PDA

View Full Version : A slap in the face...Value what you have...

txtaz
06-25-2009, 09:42 PM
It's hard to believe. I think I'm still young at 47 and yet I had a close friend, who was my age, pass away from cancer. He thought he was beating it and then it was over. It really made me stop and think about what I have, my friends and family, and to make sure I don't lose someone close without them knowing how much they mean to me.

I'm sharing this not for sympathy, but in hopes that it might make others consider where they are and perhaps where they want to be and to stop and value what they have. We all have so much and sometimes we take everyday things for granted or are so busy we don't stop to see it.

This was a wake up call for me to take stock.

Rest in peace Butch. A great man.

Ghost
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
It's hard to believe. I think I'm still young at 47 and yet I had a close friend, who was my age, pass away from cancer. He thought he was beating it and then it was over. It really made me stop and think about what I have, my friends and family, and to make sure I don't lose someone close without them knowing how much they mean to me.

I'm sharing this not for sympathy, but in hopes that it might make others consider where they are and perhaps where they want to be and to stop and value what they have. We all have so much and sometimes we take everyday things for granted or are so busy we don't stop to see it.

This was a wake up call for me to take stock.

Rest in peace Butch. A great man.

Sorry for your loss. That's so young--your point is very well taken. -Mike

joel3078
06-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Back in May, my partner at work lost his wife to lung cancer.

Went to a funeral yesterday for a very good friend of mine. His brother - battled brain cancer for 10+ years and passed. Got back to work and saw Fawcett and Jackson passed yesterday also.

Life is short - So many of us are in our 40's and 50's and wait till retirement age to do stuff. So many people I see retire get sick and/or pass shortly thereafter. Go boating or whatever else ya like to do. Remember, nobody gives a chit about your credit rating when you are dead. Go have fun now while you can enjoy it.

MOP
06-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear of any poor soul passing especially prematurely, today we have our own family scare. Michael is in quarantine with pneumonia and possible swine flue, we will not have the results until tonight. We near lost him a few years back from a spider bite down in Costa Rica, Bonnie prays every day for peace and health in the world.

Phil