PDA

View Full Version : Got a little something brewing for AOTH

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I will be coming back next year to lay the smackdown.

DonziVol and I got this up to 1.5mph on the GPS

Donzi Vol
06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
LOL! I'll bring the umbrella and ukulele.

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL! I'll bring the umbrella and ukulele.

I am VERY glad that there was no pic of that!

The guys at the dock were still whistling at me and blowing kisses today.:shark:

MOP
06-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I have a non drop A drive that should bolt out back!!!!

mk32j
06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Is that a pre 1964 Don A design????????

Carl C
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
The trailer is totally insufficient and dangerous. :nilly:

Ghost
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
From the faux lapstrake and bow form, it looks like one of the early 3-Meters to me.

Last Real Texan
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Thinking I may have to bust this out for it.......I had on as a kid, it was 8 ' and I had a 35 Hp Johnson on it....what a hoot

tex

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
The trailer is totally insufficient and dangerous. :nilly:

Yes, I am thinking about moving up to a triple axel. Do you think it needs hydraulic steering?:popcorn:

Ghost
06-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Thinking I may have to bust this out for it.......I had on as a kid, it was 8 ' and I had a 35 Hp Johnson on it....what a hoot

tex

This picture only reinforces my natural fear of clowns.

Last Real Texan
06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
This picture only reinforces my natural fear of clowns.
Clownless

roadtrip se
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Wait until we tell everyone that one leg of the AOTH Fun Run will be paced by the "pee-wee class".... That'll get them.

Ghost
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Clownless

Ahh, thank you. Much better.

BTW, is it just me, or is that setup what you'd call an extremely raised X?

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Ahh, thank you. Much better.

BTW, is it just me, or is that setup what you'd call an extremely raised X?

Yeah, I need some of those go devil pics.

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I was thinking about one of these drives. Might not be able to run with the real blackhawks but the pee wee blackhawk should be a crowd pleaser. Over powered and rediculous. My kind of boat

Donzi Vol
06-15-2009, 11:04 PM
I am VERY glad that there was no pic of that!

The guys at the dock were still whistling at me and blowing kisses today.:shark:

I'm surprised that no one told you to quit playing with your dingy.

Carl C
06-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Yes, I am thinking about moving up to a triple axel. Do you think it needs hydraulic steering?:popcorn:

No steering but for sure a third axle and surge brakes on all six wheels. That's a lot of boat your haulin' around there bubba.........

gero1
06-17-2009, 06:47 AM
hh, i love that out drive!!!!!!! i think the moter needs those old time mega phone exhaust

The Hedgehog
06-17-2009, 09:20 AM
hh, i love that out drive!!!!!!! i think the moter needs those old time mega phone exhaust

Poor man's Blackhawk! and it will do well in the logs at Cumberland.

Donzi Vol
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Hedge, just don't forget the dingy davits...

zelatore
06-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh, it's on! I just placed a little order with onlineoutboards.com

Bring it!

The Hedgehog
06-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh, it's on! I just placed a little order with onlineoutboards.com
Bring it!

I will bring it.

On a serious note, what do you like in dingys

zelatore
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I will bring it.

Depends.

If I'm selling it to one of our yacht buyers, I think Achilles is one of the better made RIBs, but I sell more Caribes with Hondas than anything for bigger (11-13') full console style boats.

When it comes to basic open dinghies, price is usually the leading consideration so I sell a variety of things. But I do always try to push RIBs over roll-up boats or 'glass boats. They're not cheap, but they work really well as a tender. Super-stable, and they don't scratch the mothership! I've had a couple guys run 'glass dinks but they are usually a hassle to deal with. Heck, I've still got a 12' Boss boat sitting here that a guy swapped for a 12' RIB after one season. (I've been eyeing the 40 hp Yamaha on the back...)

I do much prefer Hypalon over PVC. I just took two tubes from traded dinghies in for repair. Both were about 10-15 years old. The Zodiac (PVC) is totally shot - the fabric is just giving up. The Rendova (hypalon) is ugly and needs a couple patches, but should have another 10 years in it.

As for my own dinks, I usually go with whatever I can get cheap :wink:

I had a light-weight aluminum hulled 10' AquaPro. I think I paid a grand for it about 5 years ago used. Only about 100 lbs. That was good, because I had it on snap davits. Since it got pinched, I just made a deal to buy a client's take-off Novurania 320TR and St. Croix davit system for $1250, and I ordered a 20 hp Tohatsu 4-stroke from the link above with no shipping costs for $2469 new. The outfit is actually going to be a little too big for my 32 Carver...when I made the deal with my client for the boat I told him it was actually going to cost me about $300K since I'll have to buy a bigger boat to carry it. :wink:

Donzi Vol
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I will bring it.

Sorry...difficult to take that seriously. Haha

zelatore
06-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Sorry...difficult to take that seriously. Haha

Laugh it up while you can......pretty soon you'll join the cruiser crowd and sit around sipping drinks with umbrellas while discussing dinghies...:wink:

Donzi Vol
06-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Laugh it up while you can......pretty soon you'll join the cruiser crowd and sit around sipping drinks with umbrellas while discussing dinghies...:wink:

Let's hope so! :yes:

The Hedgehog
06-17-2009, 09:23 PM

Oh he is so done.:wink:

When he shows up at Hale's Bar with a hottie for Hedgehog's deluxe Chattanooga tour, he will be at the bank the next day.:pimp:

If he has not already gone!

Last Real Texan
06-18-2009, 08:16 AM
I will bring it.
Ribs or ribbed for her pleasure.... If your dingy is really dingy

Tex

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
you guys are confusing...

is it dingy or is it dinghy? :popcorn:

Last Real Texan
06-18-2009, 09:18 AM

Dinghy or dingy 60 weight 70 weight....whatever it takes.....

Tex withouut a dingy or dinghy

Tex

zelatore
06-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Sorry, gotta be a member of the clique to find out....

Next you'll ask us to tell you our secret handshake!
:lookaroun:

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Next you'll ask us to tell you our secret handshake! :lookaroun: nope, if it's a dingy, i'm NOT going there... :eek:

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
nope, if it's a dingy, i'm NOT going there... :eek:

There is a difference. Dinghy is kind of like bragging. :yes: Kind of like when one says "give me the ones in the black box" vs "give me the Magnums" in front of the whole store. Thus dingy is more of a sandbagging approach. Gets back to the whole spirit of the thread. Got to be part of the inner circle to know. As an accused sandbagger I figure that you will understand.

Ghost
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Lady Astor: "Mr. Churchill, you're dingy!"

Winston Churchill: "Yes, and you, Madam, are dinghy. But tomorrow, I shall be clean."

(or something like that...)

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Thus dingy is more of a sandbagging approach. Gets back to the whole spirit of the thread. Got to be part of the inner circle to know. As an accused sandbagger I figure that you will understand. I would have to change my previous life nick back to *hoserack* to be in your clique.... might be worth it... :pimp:

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I would have to change my previous life nick back to *hoserack* to be in your clique.... might be worth it... :pimp:

Buiz: It is a good clique. Sounds like you may have been there.

Ghost: The next step up from that is a "Tender." Lots of meanings from that exact spelling. You can get into my "Dinghy is really a tender" or "My dingy is really tender." :pimp:

Now if someone could only show me how to use multiple quotes.

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I need more legal tender so I can actually need a real tender. Hmmm:nilly:

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I need more legal tender so I can actually need a real tender. Hmmm:nilly: there's your new sig line... :yes:

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
there's your new sig line... :yes:

Good call

Ghost
06-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Buiz: It is a good clique. Sounds like you may have been there.

Ghost: The next step up from that is a "Tender." Lots of meanings from that exact spelling. You can get into my "Dinghy is really a tender" or "My dingy is really tender." :pimp:

Now if someone could only show me how to use multiple quotes.

LOL, good point. Tex's RIB works in there too. Now, what can I do with an inflatable? <blink...blink>

BTW, multi quotes are easy once you know. Used to drive me nuts til someone showed me.

The button to the right of the "QUOTE" button is the multiquote. Click it on a message you want to include in a multiquote and it will light up orange. Click another you want and it TOO will light up orange. When you have all you want lit up, click "Post Reply" down at the bottom of the page and they'll all be there.

Also, if you want to quote someone inside of someone else's quote (nested quotes), you can use the little icon next to "insert image." It looks like a text bubble with a cartoon character speaking. There may be an even better way, where you don't need to cut and paste of the text itself, but this at least gets it done.

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
nope, if it's a dingy, i'm NOT going there... :eek:

Lady Astor: "Mr. Churchill, you're dingy!"

Winston Churchill: "Yes, and you, Madam, are dinghy. But tomorrow, I shall be clean."

(or something like that...)

Something like this

Ghost
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
LOL, Poodle, another great signature. Speaking of which...

˙ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Went by the dyno today to see how the motor for the "Dingy" was coming.

Nice clean pulls. Stayed away from the fancy stuff for this project. Went for meat and potatos

CJmike
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Where ya gonna sit with that motor?

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Where ya gonna sit with that motor?

Little project in the skunkworks of the Sanchez Brother's Racing Team.

Hmm, did I say one? I guess that I am not used to talking about twins yet.:pimp:

The Hedgehog
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
For the record, that is not my engine. It is a 540 that Eddie made from some extra stuff. He made two of them. The big blower looks pretty important but it only makes 750 hp. That is not all bad thought. It idles like a 500 hp.

I still like the looks of a big roots blower.

zelatore
06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I hear a big blower makes you a big deal. But I'm not in that clique, so what do I know?

Last Real Texan
06-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Little project in the skunkworks of the Sanchez Brother's Racing Team.
Hmm, did I say one? I guess that I am not used to talking about twins yet.:pimp:

Shhhhhhhhhhh you said twins .... No no no no no you know I am big single guy .... Not that there is any thing wrong with twins ..... Or is there ...... Hmmm 650 a side should get it done.... Did I mention I am going to Mt. pleasant south Carolina when I return .... Lots of calls to he west coast as well... This thing is going to rock! Lots for work but will be the tits when done 1200 Hp single or 1300 in twins , decisions decisions...
Tex

The Hedgehog
06-19-2009, 06:31 AM
I hear a big blower makes you a big deal. But I'm not in that clique, so what do I know?

Huge deal. Nothing like having a little wine to go with some thundering pipes.

The Hedgehog
06-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhh you said twins .... No no no no no you know I am big single guy .... Not that there is any thing wrong with twins ..... Or is there ...... Hmmm 650 a side should get it done.... Did I mention I am going to Mt. pleasant south Carolina when I return .... Lots of calls to he west coast as well... This thing is going to rock! Lots for work but will be the tits when done 1200 Hp single or 1300 in twins , decisions decisions...
Tex

Either way you will need two drives. I guess that you could do a reverse split into one #6. Boy, that would be an abomination.

The bigger question is: Bravo's or Arnesons