PDA

View Full Version : TRS part help....

HOWARD O
06-18-2009, 09:16 AM
I need a new bolt for the trim tab anode....the allen head of my bolt is all rounded out. I think I can get it out, but it won't be able to be used again. I've searched online, no dice. HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! :nilly:

Also, I am used to adjusting these, but manual says for power steering to line it up straight. Is that correct?

Thanks!

BigGrizzly
06-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Take it off, it will make no difference. Your drive is back far enough and it is long enough to take up any problems. Plus you have to drop the lower to get it out. I would just saw the tab off.

HOWARD O
06-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, okay Randy, I am headin' down there with the sawzall...... :yes:

HOWARD O
06-18-2009, 10:58 AM
The TAB, not the DRIVE..... :nilly: :nilly:
I have some of them thar bolts somewhere in my spares.. At home I think. If needed let me know, I'll dig one out and send it up thataway..

The tab is off angle about 30 degrees and I just wanted to straighten it, but if it really makes no nevermind, I'll just hack it off. And if it would stop drizzling, I'll test 'er out!

Thanks MP for the offer though! :yes:

MOP
06-18-2009, 11:54 AM
The newer drives have a flat plate, consider it modernization:nilly:

HOWARD O
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Hehe, well mine's a flat plate now too! Big surprise, my steering is MUCH more neutral now!

Thanks fellers...... :cool:

MOP
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
With power steering you really do not need the fin.

BigGrizzly
06-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Howard my steering felt like thqt too but I though i was just imagined it. Just think a sawall and you have a modern drive:yes:

HOWARD O
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Howard my steering felt like thqt too but I though i was just imagined it. Just think a sawall and you have a modern drive:yes:

Well, I knew all along that the tab was way off and should've been straightened up. It was most noticeable just idling along, the outdrive felt like it was hitting something submerged because it would cause it to sway back and forth. None of that anymore, I am hi-tech! :kingme: