PDA

View Full Version : Moving over to the Dark, Dark side...

Last Real Texan
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Well boys and girls...I think the time has come to start something new, I need a new project to focus on these days and am looking for all available info on a sub 30 foot hull that can handle a huge single,perhaps a surface drive and run up into the high teens to a Buck Twenty or more:bonk:....Cat or V bottom does not matter ...however I would prefer a cat for this job I think....Been following some threads over on OSO about a force Cat being rigged with an Arneson, no results as of yet. Phantom also comes to mind for the V bottom thing

Let it rip, tell me what ya got ...I need details man...details...

Tex....:kingme: looking for something else to do...that has not been done before

VetteLT193
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
27 Eliminator Daytona.... or the other flavors of Eliminator in that size range, 25" and up.

I know a few guys run really well with them with blackhawks... arneson or the like shouldn't be a problem if the BH works.

If you want to do something that hasn't been done... pump up a Fun Deck model. 100 MPH party barge, with a refrigerator and toilet.

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Phantom 30 but I am a V-hull man. I know of one that has been done that ran 117 with around 900 hp. It was stable and the guys would wait until Ponchetrain got all chopped up to go stand on it. It was a launching machine. It has a small cockpit for a 30 but the guy that did this one actually carved out a cabin. I heard that Will Smith builds a hell of a boat.

I am enjoying the 26ZX for now but I could see going to something like that when it is time to go really fast. I have had more than one discussion about that.

Oh yeah, if you do a West Coast party barge like they love to cover in Powerboat, you may as well turn in your badge.

Last Real Texan
06-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Phantom 30 but I am a V-hull man. I know of one that has been done that ran 117 with around 900 hp. It was stable and the guys would wait until Ponchetrain got all chopped up to go stand on it. It was a launching machine. It has a small cockpit for a 30 but the guy that did this one actually carved out a cabin. I heard that Will Smith builds a hell of a boat.

I am enjoying the 26ZX for now but I could see going to something like that when it is time to go really fast. I have had more than one discussion about that.

Oh yeah, if you do a West Coast party barge like they love to cover in Powerboat, you may as well turn in your badge.
No Party Barge for me....come on now. As for my Badge...no worries there...no let downs from the Tex Camp... gonna do it up propper this time...really like the Phantom for the V it is at the top of the short list...but really like the idea of a Cat for some reason.

Tex

Sweet Cheekz
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Probably because a cat is way safer and cheaper to get to 120 Good luck it sounds fun

Last Real Texan
06-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Probably because a cat is way safer and cheaper to get to 120 Good luck it sounds fun
You are correct Parnell, I really wan to have some fun on this one instead of wondering if it is my turn or not on any given day.

Tex

mrfixxall
06-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Heres a project

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/boa/1197235548.html

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 11:04 AM
You are correct Parnell, I really wan to have some fun on this one instead of wondering if it is my turn or not on any given day.

Tex

Hmm. Really. No blow over in a V.

Buy one Phantom for around $55k. Drop in your motor, put 500 HP in your boat to sell. Not sure about cats. I dunno the market being a vhull man. What does a 27ft Elim sell for?

I am sure you could beat that with an Offshore Cat or something.

What about insurance

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Heres a project

Hmm, cut off the canopy and open it up....

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Heres a project

Hmm, cut off the canopy and open it up....

May have to replace the air tank with Nitrous for a good time:outtahere:

mrfixxall
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Their we go spending tex's $$$ again.

or he could buy this one and swap his stuff from his donzi and have a linger boat:)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2000_phantom_sportster-o19903-en.html

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Their we go spending tex's $$$ again.
or he could buy this one and swap his stuff from his donzi and have a linger boat:)
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2000_phantom_sportster-o19903-en.html

Yep. That is it!

JimG
06-26-2009, 03:40 PM
If you go V, try a Velocity. It was the first 30 v to crack one hundred...
Lots of speed, not a lot of money, sweet ride. Don't let the pad fool you, they ride great in a chop. You just have to hammer it!
My old T-Bred (Velocity) was a hoot to drive. Nothing quite like climbing on to that pad, trimming to the moon, and feeling it rocket ahead.
Lot's of good used ones out there...

MOP
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Heck leave the canopy on and put in tunes and a breeze, that package turning 120 or better would be a hoot!

Last Real Texan
06-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Heck leave the canopy on and put in tunes and a breeze, that package turning 120 or better would be a hoot!
I have to say I really like the idea of a canopy boat boat w/ air and a rockin system in it maybe I can run one of Hedge's monster frozen boost coolers ducted to the cockpit just running lake water through it....now how to sell the wife on it...she likes the sun..I really like the Phantoms!

Tex

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 04:25 PM
From what I have heard a 30 Velocity will not run with a Phantom on the glass of in the rough. It will have a bunch more room though. I would love to drive one.

If you can't pick up at least 25 mph, I would say stay with the ZX.

JimG
06-26-2009, 04:58 PM
That Phantom is way cool!

mrfixxall
06-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I have to say I really like the idea of a canopy boat boat w/ air and a rockin system in it maybe I can run one of Hedge's monster frozen boost coolers ducted to the cockpit just running lake water through it....now how to sell the wife on it...she likes the sun..I really like the Phantoms!

Tex

Thats what im talking about!!!! A rockin swamp cooled cockpit :):yes:

AS for the wifey! bow rails and 4 sets of hand suffs:D ,

JimG
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I like this one, too...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/the_ultimate_2004_velocity_260_700hp_100mph-o29656-en.html

mrfixxall
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I like this one, too...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/the_ultimate_2004_velocity_260_700hp_100mph-o29656-en.html

im sorry jim but ill never step foot in another volocity boat for as loong as i live:)

im sure their nice boats but after seeing a friend of a friend go through a 5'wave on lake michigan and apon entry the boat broke in half sending him and his wife through the bottom of the boat.. she survived he didnt, his chin hit the steering wheel on the way down and snaped his neck..

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Hmm, 26 Velocity or 27ZX. The Velocity is a step down if you ask me. The 800+hp ZX Tex has runs in the mid 90's and will handle much more water than the Velocity.

Need a SOLID 120 or no Dark side

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 05:30 PM
im sorry jim but ill never step foot in another volocity boat for as loong as i live:)
im sure their nice boats but after seeing a friend of a friend go through a 5'wave on lake michigan and apon entry the boat broke in half sending him and his wife through the bottom of the boat.. she survived he didnt, his chin hit the steering wheel on the way down and snaped his neck..

That is a terrible story. Sorry that happened to your friend Fix.:garfield:

Donziweasel
06-26-2009, 05:31 PM
What happened to the boat we were discussing??? I thought you were on to something there.......:wink:

mrfixxall
06-26-2009, 05:38 PM
That is a terrible story. Sorry that happened to your friend Fix.:garfield:

It was a friend of my friend richie! this happened about 10 yrs ago, it sucked.they salvaged the boat and locked it up in a police warehouse for investigation..

ok on with texs project:)

The Hedgehog
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
What happened to the boat we were discussing??? I thought you were on to something there.......:wink:

I am just excited to spend someone else's money!:yes:

Last Tango
06-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Nordic Thor 27

http://www.nordicboatsusa.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=125215&CatDesc=Boats

SilverBack
06-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Doesn't your buddy on BF have a Red Line that does 130 with a single? That may be a way to go.