PDA

View Full Version : cockpit standing water - help

vladimir
06-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I have 18' donzi bow rider with inboard Merc. 6 cyll. and I love it! Only problem I have (so far) is more annoying one: by the bench seating on the back there are two openings (holes) which supposed to drain water in the bilge (I guess). Well, they are clogged and if rains or if I wash the boat, couple inches of water sits there all day. I tried to vacuum, to blow with air, to force with water - NOTHING HELPS! I'm able to push wire as much as 6-7 feet and can hear wire under belgie, but that doesn't help either. Any idea or suggestion will help a lot.

mrfixxall
06-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I have 18' donzi bow rider with inboard Merc. 6 cyll. and I love it! Only problem I have (so far) is more annoying one: by the bench seating on the back there are two openings (holes) which supposed to drain water in the bilge (I guess). Well, they are clogged and if rains or if I wash the boat, couple inches of water sits there all day. I tried to vacuum, to blow with air, to force with water - NOTHING HELPS! I'm able to push wire as much as 6-7 feet and can hear wire under belgie, but that doesn't help either. Any idea or suggestion will help a lot.

Take your garden hose and stick the tip into the drain holes and push the crap that built up over the years out,,or you can use a pressure washer like i do.

MOP
06-13-2009, 08:08 PM
It is very hard to clear drains pushing water through in the direction that it would normally flow, you need to back flush from the outlet end. I may be hard but you need to find the outlets. Phil

RedDog
06-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Draino?

vladimir
06-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Looks like drain line goes in to some kind of chamber and than from there it should drain in to the bilge. I'm worried if using DRAINO (or similar) will damage something? Don't know how long that has been clogged - I owe the boat only 7 months. Thanks for your inputs.

Cuda
06-14-2009, 07:26 AM
DO NOT USE DRAINO!

The garden hose would be your best bet. Sometimes water is supposed to flow through limber holes that get plugged up by leaves. I had this problem on a 1981 Formula I worked on. It about drove me nuts. :)

joel3078
06-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Walmart, hardware store, etc.
Go get one of these for a few bucks

http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00955232000-1

My black widow would plug up all the time and this was the fix. It plugs up from leaf fragments, dirt, etc. The stoppage/plug never made it far into drain system so the litte plastic barbed snake would do the trick. This little device works great on bathtub/shower drain. Suprising how much hair it pulls out!

vladimir
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks to all of you, I'll keep you posted...