PDA

View Full Version : Need a pic off the engine hatch latch.

yeller
06-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Can someone post a couple of pics of the (engine hatch) latch assembly on on their newer classic. Mines a 2004 22C, but I assume they are all similar.

Not concerned about the engine hatch itself, but if I could get a pic of the latch assembly that attaches to the deck, that'd be great. A pic from the underside and topside would be nice.

I removed mine from the old deck and now it just doesn't seem to line up correctly on the new one. I know it should be a no-brainer but sometimes the littlest things make you question the installation.

gcarter
06-24-2009, 04:53 AM
The top part, or the bottom part?

zelatore
06-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm going past the house later this afternoon. If somebody doesn't beat me to it I can get you whatever pics you need as I've got the motor and hatch both out/off the boat right now.

yeller
06-24-2009, 01:43 PM
The top part, or the bottom part?The part that is mounted to the deck. It consists of the female section (of the latch assembly) mounted to an angle bracket.

I'm going past the house later this afternoon. If somebody doesn't beat me to it I can get you whatever pics you need as I've got the motor and hatch both out/off the boat right now.That'd be great Don. With your motor out, it'll be easy for you to take pics of what I need. I need a pic looking at it from the top and from underneath. I'm just not sure if it should be mounted with the female section tight against the hatch opening (which will sit it at an angle) or mount it at an angle away from the edge of the hatch opening (so it sits straight vertically). Does that make any sense????
I also want a pic from below to see if I have to grind any glass away for the angle bracket. Seems to me I need to in order to make it mount properly.

zelatore
06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Your pictures, sir.

I have the actual latch removed, so the photos mostly show just the angle bracket. I held the latch up in it's position in the last photo for reference. As you can see, they did grind away part of the underside of the deck to mount the bracket. (and a fine job they did.:bonk:)

I left the pics full-res, so they're pretty big. Let me know if you need anything else - if it's before about 8:30-9:00 there should still be enough light to shoot specifics.

yeller
06-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks Don. Those are perfect.