PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rtgogo and other Bama folks

The Hedgehog
06-19-2009, 07:05 AM
I was toying with the idea of bringing the 26ZX to Lake Martin. The Cathouse Marine guys told me that the Marine Police would probably not be happy with my pipes. I can throw the switchables on if necessary. I did a little more digging and learned that they are enforcing the 26 foot rule (mine is 26.5 feet). I learned that the marine police were out in full force this year and were enforcing all rules. I was told that I would probably be harassed in the 26. I heard that they were out like never before. Say it is not so. Is that what you have seen?

Man, I guess that good ole days of funneling beers and thong shows at Chiminea Rock are long gone.

rtgogo
06-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Events and scenery at the rock never change! haven't noticed the tube bein hoisted, but no doubt they are in force...As for the man...yep, gettin pretty thick, not so sure they'd give you a problem if you played nice in the heavy traffic areas. There are some large fast boats that have been grandfathered on the lake so you won't stick out too bad. I would suggest throwin the switchables on. I've screamed up on a patrol and muffled her once we made eye contact and they seem to be fine as long as you show the respect. You may have more of a problem on heavy traffic holidays since they seem to really be out to make a point when it's thick traffic.

So when ya plannin on gracing the lake?

The Hedgehog
06-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Events and scenery at the rock never change! haven't noticed the tube bein hoisted, but no doubt they are in force...As for the man...yep, gettin pretty thick, not so sure they'd give you a problem if you played nice in the heavy traffic areas. There are some large fast boats that have been grandfathered on the lake so you won't stick out too bad. I would suggest throwin the switchables on. I've screamed up on a patrol and muffled her once we made eye contact and they seem to be fine as long as you show the respect. You may have more of a problem on heavy traffic holidays since they seem to really be out to make a point when it's thick traffic.
So when ya plannin on gracing the lake?

I was thinking within the next six weeks. Not on the 4th though. I may bring the X if I don't have time to fool with the switchables.