PDA

View Full Version : The last Minx

VetteLT193
06-23-2009, 10:46 PM
SOLD. It was tough to see my Minx drive off today, but I think it found a good home.

Donzi Racer
06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Lordy mercy there is someone else on earth that writes a disertation while explaning a Donzi Boat! My one observation is What is the Price? I read the ad 3 times and did not see one but I could have missed it. I have been traveling and had 8 hours of sleep in 72 hours. As we all know that have seen the boat, it is wonderful. What is the performance like? Top speed range if you haven't opened it up yet, I understand. Just because I run everything I have like I just STOLE it is no reason for anybody to do that. I need to get in touch with your brother also about a Jet, tell him I have not forgotten him! Great looking Minx! Tom Jus Racin along!

VetteLT193
06-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Lordy mercy there is someone else on earth that writes a disertation while explaning a Donzi Boat! My one observation is What is the Price? I read the ad 3 times and did not see one but I could have missed it. I have been traveling and had 8 hours of sleep in 72 hours. As we all know that have seen the boat, it is wonderful. What is the performance like? Top speed range if you haven't opened it up yet, I understand. Just because I run everything I have like I just STOLE it is no reason for anybody to do that. I need to get in touch with your brother also about a Jet, tell him I have not forgotten him! Great looking Minx! Tom Jus Racin along!

Speed? I haven't GPS'ed it, but based on the prop and RPM Low 60's is reasonable. I usually don't run the boat hard because I've got the family on board but I have taken it out a few times alone or with the guys and it does really well.

VetteLT193
06-24-2009, 08:17 AM
There are pictures here: http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=49

and here: http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=83

The Donzi on the hull bottom/forward on each side are marine grade vinyl. They can be removed if you don't like the look.

gcarter
06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
The irony of this is incredible.:wink:
As you may know, there was a gentleman from CT. several years ago claiming to have the last Minx!
I know that in your case, it probably is, but it's still interesting.

Good luck selling it!

VetteLT193
06-24-2009, 12:25 PM
As you may know, there was a gentleman from CT. several years ago claiming to have the last Minx!

Good luck selling it!

I originally typed "the last minx that we know of" but it just didn't have the same ring.

But of course, since Donzi has zero records, another could pop up after mine. I'm ok with that. I don't personally care if it is the first, last, or in the middle... Makes for a good headline though :wink:

jimishooch
06-25-2009, 08:09 AM
you forgot it's a 25th anniversary minx............

VetteLT193
06-25-2009, 08:11 AM
you forgot it's a 25th anniversary minx............

Yes, it is a 25th anniversary edition.

VetteLT193
08-16-2009, 08:00 PM
My Minx headed out today for its new home. It was tough seeing it go... I wish the new owner the best.

jimishooch
08-17-2009, 09:03 AM
is it staying local? got to keep track of these 25th's............

HOWARD O
08-17-2009, 09:19 AM
A beautiful boat, you did such a great job with it. But never look back, you've got a REALLY nice ride now! :yes:

VetteLT193
08-17-2009, 10:13 AM
is it staying local? got to keep track of these 25th's............

I hear it's going to be re-done again... back to 25th specs. Hopefully the new owner will chime in here.

Donzi Racer
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I hear it's going to be re-done again... back to 25th specs. Hopefully the new owner will chime in here.

Couldn't be me, everyone thinks I am the evil buyer & seller of Donzi Boats. Oh yea I forgot it is only one or two that thinks that. The new owner will have a wonderful Donzi Minx Special Edition boat with coloring of the Special Edition vein but in a Shelby style. SO all your work was not in vane. Tom

joseph m. hahnl
08-21-2009, 06:25 PM

Good luck selling it!

Dam it, mine was the newest Minx till this one showed up:kingme:

Attached Fileshttp://www.donzi.net/forums/images/attach/wmv.gifdock fly bye 2.wmv (http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49228&d=1249846869) (3.00