PDA

View Full Version : Buizilla

farmer tx
07-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Jim, I have a 1995 JD 8100 7.6 Lt 160 hp tractor that is getting fuel into the crankcase. About a pint every 20 hrs. I have replaced the fuel primer assembly, thought the gasket was leaking fuel to the pan. The engine does not smoke excessively, only under initial load. Could this still be an injector problem. Are you familiar with this engine, or do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Lenny
07-02-2009, 11:52 PM
About a pint every 20 hrs.

I have a similar problem but is a pint every 20 minutes... :(

:D :D :D

BUIZILLA
07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
a quart > 40 hours is kinda hard to pinpoint

the injectors are outside the valve covers right?? so that takes care of the injector issue..

fuel transfer pump is usually suspect through the roller plunger seal, the hand primer itself won't cause it..

they used three different pumps depending on HP requirements, yours at 160 is a puddle jumper so it's probably a rotary..

otherwise it's leaking past the plunger block seat in the pump body itself if it's an inline pump (very uncommon), or through the driveshaft seals if it's a Stanadyne or Delphi rotary(very common).. if it's a Stanadyne, the shaft seals slowly cut a groove in the shaft.... if it's a Delphi the seals just go soft, limp, and delaminate..

email me a pic of the injection pump setup, I do work for about a dozen Deere stores so i'm SURE I have the parts in stock... that engine in Marine setup is a 300hp powerhouse :yes: in case you wanted that calibration done... :pimp:

buick528 at aol.com

farmer tx
07-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Mark said he would try to remember to take a picture and post it for you later this evening.

gcarter
07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I rebuilt a Perkins 4-108 in a M-F about 30 years ago that had the same problem.....inline pump w/a worn input shaft.
A trip to the local pump shop for a new shaft and seal took care of it.
I had already replaced the seal to no improvement.