PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned at the 2009 Dust Off

BigGrizzly
06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
You can fix a trailer with 2X4s and Duct tape.
If you limp and have a good looking wife everybody helps you unload and load the boat.
Jello is good especially orange.
Pearson's trailer and boat don't ever get dirty.
Mick and Parnell wrote the book on paint and design
Brian's work is better in real life then pictures.
Mick has ejection seats.
BravoI is in a tail spin and with good reason
Jello is good
Lady DI starts trouble
Lake George has weather control, it rains before and after the runs but not during them
Did I mention Jello is good.

glashole
06-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Before this weekend I had no idea how good I was at poker runs :)

don't get me wrong, you guys played a pretty good game I was just a little better at it

I took a picture of the plaque in case everyone didn't get a chance to see it on saturday night :pimp:

Good times

hot shot
06-17-2009, 08:34 AM
I had a blast and want to thank scott,totally stock, matty, air 22 and all who helped put on that fantastic weekend... It made missing the aoth a little less painful... to have my boat excepted like it was made it all worth it... thank all of you guys and i'm looking forward to next year and mabe the fall picnic.. Mick

Sweet Cheekz
06-17-2009, 09:15 AM
I learned again that you can have a great time at an event without finishing the run itself but damn I do really need to get one done!

Really fun group and beautiful lake Great boats too
Parnell

mattyboy
06-17-2009, 07:03 PM
things I learned at the dustoff

first a thank you

to Scott as always a great event

to Poodle, Ken Chachi, Kenny Lessard, John from Treasure Cove for their donations

to the Bravo Boys Dwight and Bob for all your help and guidance it wouldn't happen with out you two

to the staffs of the Algonquin and Treasure Cove

to George and Bonnie thanks for the grillin

to everyone who attended your support really keeps us going :)

antique-ing not just for girly men anymore

to the alien being who is in control of Pearson, you are welcome to stay as long as you like ,but what have you done with the real Pearson he would never let Matty drive or run the boat that way, the shorts and the laid back demeanor are a dead give away ;)

stock :wavey:

I really need to get to winnie

was great to meet all the new friends

was great to see all the old friends who now are like family

Hi my name is Matty I have a donzi addiction not nearly as bad as some namely Mick and Parnell WOW is all i got to say

I can shave in the reflection of air22's bilge

there is a new generation coming up that love the boats

Pearson you sure you are gonna be up ??

don't play poker with don " hold em fold em" nuebuer

hope all that attended had a good time and will return for the fall picnic in sept

chillin lakeside with everyone was great

i had a blast

Sweet Cheekz
06-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Really nice job Matty

Thanks to Scott for getting wet to help me change props

You guys made us feel welcome despite a less than conventional boat and no history with the club I am already working a couple of freinds to bring their boats with me next year Hope everyone has a great summer
Parnell

BigGrizzly
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't want to break this to you, but we were all waiting for you to show up. You have been part of the group since your first post. Silly Boy:yes::yes:

I still can't believe the fun I had. I met up with an old friend and had fun with the Donzi people. Life is good. now my Criterion engine is in the garage waiting to be dropped in and tested. In order to have more fun I would have to be twins. I even came home with 3 awards. Somebody up there likes me.

DON N.
06-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Much thanks to matty ,bob ,dwight & pearson for a good time
plus the dr. Dan fly by's , micks awesome boat . And john @ treasure cove for giving us a good time . Also looks like cliff will be hard to shake . Good talking to "griz " randy about the old drag cars , when we grew up.

BigGrizzly
06-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Don, I don't know about the rest of the people there but you and I havn't grown up yet and do not foresee that in the near future either:yes::yes: