PDA

View Full Version : Outdrive stand

Conquistador_del_mar
06-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I bought the outdrive stand on the left in this picture for a Bravo III drive. I needed more stands, so I built the 3 carrier roll around stand in a few hours with some leftover materials and $28 worth of castors. I used some stick on rubber on the top of the stands for the drive protection. I will get around to painting it, but it worked out great with almost no cost. I doubt that too many guys need more than one drive stand, but I have not seen any multiple drive stands available and this was easy to build. Just thought I would show it. Bill

BlownCrewCab
06-30-2009, 11:43 AM
and now depending on which shoes & Shirt your wearing, your outdrive will match. Seems you have most colors:)

HOWARD O
06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I sure like yours better than the one you bought! Nice job Bill, interesting you went with three instead of two. Is this an indication of things to come? :eek:

Conquistador_del_mar
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
and now depending on which shoes & Shirt your wearing, your outdrive will match. Seems you have most colors:)

Many of the guys around here in north Texas paint their drives to match the hull color - one of my favorite was a Chromalusion speedmaster #6- beautiful!

I sure like yours better than the one you bought! Nice job Bill, interesting you went with three instead of two. Is this an indication of things to come? :eek:

Howard,
Thanks. If I had 2" square tubing laying around, I would have made the base out of it instead of the 3", but it turned out fine, I thought. My wife's nickname for me (among others - lol) is "backup Bill". The Bravo III will probably go on my Magnum 27 project. The next is a Bravo One lower backup with a nose cone for my Eliminator, then a rebuilt SSM II (TRS) for the Aero project, followed by a spare Volvo Penta speedmaster e drive. I also have a spare lower 270 (not on the stands) for my 18' Donzi in case I want to go back to it. The Aero presently has the original SternPowr bullet drive that might work fine. Too many drives and projects on my plate right now! I also bought an investment Wellcraft from a customer a couple weeks ago right before going over to North Carolina to move my mother. I will be a busy boy for a while. Bill

gcarter
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Well Bill, you're in a class by yourself!!!:yes:

The one on the left looks like mine.
Everyone should have at least one, considering what they cost.

Tony
06-30-2009, 03:54 PM
A "spare" Volvo E-drive?
I'm sure you are killin' a few guys here...

:beer:

Conquistador_del_mar
07-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Well Bill, you're in a class by yourself!!!:yes:

The one on the left looks like mine.
Everyone should have at least one, considering what they cost.

George,
I presume you meant an idiot class - lol. I have no idea why I pile on so many projects except that I like to work. Yep, those stands make storing and moving the drives around so much easier.

A "spare" Volvo E-drive?
I'm sure you are killin' a few guys here...

:beer:

Tony,
If I had the right machine shop, I would be restoring the e drives. I will eventually be selling mine. Bill

HOWARD O
07-01-2009, 06:09 AM
You certainly have some great projects, I'll give ya that!

Please tell us more about this Wellcraft?

Conquistador_del_mar
07-01-2009, 11:26 AM
You certainly have some great projects, I'll give ya that!

Please tell us more about this Wellcraft?

I built and operate a dry boat storage facility (trailered boats) here on Lake Texoma. Occasionally, there are customers who want to sell their boat, but do not want to hassle with the sale. I bought a 1985 Wellcraft 200 Elite that has always been in covered storage. The 260HP Mercruiser engine and the upholstery were replaced 9 years ago with almost no use. It is on a nice tandem trailer, Bennett tabs, CD stereo, new cover, all the gear including skis, spare ss prop, etc. The transom is soft so I will replace it when I get the chance, but I could not turn it down for $2K. It is a nice family boat. Bill