PDA

View Full Version : Alright ZX lovers, opportunity time

The Hedgehog
06-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Tex is leaving the country for a while. It is tough being Tex (actually it probably is).

He has had a great run with the ZX for many years but has his eye on a really cool project. I would love to do this one too. BADLY. That means that he will probably be selling the ZX. As one that happens to know a thing or two about the ZX, I will say that you can't come close to duplicating his work at the price this boat will go. This is a pretty special boat. It is a light layup and is one of the first out of the mold. It can be detuned and you will be hard pressed to turn the numbers he has seen. Grizz likened it to a 27ZX Daytona. I doubt that you will find a more dialed in 27ZX twin step in the country.

For those that don't know, the 27ZX later became the 28ZX and is the same size. The 27ZX is the only hull that Donzi has campaigned in F-1 racing.

Just for the record, I am staying with my ZX. I spent a bunch of time and money on it. I love it and plan to get some more good use out of it.

VetteLT193
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Where ya going Tex??? Is the family going with you?

The Hedgehog
06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Where ya going Tex??? Is the family going with you?

He is gone. He has fam with him. Heading to the Cayman's for some R&R.

It is a great family boat. I have spent many a family day in this boat and then we went out later and dusted off a few Fountains after the family was safe and sound at the dock.

Last Real Texan
06-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman.... I need some time off for rum and cane sugar cocktails. Posting via wifi on the plane... Nice service and superfast.

Yep the boat is going up on the block soon. :popcorn:I have a dandy of a project going on in my head .....

BUIZILLA
06-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I have TON'S of connections in Cayman.... in fact i'm on the phone with them right now... :pimp:

BigGrizzly
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I go away for one day and look what happens.

The Hedgehog
06-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I go away for one day and look what happens.

Crazy isn't it. Gets something dialed in just right and it is time to move on.

I think he has had this boat for 6 years which is pretty good for him.

It was about time. He could use a project. I like his main idea. It will be sick and done with class. I somehow think you will be in the loop. Wait, I am pretty sure that he will need you to be in the loop.:wink:

Donziweasel
06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Spoke to him yesterday. I must say his new project is pretty cool, if he can pull it off. Going to have to find a candidate in good shape, and that is half the battle. I think he said he might have a line on one though. The other half is going to take patience, creative engineering and $$$$$.

Knowing Tex, if anyone can pull it off, he can.......