PDA

View Full Version : any interest in a cool donzi item

mattyboy
07-01-2009, 08:07 AM
would there be any interest out there in donzi fanatic land

for a full size wall display of a 16 would stick out from the wall around 2 feet and would be setup with mounting hardware would be a wild thing to display in a bar or shop ?? wouldn't be cheap tho but it definetly would be a one of a kind

would look something like this less the outdrive but all the other hardware like the rub rail and the exhaust would be there

olredalert
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
-------Matty,,,Im not sure I understand. Are you talking about a half-model??? That would be absolutely cool.........Bill S

mattyboy
07-01-2009, 08:38 AM
yes it would be a real 16 that is beyond being restored to seaworhty status
cut in half length wise painted and "restored" with hand rail decals and it would hang on a wall a look like it projects from the wall

VetteLT193
07-01-2009, 08:55 AM
sounds pretty cool. you can get 2 of them out of a boat too.

plus, you can use a pretty cheap paint considering it won't be exposed to the elements.

jl1962
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Matty -
I sincerely hope the new guy hasn't bricked up your old boat that badly yet? :frown:
I suppose we could leave it on permanent display at Treasure Cove. :cool:

Seriously - it's a great idea though. I've seen it done with bits and pieces of old boats several times. They really are just ornamentation anyway, whether they are floating or just hanging on a wall.
JL

glashole
07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49229

matty

I wanted to make a bar out of one of these a couple years ago

thought it would be pretty cool to sit around

Shea

roadtrip se
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Why do I see the scrap rate for Donzi 16s increasing with something like this?

I would be interested. Not sure where the heck I would put it, but the idea sounds pretty cool!
Maybe on the ceiling of the lake house. Hmmm.

Afflicted.

Donzi Vol
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
awesome

mrfixxall
07-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Why not have the whole boat mounted on a divider wall,1/2 a donzi in both rooms:) or you could cut the boat in half and wount it to the outside of a building so it looks like the boat crashed through it:)