PDA

View Full Version : LOTO SHOOTOUT "Time to put up or shut up!!"

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 09:40 AM
OK...Hedge Hog...Tex...Mr.X.... Catch 22.... Flower Pot and the other over 90 gang boats.......who is going to the LOTO SHOOTOUT? It is time for the over 90 guys to let it all hang out!

We need to represent the little Donzi boats this year. We can't have Baja winning the 20-24 ft class and so on.

Is anyone interested in going and competing this year?

BUIZILLA
06-14-2009, 09:44 AM
We can't have Baja winning the 20-24 ft class and so on.
I thought you, Tex, and Hedgy are over 25'..

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 09:48 AM
We are all still fast enough to win the next class up. Last year a Baja won the 20-24 going like 63 mph. We need Mr' X or the flower pot to lay the smack down on that. I think that hedge Tex and I are going to have to run high 80s to win the class that we would be in.

My boat is 24'4" so I am not sure where I would fall.:wink:

Last Real Texan
06-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Already going.... I am competing in the under 15 foot class with my 15 foot Whaler Supersport with a 115 4 stroke...Don't laugh it runs 64 MPH until it gets squirley...I have more throttle left...I think it will run 70...:crossfing:

Tex

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Already going.... I am competing in the under 15 foot class with my 15 foot Whaler Supersport with a 115 4 stroke...Don't laugh it runs 64 MPH until it gets squirley...I have more throttle left...I think it will run 70...:crossfing:

Tex

Come on!!! Are you taking the ZX or not?

BUIZILLA
06-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Tex you do understand that pic's are required at this point... :yes:

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 09:59 AM
you do understand that pic's are required at this point... :yes:

ditto

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 10:27 AM
No luck guys!! I just went through the registration form and they changed the classes. The smallest class is 22' to 26'. Hedge Hog I guess that we will be in the same class.:yes: Since Tex can't bring his Whaler now..... I guess he will be in the class above us in the 27' to 31' class. :wink:

Last Real Texan
06-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Busted on the whaler thing quickly...sounds good though doesnt it...

On a side note with the ZX I have nothing to prove......I know it's fast and I enjoy it.

Tex

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Here is the link to register if you change your mind.

You don't have to prove anything..you just have to have a good time!! :biggrin.::biggrin.:

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/index.html

The Hedgehog
06-14-2009, 04:07 PM
That sucks, I was going to enter my WaterTender 9.4. It has oars right now but I was thinking about moving up to a MinnKota. I am actually looking for a shorty for the MinnKota right now.

Ask DonziVol about the WaterTender. I think that he is considering abandoning his Triple Hatch project for one.:shocking:

I will post a pic later.

zelatore
06-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Crap. Some low-life pinched my 10' Aquapro and 15 hp Merc 2-stroke. Now I know why - since it was an ultra-light aluminum hull, clearly they were aiming to keep me from entering!

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 05:22 PM
You guys are killing me!!!:kingme: It is time to step up and represent the little Donzi guy and you guys just make jokes!! It is time to step up to the plate!! What do you say??? Are you in??

Maybe Mr. X:superman: will chime in! Or out local gardener:shark:!

The Hedgehog
06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Crap. Some low-life pinched my 10' Aquapro and 15 hp Merc 2-stroke. Now I know why - since it was an ultra-light aluminum hull, clearly they were aiming to keep me from entering!

Yeah, I know what you mean. That is too bad about the tender.

The water tender weighs about 70 lbs. I could run the show with that 15.

Maybe I should look at a GoDevil surface drive. Hmmm

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Maybe CDMA will have his 22 with the ARNIE ready by then.....we will all have to look out if that is the case!!:eek:

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 05:37 PM
BTW....this is not a dingy...tender...whaler or anything like that thread. This is a thread for high performance boats and people that have modified their DONZI to go FAST! Not for tinker toys!!!

:popcorn:

The Hedgehog
06-14-2009, 05:47 PM
BTW....this is not a dingy...tender...whaler or anything like that thread. This is a thread for high performance boats and people that have modified their boats to go fast! Not for tinker toys!!!

:popcorn:

Ok, so I drive a tender on occasion. I actually drove it for the first time today and it was not pretty. Is there any reason it can not be fast?
I may go to LOTO. Mainly for the party. If I am feeling sporty I may enter the ZX but only for glggles.
BTX, I need to pressure wash the bottom of the cruiser. I have lost a few mph due to algea growth.
How funny would it be to drop in a couple of 525's when it is time to replace the crusaders? Think about it:popcorn:

Last Real Texan
06-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Here is the link to register if you change your mind.

You don't have to prove anything..you just have to have a good time!! :biggrin.::biggrin.:

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/index.html

Sooooo did you register?

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry that it took me a second to get back to you guys...I have been watching the "my" Orlando Magic get ready to go down in flames......

Hell YES!!!!:yes: I am going to put my money where my mouth is..... Why wouldn't I go? I am going to call tomorrow and register. I think that I am in the V-hull Power adder 22-26 class but I want to make sure that I sign up for the right class.

I was hoping that some of the other guys that have these rocket ships would want to join me in laying the smack down on some BAJA and FOUNTAINS and VELOCITYs.

If my new tabs do what a lot of smart boat racing people think that they will I will be able to raise my rev limiter which I have not gotten close to yet and I hope to hit 110 mph this time on my off days. That new prop really felt great last time out and I am expecting great things!! Mark Boos is going to run the boat this week and I can't wait to see what he can do with it! (Bryan) Don't be calling over to Kenner to get any intel!!!

I know that Mr. X can do a few tweaks and get that 22 in that ball park! I hope that he will join me. My boys are falling out like flies!!:angel: Where is that stir the pot emoticon???

roadtrip se
06-14-2009, 08:30 PM
a couple of times, on the trailer coming up I-75.

SB, while I appreciate your desire to throw down the gambit and show the world what we can do with these small Donzis, I don't think you will get many takers.

Why? Most of us don't really care about this stuff. Yes, there is going to be a certain amount of trash talk, but what makes it fun and interesting, is that we know each other, we have run with each other, and we are looking to do it again shortly at an event.

I am planning on Eufala and the Cig 20 run coming up in a few months. I would have really, really liked to have been at Lake George this weekend, but it was not met to be this year.

We build these boats to enjoy the community, not to show off at a speed run.

Good enough for me.

BUIZILLA
06-14-2009, 08:32 PM
that's like building a 800hp dragster and taking it to a local car show... :rolleyes:

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 08:39 PM
a couple of times, on the trailer coming up I-75.

SB, while I appreciate your desire to throw down the gambit and show the world what we can do with these small Donzis, I don't think you will get many takers.

Why? Most of us don't really care about this stuff. Yes, there is going to be a certain amount of trash talk, but what makes it fun and interesting, is that we know each other, we have run with each other, and we are looking to do it again shortly at an event.

I am planning on Eufala and the Cig 20 run coming up in a few months. I would have really, really liked to have been at Lake George this weekend, but it was not met to be this year.

We build these boats to enjoy the community, not to show off at a speed run.

Good enough for me.

It is not showing off if you can do what you say you can do...Just kidding....Todd ..I know what you mean ...I just think that you will not end up with a 80 mph boat when you get it done. I know that you do things up right. I know that no one here has anything to prove but I also know what it takes to get a boat into the 90 or triple digits. I can't believe that anyone is going to do that kind of work that does not enjoy going fast. I am not calling anyone out here so please no one take offense. I am just trying to get some people to go with me to this event. No one will be proving anything..there will people with boats that can go 60 to 70 mph faster than any of us.

Also..when I say little Donzi..I am including myself. I am just saying that we are not in 38 comp or any of those big go fast boats.

roadtrip se
06-14-2009, 08:39 PM
that's like building a 800hp dragster and taking it to a local car show... :rolleyes:

but the difference would be that I am not the only one showing up at the local car show with the 800HP dragster. Several others will be there with similar rigs and some with maybe even more horespower, they are going to lie about what they really are capable of, and we are going to take them to the track after the show is over, and have a ball running them...

BUIZILLA
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
but the difference would be that I am not the only one showing up at the local car show with the 800HP dragster. Several others will be there with similar rigs and some with maybe even more horespower, they are going to lie about what they really are capable of, and we are going to take them to the track after the show is over, and have a ball running them... :kingme: :yes: :party: :boat:

fogducker III
06-14-2009, 08:49 PM

I hate to say it, but I agree.........:wink:

I am no-where in the ball park as most of you guys but what I have done to my boat I show who ever is there to watch........:yes: I run it hard, and at times as fast as it will go, and enjoy "spanking" some of the local boats....:lookaroun:

Not much point having a fast boat if you don't use it, I did not say "abuse" it, just use it........and run it like it was built to be run.

I do not get people who buy and/or build fast cars, boats, bikes etc. and then have them sit in a heated warehouse until they die..........:frown:

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 08:49 PM
The radar doesn't lie...thanks Jim...just substitute drag strip for car show and that is what I was thinking. I have always raced and there are several here that race and have raced. I don't think that it is bad to race. When Grizz raced his motorcycle did he try to win and go fast? When Jim raced his Buick did he try to win?? Did that make him a bad person? This is a safe venue that puts everyone on equal ground and lets them show what they really have. It is not to show off it is to compete to the best of your ability and be able to say that you backed up the talk. I am not bragging...If I did not want to go fast ...I could have saved myself a lot of money. I have gone through hell with my boat...I have sacrificed to get where I am...I might get my ass handed to me but I think that it will be fun to go make those runs!

zelatore
06-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. That is too bad about the tender.
The water tender weighs about 70 lbs. I could run the show with that 15.
Maybe I should look at a GoDevil surface drive. Hmmm

You know, I'm kinda partial to the MudBuddy myself.

roadtrip se
06-15-2009, 06:53 AM
SB and Foggy.

If you don't think there is some good-natured competition going on at one of our events, you haven't been to one of our... oh that's right you haven't been.

It's there, trust me, but just part of the deal, not ALL of the deal.

Several "800HP" car show, trailer queen types show up every year at AOTH, and funny thing, we always seem to know what they will do by the end of the weekend...

Wish you luck, if you do enter the Shoot Out!

mattyboy
06-15-2009, 07:13 AM
umm lake george has a car show with about 10,000 800hp dragsters done up trailer queens the same weekend we have our fall picnic so we bring our trailer queens up too and we all sit in the parking lot watching grass grow thru the cracks in the black top :rolleyes:

SilverBack
06-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Easy fellows..... I am not taking anything away from AOTH or LGDO....If I could have gone to AOTH I would have. AOTH is one weekend a year and this is at a different time. We really want to go to Lake Powell but that is a long way and nearly impossible to get planned out with everything going on.

Anyway...I am going...I felt like there may be some others that would like to go and participate and I know that some of the board members go and spectate. If anyone does not want to go or thinks that it is not as good as or has anything to do with the Donzi events...I respect their point of view.

fogducker III
06-15-2009, 09:46 AM
SB and Foggy.

If you don't think there is some good-natured competition going on at one of our events, you haven't been to one of our... oh that's right you haven't been.

It's there, trust me, but just part of the deal, not ALL of the deal.

Several "800HP" car show, trailer queen types show up every year at AOTH, and funny thing, we always seem to know what they will do by the end of the weekend...

Wish you luck, if you do enter the Shoot Out!

I don't believe I said there was no "Friendly Rivalry", and I was not refering to any "Donzi" events...........I was just stating a belief I have....:wink:

I attempted to attend one of "your" events but "your" border guards had different ideas................:frown:

boxy
06-15-2009, 10:00 AM
There's been a whole lot of discussion about an event that's 1 mile long.....
I thought these boats were born on 188th Street, not the infield at Daytona.
Hell a 4x8 sheet of plywood can be made to run fast in a straight line on a flat lake.
Keith, I think the problem that sometimes crops up is an enviromental one. You want to run faster than the boats on your lake, and it took a whole lot of HP to do that with your hull. Where a lot of these boats live, it doesn`t take gobs of HP to be the fastest guy when the surface kicks up. Take a look at Jeremy`s pictures from this weekend, there was some boats there that I`m sure would have walked all over him on a flat lake, but I`m pretty sure once it got choppy he suprised quite a few people.

SilverBack
06-15-2009, 10:07 AM
I did look at his pictures...they were great!! I guess that some like moto cross more than drag racing. I know that I will take drag racing over Nascar any day. This is not really a race to me though. This is more like the salt flats. You only race one at a time and you are racing the radar not someone else. It does show you what you have been able to do with your boat and that you can do it at will at an event when it is your turn to run. I bet my boat will run pretty good in some rough stuff too. It may be rough that day at LOTO. I have no idea. It very well may be that it could be choppy and I may not be able to run over 90. I have no idea. That is what makes it interesting.

SilverBack
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Boxy...I thought that 188th street was THUNDER BOAT ROW....not pop gun ally!!

boxy
06-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Boxy...I thought that 188th street was THUNDER BOAT ROW....not pop gun ally!!

Keith, It was ThunderBoat Row, but they didn`t run on golf course water hazards ... :D :D
With your horsepower, and your hull, your boat would dominate on a rough lake, but I`d bet I could take a different hull, half the money, half the HP and spank you on your home lake.

SilverBack
06-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Keith, It was ThunderBoat Row, but they didn`t run on golf course water hazards ... :D :D
With your horsepower, and your hull, your boat would dominate on a rough lake, but I`d bet I could take a different hull, half the money, half the HP and spank you on your home lake.

True!! I could too....!! I am hoping to venture to different waters though. I am going to be running at Tick Faw a lot and if I get the courage to run in salt I will be going to Destin a good bit with it and Pensacola and Lake Pontchartrain too. If it is this much fun spanking bass boats that are used to picking on 60 mph boats like mine just think about how much fun it will be to run with some fountains and big twin engine boats when it is not too rough for me to keep up. No..sadly I will never be the fastest. I know that..I am just trying to have some fun!! There are too many 40 ft skaters with 1250 hp x 2 in the engine compartment that can run up over 160 mph to get into that. I could not even pay thier travel expenses so I am happy doing what I am doing. :wink:

19donziz29
06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I will be at the Shootout, I go every year. If I would have run my z29 last year, believe it or not I would have one for that class. I think 62 took it, freakin Baja's. If I have my prop situation figured out by then I may run. I have some friends that run some big boats down there, and it's a blast to watch. Plus when you run you got a heli chasing you taking video, who wouldn't want that? Also been talking to my dad (Trueser), we'll see about getting his 28 down there. If you've never been there it's amazing. Honestly over the last 2 years I've only seen a couple Donzi's run, it would be nice to see more!

Matt

SilverBack
06-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I will be at the Shootout, I go every year. If I would have run my z29 last year, believe it or not I would have one for that class. I think 62 took it, freakin Baja's. If I have my prop situation figured out by then I may run. I have some friends that run some big boats down there, and it's a blast to watch. Plus when you run you got a heli chasing you taking video, who wouldn't want that? Also been talking to my dad (Trueser), we'll see about getting his 28 down there. If you've never been there it's amazing. Honestly over the last 2 years I've only seen a couple Donzi's run, it would be nice to see more!

Matt

FINALLY!!! Some support! Thanks Matt....I look forward to seeing you there. Tell your dad he has to come this year....!!

Matt..I think that Craig Barrie won the factory class in a Donzi last year also!!

Z-Man
06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm always there with Matt as well! We will cheer you on!

osur866
06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
I will be there also, been going for the last 10 years, although they wont allow me to enter in my 18 I will be cruising the in field, this is a must attend event as AOTH as become. Would love to see a few 22 c's attend and kick some baja butt :wink:. Steve Oh a side note the poker run on I think thur or friday morning is Killer to run in, in an 18 with the BIG Boys :yes: Got many looks and several thumbs up from the passer by's.

19donziz29
06-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah the Poker run is a blast. I ran it the first year they started it which was 2 years ago. I paid for both days, so I was able to collect cards from both days. I came in at the end with 4 aces with a King kicker! However I didn't win. The guy running it claimed he didn't know much about poker, but had set a rule that since I had 2 ace of hearts that it's not a true poker hand. I argued what do you expect when you have over 100 decks of cards in play! Hopefully he has learned by now, or someone else is running it! There were several of us that had these same issues. That couple grand woulda been nice...

Ghost
06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah the Poker run is a blast. I ran it the first year they started it which was 2 years ago. I paid for both days, so I was able to collect cards from both days. I came in at the end with 4 aces with a King kicker! However I didn't win. The guy running it claimed he didn't know much about poker, but had set a rule that since I had 2 ace of hearts that it's not a true poker hand. I argued what do you expect when you have over 100 decks of cards in play! Hopefully he has learned by now, or someone else is running it! There were several of us that had these same issues. That couple grand woulda been nice...

That's F'd up. Seriously. With that kinda cake on the line?? WTF? Sounds like you took it better than I would have. -Mike

19donziz29
06-30-2009, 03:37 PM
That's F'd up. Seriously. With that kinda cake on the line?? WTF? Sounds like you took it better than I would have. -Mike

Trust me it wasn't pretty. They were announcing with winner at the awards ceremony for the Shootout. I made a pretty big scene along with a couple of other guys that had better hands that the guy who won (which was probably the guy running its buddy). They had me go out outside on the deck and talk to the guy running it. He even admitted that this was his first poker run and he didn't know what was going on. It was a big joke! On top of that I even had the rule book with, which had no mention of it.

Donzi Vol
06-30-2009, 09:04 PM
That sucks, I was going to enter my WaterTender 9.4. It has oars right now but I was thinking about moving up to a MinnKota. I am actually looking for a shorty for the MinnKota right now.

Ask DonziVol about the WaterTender. I think that he is considering abandoning his Triple Hatch project for one.:shocking:

I will post a pic later.

LOL! I just ran accross this post. My hopes are still high for the triple hatch. However, if we were to dunk it in the water right now next to the tender, mine would sink. Gotta plug three holes with an outdrive and a couple exhaust tips!

Planetwarmer
07-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I will try to show up this year. I wont run, as I have a bone stock 87' 22C. But I sure can cheer loud!

Z-Man
08-08-2009, 06:04 PM
How about a roll call of attendees to watch the events?

I'm in - 28ZX

The Hedgehog
08-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Hmmm.

We can see who measures up.

osur866
08-15-2009, 08:15 AM
I be there C-18 going down be there thur-mon, :thumbsup: cool poker run on friday morning. Plantwarmer you might be suprised, last year a Baja won the class that you would be in @ a whooping 64 mph, If I had a 22 I'd enter for sure but being I have a 18 and you must be 20 or bigger they wouldn't let me in. Would love to see a few of our brothers come to this thing and put some smack down on the baja's and fountains. Steve

G-MAN
08-19-2009, 06:11 PM
We will be attending, thought about running the 28zx , the class I would be in was won by a older donzi ( I think a Cross bow ) and I beleive it ran 68
If any one sees my yellow 28ZX say HI.

G-MAN
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
There is a 38ZR that runs around LOTO I think he is running.
Saw that boat last year , looks just like the factory poker run boat,
bought my Donzi a month later, had to have one!