PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake, TX folks

gcarter
06-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm goin' to my 45th:nilly: high school reunion on the weekend of August 15th.
Would any of you guys (and gals, although I'll be solo for this trip) like to get together for dinner on Friday the 14th?
It'd be fun to see some of you again Jefe and Scot, and meet so many of the others.
I grew up and worked in the area but left well over 20 years ago. I'm looking forward to visiting again.
Let's see what we can put together.

fegettes
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
George, since I am working in Baton Rouge and close enough to get home on occasional weekends I look for excuses to come back home. I'll plan to be there. Home is Dickinson. Did you graduate from Clear Lake?

Steve

gcarter
06-24-2009, 04:49 AM
George, since I am working in Baton Rouge and close enough to get home on occasional weekends I look for excuses to come back home. I'll plan to be there. Home is Dickinson. Did you graduate from Clear Lake?

Steve
No Steve, I graduated from Milby in Houston. I grew up just north of the Harris County line. My first real girlfriend lived in Pearland. I understand that's where Jefe lives.
But I worked @ NASA from the late '60's til the early '70's. I remember the area very well, although I may not completely recognize it today.
That would be good, I haven't seen you since Powel several years ago.

JimG
06-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Let's put something together! Jefe, Scot, Scott, Steve... Maybe we'll meet up at South Shore, and go grab some grub on the water somewhere...

Jim & Janet

Jraysray
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Sounds good update me as things firm up.

Team Jefe
06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm In. G give a shout as things get closer 713 825 2443 and we'll flange it up...

....oh a by the way, Pearland was a lifetime ago...I'm in Dickinson now too.

harbormaster
08-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I am in. Call me at the office 713-910-2000 or cell 713-898-0605.

I am in Clear lake.

harbormaster
08-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Jim G. Are taking the BIG boat to dinner? :yes:
I will kick in gas money.

JimG
08-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Sounds good to me, but I will NOT accept gas money...

gcarter
08-07-2009, 05:41 AM
This sounds like more and more fun!
One week from today.:wink:

fegettes
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
George, I know you have reunion plans. When is a good time to get together for you?

Steve

gcarter
08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
George, I know you have reunion plans. When is a good time to get together for you?

Steve

My reunion plans are on Saturday afternoon and evening, the 15th.
So Friday the 14th is perfect for me.

JimG
08-07-2009, 02:16 PM
How about an early evening cruise, then dinner at Sundance II? I'm open to suggestions...

fegettes
08-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Sounds good to me. We will come back in to town Thursday evening, and plan to have Friday available.

Steve and Melinda
281-728-1704

txtaz
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
George,

I'd be there if I could. My team is scheduled to start at 5am on the 15th for our second major push to production for Wells Fargo. We have to be there for any problems that may arise.

I'm sorry I will miss your trip and you know your are welcome here anytime.

BTW, Because of you, I had to go get a 60" DLP and redo our living room. Thanks.

Just kidding, I walked in Best buy and they had one so I re-thought our home theater(because I saw yours) and decided to save the Carver system for music only and do a separate home theater(Yamaha). Then I had to get a stand for it (I went with cherry), then it didn't match the other stuff, so I got stuff to match, then...

Well you know how it goes.

Have fun with the guys in Clear Lake. They are good people.

harbormaster
08-08-2009, 06:37 AM
sounds great everyone. I am in.

gcarter
08-08-2009, 07:10 AM
George,

BTW, Because of you, I had to go get a 60" DLP and redo our living room. Thanks.

Wes, you had to get a bigger one than me, didn't you?:wink:

Just kidding!:)

Guys this looks like a good time for everyone.
I'll be calling Jefe and Harbormaster Tuesday or Wednesday and see what's goin' on. I'll need directions 'cause ti's been awhile.
Maybe a map would be good too.
I want to go by Scot's shop Friday afternoon and see what he does to and with boats.

Team Jefe
08-09-2009, 08:32 AM
In all the way...Sundance II sounds good to me.

JimG
08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Let's get a head count, I'll make reservations. Let's get jraysray to go... and any other locals you can think of...

Jim

gcarter
08-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Uhhhh....."one" :wink:

Jraysray
08-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Count us in! Friday is on, Jim and Janet are so generous with this offer. Always enjoy the big Pace in action.

Someone make sure Steve and Melinda are coming along. Good time for them to meet the rest of the locals.

Anyone contact Chad VanDyke?

Let's get a head count, I'll make reservations. Let's get jraysray to go... and any other locals you can think of...

Jim

fegettes
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Okay I understand Sundance II is the place. What time?

This is what I see as a current head count. Any body else?
George Carter
Jim and Janet
Harbormaster (Kim?)
Jefe
Scott and Jeanette
Steve and Melinda

JimG
08-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I'll make the reservations at Sundance Grill II for 10 people at 7:00pm on Friday night. How about we meet at South Shore Harbour,(Pier 11, slip 44), at 5:30pm? If that's too early let me know. I figure we'll throw lines at 6:00pm or so and take a cruise around the lake before dinner. Sound OK?

Jim

gcarter
08-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I'll make the reservations at Sundance Grill II for 10 people at 7:00pm on Friday night. How about we meet at South Shore Harbour,(Pier 11, slip 44), Jim

I bet they built that since I lived there!! :confused:

Can someone post directions???
Like from NASA 1 and 146?
Or is some other location better?

JimG
08-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey George! If you are meeting us at the marina, here is the website. Maps and directions are included.

http://www.sshr.com/

I'll PM you my phone number...

Jim

gcarter
08-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the link Jim.
I can find that.

gcarter
08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
So, I'm sitting in the terminal in Orlando waiting for my flight.......another hour and 5 minutes. I get into Hobby on SW @ 11:30, get my bags and car to head to Victory Marine to have lunch w/Harbormaster and maybe Jefe
Got everyone's phone #'s in my phone.
I'm looking to have a good time.:yes:
I need a break.

harbormaster
08-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Well Jefe and I met up George at Victory Marine. After a quick tour, We headed out to "Cliftons" for a great lunch with great conversation.

We then we all met up at Jim and Janet Guidrys boat "Change of Underwear"(not really name!) and headed out. Lots of fun. I will let someelse give all the details. I had a very nice time. I believe there were 9 of us onboard. We spoke about putting something together for Labor day weeked.

gcarter
08-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I had an exellant time.
Harbormaster and Jefe are a lot to take all at once!:wink::nilly::yes::eek:
Lunch was a riot!
Jim G's very generous trip last night on his beautiful 36' Pace sportfish was a trip to remember. Jim and Janet's friendship is something to hold in high regard.
It was great seeing everyone again and meeting a coupl more.

JimG
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
What a great crew! You are all welcome on M/V Change of Panties any time!:biggrin:

Seriously, Janet and I had a wonderful evening. It had it all...Old friends, new friends, perfect weather and great food! Not to mention how nice it is to have experienced deck hands on board...:worthy:

George: Any time you feel the need for some Texas, the Pace is all yours. It makes a pretty decent hotel room. Can't beat the view!:yes:

For you locals: Scott/Jeanette, Steve/Melinda, Scot/Jefe (cute couple), why don't we do this more often? We are game!

Jim & Janet

Team Jefe
08-16-2009, 11:19 PM
As usual when I'm with a crowd of Donzifiles, I had a GREAT time...The generosity of the Guidry's is amazing, and I was happy to be 3rd Mate, 2nd Class onboard the "Change of T-back" with such a fine crew.

Jraysray
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM
For you locals: Scott/Jeanette, Steve/Melinda, Scot/Jefe (cute couple), why don't we do this more often? We are game!

Jim & Janet

Ditto! The Scot/Jefe thing is disturbing. Could you imagine what the kids would look like?!

George, Very interesting speaking with you. Nice to have had you home for a few.

Steve and Melinda, Enjoyed you two as well!

Jim/Janet, You guy's are the best, and I agree we need to do that again.

BTW, met a guy in a red/white 16 at Boondoggles. He lives in El Lago. Looks like we have another local. He just bought it 3 weeks ago.

jimishooch
08-18-2009, 08:36 AM
man, and i'm sitting up here on lake travis watching the water go down, waaaaaay down.

fegettes
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
:yes:

Jim & Janet

We agree.

We had a great time, good to see everyone. We are always looking for an excuse to come back home.

George, we really enjoyed our visit.

Steve and Melinda

Jraysray
08-18-2009, 02:22 PM
man, and i'm sitting up here on lake travis watching the water go down, waaaaaay down.

How far now?

jimishooch
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
How far now?

47' down and plunging. 50 year low so far.

gcarter
08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
When I met up w/Steve at Powell a few years ago, the water was down about 120'-150'......
It's come up a lot since then.
And so will the Texas lakes.

Jraysray
08-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Is your boat house beached?

47' down and plunging. 50 year low so far.

jimishooch
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Is your boat house beached?

pulled the dock out to deep water a little over 2 months ago. it's 2 miles down river moored against the south wall. i have access and 220v but can only get there by water so a 14' jon boat joined the family.
yes, the lake will come back, hopefully sooner than later.
the marina pulled out last week.