PDA

View Full Version : Made it to week 8 with the twins.....

Donziweasel
06-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Today the twins turn 8 weeks and I am amazed the human race has survivied this long without going extinct. If every parent throughout history has had to deal with what I have dealt with, then how the species survived, I have no idea........

I am glad to have them, but 98% of the time, they make it very dificult to like them much. Twins are not just twice as hard as a single, but three times as hard (I think it is more like 4-5 times harder).

Boo Boo is a champ, and is working very hard at being a good mom. I am awestruck by how much patience she has and how hard she really works at it.

I know it gets better soon and the constant calls from Last Real Texan to keep plugging away keep me going. He tells me in another month or two I will actually want to keep them!!!! Man, I look foward to thas day......

Attached is a pic from this week of the little guys......

boxy
06-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Good work so far....
You only have 1032 more weeks to go...... :D

BUIZILLA
06-28-2009, 09:46 AM
just wait until the terrible two's... :eek:

BlownCrewCab
06-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I think they are like 1 in dog years

MOP
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Yup the terrible 2's and let us not forget the MEAN teens! Don you will learn to love and protect, they will become so part of you that you will not understand these early feelings! Trust me I raised FIVE!

Phil S
06-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Hang in there DW.....it does get better !

We had our 11-year old boy/girl twins out on the water all day yesterday....they both got up on a kneeboard on their very first try. ! They wore me out...from sun-up to sundown, all they wanted to do is tube & kneeboard. Tank and half of gas later, sunsetting low, we packed it in, and they were both asleep in the truck before we were finished loading up ! Enjoy every moment with them, they grow up sooo fast.:yes:

Phil

Tony
06-28-2009, 01:01 PM
And the fun, as they say, has just begun!

:beer:

KerrLake
06-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Can only imagine twins but I know what one crying kid is like. It really does get better. Just be happy you didn't have triplets:wink:

VetteLT193
06-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Looking good:) It does get better. Then worse. Then I hope better again. :nilly:

Ghost
06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
They look great. Keep up the good work. I don't have any of my own, but my brother said one particular piece of advice kept him sane with his. "Some particular awful behavior that drives you crazy will make you think you can't do it anymore--but it will always be gone within two weeks."

That, and when it seems COMPLETELY out of control, just be thankful you aren't getting on a plane with them at the time. (Well, unless you are.)

Mike

BigGrizzly
06-30-2009, 10:55 AM
I never doubted B oo Boo for a second, YOU on t5he other hand, I am surprised you made it this far:yes::yes::yes:

mike o
06-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I got a late start, Im 57 with a 10yr old. Raising childern is like climbing the rockies, endless mountain tops to get over, one after the other. The crib, Not being able to take your eyes of them when they start walking for a second. Mary started riding her bike around this summer to the town beach 3/4 mile down the street. I have a heart attack as soon as she's out of sight.:yes: I guess the next thing will be her driving away in the car for the first time :nilly:in a few years. The twins sure are cute. Kids are Lot of work, great rewards.:kingme:

Patti
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Are those not THE cutest babies ever?!

john, I can hear it in your voice (well typing)..spoken like a new dad...lack of sleep and well the demands of two new babies is tough!

It DOES get better, that I promise you..and about the time you see them smile just because it's YOU..all the feelings now will just be but a memory...

It's not easy..but just keep looking ahead...one day this will all be but a memory and you will actually be able to laugh about it..and well hold it over their heads for eternity! :) lol

They are gorgeous and remember..sleep when they sleep if you can...taking time for you is very important..you will get through this! I promise :)

Jamie & I send our best!

mike o
06-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Yep, keep looking ahead.:kingme: 20 yrs from now, home on spring break. Asking for the keys to the big coach, so they can take it to red rocks for a concert in Colorado and maybe a little camping in Southern Utah on the way home :yes: , with 12 -15 pals and 20-30 case of beer.:kingme::kingme::kingme:

Patti
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Yep, keep looking ahead.:kingme: 20 yrs from now, home on spring break. Asking for the keys to the big coach, so they can take it to red rocks for a concert in Colorado and maybe a little camping in Southern Utah on the way home :yes: , with 12 -15 pals and 20-30 case of beer.:kingme::kingme::kingme:

Isnt that the truth!! lol

Our son just turned 21...he always calls me from the "bar" hahah..sorry but I cringe..i'm definitely not as cool as I thought I would be! He's an amazing young man....but I still cringe! lol

Donziweasel
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
We are slugging it out. Some days are better than others. We knew it would be tough, but we both live a long way from our families and any support.

Thanks everyone for the support, I need to hear it. It has been a tough 8 weeks.

I know I could handle all the crying, feedings, diapers, etc...better if I could just get some sleep!!!! Man was not meant to live on 3-5 hours a night.....

Patti
06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
We are slugging it out. Some days are better than others. We knew it would be tough, but we both live a long way from our families and any support.
Thanks everyone for the support, I need to hear it. It has been a tough 8 weeks.
I know I could handle all the crying, feedings, diapers, etc...better if I could just get some sleep!!!! Man was not meant to live on 3-5 hours a night.....

Sleep is probably the biggest challenge...I could probably attribute 99% of how you feel to lack of sleep..

All I can say is enlist all the friends and family you can....if Booboo nurses, pump it and bottle it so others can take over...sorry to be graphic but it is what is is!

Whoever wants to help, let them help! and make sure you and Margi sleep if someone takes over..the babies will be fine! they suffer a whole lot less than you guys do...also..if you can..have someone babysit and take your gorgeous wife out for dinner and a movie or coffee...don't forget you guys while tending to the babies....it's easy to get caught up!

Send me your home addy ok? :)

love to you both!

J &P

BUIZILLA
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
sleep is overrated...:nilly:

Patti
06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
sleep is overrated...:nilly:

Usually I would agree with yo..but not so much in this situation! lol :)

Donzi Vol
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't have kids, but I have a little neice that is working on 4 months old now. After a few weeks, my brother was telling me how difficult everything is. He said that he was looking forward to the time when he would see the little treasure as what she is rather than just a little person to take care of. Well, Sunday night I saw it. He had her giggling at the goofy faces he was making. She was loving it, and he and my sister-in-law couldn't stop glowing. Hang in there...it's worth it (or so I'm told)