PDA

View Full Version : Project Pictures

MasterKey89
06-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Well we got the boat reassembled today and I just couldn't help myself, I had to take her for a whirl! Here some pictures one from before and the rest from today, let me know what you all think!! :yes:
Before:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/mastrkey89/PICT0166.jpg

After:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/mastrkey89/newdonzi4.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/mastrkey89/newdonzi3.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/mastrkey89/newdonzi2.jpg

And there is still plenty of work to be done!!

HOWARD O
06-16-2009, 08:29 PM
That looks downright pretty good with an outboard. Beautiful color too, is that gel or paint? If it's paint, what was used? Love the red bootstripe, I might have to do that to mine very soon! Good call losing that searchlight too! Very nice! :yes:

How's the performance?

MasterKey89
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Haha, no I know it looks more like Georgia colors but im still all for the Crimson Tide, maybe I should slap a big A on either side lol. The black and white is all new gel coat, red is awlgrip, and white strip is auto pin stripping tape. As of today the trim tabs were not working, we threw a 3 blade 21 pitch prop on there and I got 60.8 gps at about 3/4 throttle. I didn't want to go to fast because at about 60 it got real uneasy felt like she was gonna flip so I pulled her back. I still have to put a 150 lb. fat sack in the hatch, but I'm still waiting on alot of parts, getting new carpet all new gauges, and a few odds and ends. We are hoping to enter it in the Abaco power boat races that's coming up toward the end of July so were shooting for 65+ with some tweaking.

CHACHI
06-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Good call losing that searchlight too! :yes:

Ditto!

Ken

HOWARD O
06-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Haha, no I know it looks more like Georgia colors but im still all for the Crimson Tide, maybe I should slap a big A on either side lol. The black and white is all new gel coat, red is awlgrip, and white strip is auto pin stripping tape. As of today the trim tabs were not working, we threw a 3 blade 21 pitch prop on there and I got 60.8 gps at about 3/4 throttle. I didn't want to go to fast because at about 60 it got real uneasy felt like she was gonna flip so I pulled her back. I still have to put a 150 lb. fat sack in the hatch, but I'm still waiting on alot of parts, getting new carpet all new gauges, and a few odds and ends. We are hoping to enter it in the Abaco power boat races that's coming up toward the end of July so were shooting for 65+ with some tweaking.

I bet you get mid '60's easy with it, very cool. Boy, you have LOTS of storage in there too! Looks great!

gold-n-rod
06-17-2009, 07:50 AM
I still have to put a 150 lb. fat sack in the hatch,

I'm pretty sure you're not referring to your wife, but WTF is a "fat sack?"

Nice looking boat, BTW!

zelatore
06-17-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm pretty sure you're not referring to your wife, but WTF is a "fat sack?"
Nice looking boat, BTW!

Ever wonder just how those wake board boats get that monster wake out of just 20-ish feet?

Simple, they have a ballast tank! Literally a flexible bag that they pump water into to make the boat squat even more.

That's a fat sack.

(personally, I find the idea goes against everything I know....kind like buying a Lotus and then bolting on steel wheels or an iron-block motor. <shudder> )

HIGH LIFE
06-18-2009, 05:40 PM
I just painted my MAGNUM sedan in the same colors. All we need now is a white circle with number 4 inside,Aronow's favorite number. What motor do you have,and lower unit ? What are the details re: races-course,boat size-classes-racing equipment? I just found 4 Merc 300X w/SM lower units, putting 2 on the MAGNUM, selling the other 2. Need 1,plus selling the Merc ProMax 300 I took off. HIGH LIFE

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Roll Tide!

Pismo
06-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Nice, what's the engine and where are you going to place the sack?

Ghost
06-18-2009, 06:33 PM
(personally, I find the idea goes against everything I know....kind like buying a Lotus and then bolting on steel wheels or an iron-block motor. <shudder> )

I'm with you. If it means bolting on a bow pulpit with a fuel tank on it, it's still gotta be better.

MasterKey89
06-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I was going to put the fat sack down in the hatch where the inboard used to be lots of room in there! lol. It is a Mercury 300 optimax and im not sure the lower unit. The race has two classes inboards and outboards. There are 4 or 5 90 degree turns with one long run, so my hopes are that we can beat the bigger faster boats in the tight turns becuase she handles great and has good acceleration as well. The race is just for fun though, it will be my first time participating so I've got a few thigns to learn between now and July 17th, but I'm looking forward to it!

HIGH LIFE
06-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Be sure your wearing a LIFELINE RACING life jacket and helmet with goggles !!! Good luck to you and your crew ! "HIGH LIFE"