PDA

View Full Version : 4.3 fuel pump problems 16 classic

Cap't Ron
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
:confused: My inline fuel pump stoped. Got a new one, it lasted through the day then I started the boat this morning and nothing, the pump is siezed and will not work. The power to the pump is acting right. It has power when in start mode then with oil presure it has power. The pump I put on is a Sierra.
Any thoughts?
Cap't Ron:nilly:

BUIZILLA
06-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Sierra pump is a good one, I had one for years on a 4.3, better than the stock one IMO.... maybe you have a trash or water ingestion problem? the pumps have plastic rotary vanes and they do NOT like any food other than clean gas...

mrfixxall
06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Yep what buiz said! if you look in the hole at the top of the pump you can see the little vains,if you get a piece of crap in it it self distructs..also check your fuel lines,if their starting to brake down from the alchol in the fuel, a piece can get lodged in the vaines..

Cap't Ron
06-28-2009, 11:06 PM
When I get yet another pump
I think a new felter is in order:nilly:

mrfixxall
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
When I get yet another pump
I think a new felter is in order:nilly:

Also check the inside of the fuel lines,from the tank to the fuel filter and filter th fuel pump for roted rubber..you mat as well upgrade it to the newer fuel linr with the nylon insert because the alchol will just rot it out again:)