PDA

View Full Version : Wish us Luck ... POKER RUN saturday

Lenny
06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Jeremy in his Scorp 18 :nilly: and me in my "?" X-18 :D

We will be the SMALLEST boats on the Ocean, bar none. We have a few 145+ mph Cats in our midst and all the players from Seattle/Washington and beyond. Probably 50-60 large boats, MTI, Nortech, Spectre, Cig, Nordic, Fountain etc...

I could care less about our "speeds" , just want some decent air and nice landings and 3 of a kind would kinda be nice too... :yes: :crossfing:

Saturday, 10pm start... :)

Probably about 160-200 miles round trip and two fills from full.

:D

http://vipr.ca/

Ghost
06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Good luck. Have fun, and give 'em hell.

fogducker III
06-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Your right Lenny, Deneen told us size doesn't matter..........:eek:

Only two more sleeps, this is gonna be a good one...........:yes:

I agree, who cares about the "big boys" we will kick ass on the "short-cuts"....:wink:

Give me a call tomorrow afternoon and we can set up a meet etc............take care.......Jeremy.

Lenny
06-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Your right Lenny, Deneen told us size doesn't matter..........:eek:

I hope you're insured :D :bonk:

fogducker III
06-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I hope you're insured :D :bonk:

Only for "stern" damage.............:wink:

BUIZILLA
06-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Saturday, 10pm start... :) ya got new battery's in that flashlight? :cool:

MOP
06-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Good luck and have a great time! Hope it is warm running with the big boys can be a pretty wet venture.

f_inscreenname
06-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Take food. You don't want to end up like Brownie stuck out on the water for 2 days with nothing to eat until a cargo ship pulled him back in. :kingme:

Good luck.

Lenny
06-20-2009, 06:20 PM
TOTAL cluster $uck... :yes: :( :( :( anyways, got the X running at about 10pm last night as the thing wouldn't start yesterday after running fine 3 weeks ago after sitting for 9 months :confused: . Texted Fogducker. Looked at the steering at 5:30 am this morning. Took it apart, tried to tighten up the forks on the VOLVO and greased her out, went upstairs and printed out my Registration form to go to the launch ramp and drivers meeting... geesh, which part is missing ???

aaahhh, liability insurance :bonk: Haven't used this boat since last August for my wedding and prior to that the liabilty insurance was in 2005... ( I have other boats) . Bought new + - cables, reterminated them last night, new deep cycle battery etc, ran her up at 10pm. The steering was SCARY, and as Owen called it a year ago, the "VOODOO boat" . I was gonna lie on this application and go anyway, but with the speeds and the players invloved, the $$$$$$ value of these boats I thought at about 7:30 am to bail on it. :(

There is soo much slop in the helmut that when it flies when she lands you get a HARD hook to the right that buries the bow and then "corrects" about 30 degrees and stands on its side. ( AT HALF THROTTLE) I changed out props last night and direction as it was not soo bad with a different prop. The ULTRA Right that I spun the hub on last August. Unfortunately the fella putting on the POKER RUN is my Mechanic for stuff hanging off the back. I re-installed the Ultra last night with a direction change.

Then I printed off the entry form, my eyes dropped, then remembered that I had never had any liability on this boat since 2005 when I blew up the original motor. Only the LE is covered and it is 75% Pro-charged... but not running...

With the above stated problems I could not consciously sign it and hand it to anyone... nor did I want to cause a "problem" out there.

Sorry Jeremy. :(

Hope you had fun.

Lenny
06-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Jeremy, I am going out tomorrow if it is not raining. Morning after a coat of paint in a reno. If you are out we will hook up. I am on my cell.

If we meet stay away from my port if we are flying... :yes: (direction change)

Again, Deneen and I are sorry... :(

fogducker III
06-21-2009, 09:25 AM
No problem Lenny, sorry to hear about your woes.........

Excellent run, not as many boats as I thought but still a good turn out. Titan and I tried to represent Donzi as best we could, did a pretty damn fine job IMHO................

Weather started out iffy but turned quickly into a perfect day! I had my older brother ride with me as co-pilot for his first Poker Run, I think he had fun, couldn't wipe the grin of his face all day...........:cool:

I will post some pics after my mor ning coffee for anybody interested........

fogducker III
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
We had just over 30 boats for this years run, all makes represented. Couple of big, fast cats from down south as well as some very fast mono hulls, some local, others from the mainland.

One of the Iliminator cats had twin V-10 Ilmors, VERY impressive and something we don't see often in this neck of the woods. A couple of break downs but nothing major other than a small cat with a Merc 300hp outboard putting a piston rod through the block........:eek::wrench:

Weather was with us, great food at the lunch stop on Thetis Island and even better food at the dinner at Boondocks in Sidney, all in all, a fantastic day!!!:yes:

PS. The large cruiser was one of the card boats, nothing like cruising in comfort!!!

Lenny
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
WOW, and as you know, we had "Guam" rain today between the Florida sun... I didn't go out, simply worked on two houses in town and renos'.

Wierd place and weather we are starting to see... :yes:

Glad you had fun. :)

My life is "starting" to suck after the last 17 years of business and I feel like I am a slave to the phone... no shortage of work, all I could ever want actually, but I just don't want to do it anymore. A happy customer, tells a friend and a friend etc, all goo goo eyed, whatever. I would rather be retreiving crab pots from the cottage or filling up the gas tank in the DONZI for the third time in a day, ... than doing this...

No fun anymore... :(