaint. There wasn't anything that really screamed "The USA is Bad-A*@!" So I suggested that next year during the finale they just start shooting cannon balls off the bridge. I think that would pretty patriotic!:salute:

The Hedgehog
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
as Jill starts her new job on Monday.
We have a flag that came from Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson and flew over our Nation's Capitol a few years back. Some how, it got packed away in the move from Texas to Michigan, and I just uncovered it.
As I hung it out in front of the house last night, it made me think. So many people are hurting in some way economically right now, and frankly have adopted a glass is half full attitude. People are just down.
As I looked at that flag, I thought of what it met and the men who died to defend it. The liberty, the freedom, and the opportunity. So much pain and suffering has gone into defending our way of life in this country.
Pain and suffering that most of us will never experience or understand, thanks to men in the service of our country, today and in the past.
I am proud of our country and will remember your service as I fly this flag.
God Bless the U. S. of A!

Nice post SE