PDA

View Full Version : New to me 22Zx and HydroHoist Setup

LuauLounge
06-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Hello all..
I just picked up a 1998 22Zx, repowered in 2002 w/ a 496 HO.
We are in the Sacramento Delta and have a HydroHoist. I believe I am going to have to change the bunks and I wondered if anyone has an idea on how to fit the stepped hull.

Thanks in advance

The Hedgehog
06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Hello all..
We are in the Sacramento Delta and have a HydroHoist. I believe I am going to have to change the bunks and I wondered if anyone has an idea on how to fit the stepped hull.

Thanks in advance

I stepped my 26ZX bunks down with pressure treated 2x6's and layed down marine carpet. The boat and the lift seem very happy with that setup.

zelatore
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Hello all..

Thanks in advance

Sacramento Delta? Sacramento Delta!!

Where in the Delta?

Although we have a few registry members in CA, I think I'm the only other guy in the delta. I'm in Walnut Grove. Since I have a classic (with the engine sitting out of the boat at the moment) I don't know if I can be of much help with the hydrohoist but hey, I'm pumped to see anybody else from this area show up.

LuauLounge
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
We live in Sacramento, but have a place at Korth's Pirate Lair on the Delta Loop

zelatore
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Korth's is a great place. Although I'll be in the Carver instead of the Donzi, maybe we'll see you at Mandeville next week. Our raft-up should be easy to spot since I think we're bringing both a 72 and a 50 Marquis as company boats this year.

Although I haven't done it this year since I've been playing with upgrades/mods, one of our regular runs is up to Old Town.

WHEN (not if) I finally sort out my blower issues and get the Donzi back on the water we'll have to get together one day.

LuauLounge
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
I agree.. We have been river rats for the last 35 years. We went from boats to bigger boats to JetSkis to bigger boats to bigger boats to another ski to another boat. It's the 19,21,8&8,26,47,10,22 trail. The funny thing is we took a 10 year rest, missed the heck out of the Delta, so we did this analysis of what we enjoyed and what we didn't. We love the Delta atmosphere, restaurants, bars, laid back lifestyle, but we didn't miss the hassles of a big boat. So, we bought a place in the heart of the Delta, and we figured all we needed was some water transport. SeaDoo came out with this great "restaurant runner" full suspension and 255HP. How could I go wrong??? Bought it the first weekend of May and then ran across the Donzi in June. Never a dull moment.