PDA

View Full Version : LG Dustoff PICs!!!

bverd
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Here are the pics of the Dustoff so far. Enjoy!!!

--bverd

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/v/2009Dustoff/

Carl C
06-14-2009, 06:10 AM
There are some good shots of "Hot Shot" Mick & his ride. That Pantera is lookin' sweet but what's it doing at a Classic only event???????:wink:

Now we need all the gory details. How many drives, blowers and engines lost? (hopefully none)

jl1962
06-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Awesome Brad. Thanks for posting. Looks like you all had better weather at the Lake than we had downstate.

Grizz rocks. Thanks again to Matty and Scott. Safe home!

JL

Last Real Texan
06-14-2009, 07:49 AM
There are some good shots of "Hot Shot" Mick & his ride. That Pantera is lookin' sweet but what's it doing at a Classic only event???????:wink:

Now we need all the gory details. How many drives, blowers and engines lost? (hopefully none)
I don't think any one really has the oportunity to break stuff up there....from my understanding they really Don't run the boats that hard for this event. Good lookinng pantera +1

Tex

boxy
06-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Looks like everybody had a great time. Glad to see that the Golden Prop is in the hands of an integral part of Team TSL for 2009 :D :D

Nice to see TommyD finally brought a boat that matches his truck :wink::wink:

roadtrip se
06-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Looks like a great event and time was had by all.

Funny thing, when I took the 22 to LG two years ago, I filled up every day. Must have been leaking at the docks or something.

I'll be there next year with boat.

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Pantera is looking great!! It looks like it is running great too!

Last Real Texan
06-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Once again you are misinformed.. :kingme: :kingme:
How hard can you run them with a 45 MPH speed limit and noise restrictions without breaking the law?:popcorn:

penbroke
06-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks Brad! Great job as always!

Frank :shades:
On Lake George even I can go fast enough to make trouble...:wink: :wink:

mattyboy
06-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Brad
THANK YOU AGAIN :) you always cover our event with a camera like no one else , sorry didn't get a chance to say good bye to Amy and yourself I had to cut out early and work today

the pics look great

:)
thanks to everyone that made the event from the volunteers to attendees to the staffs of our host restaurant and hotels to everyone thank you

I'll write up a real wrap up thread later time to sleedp now

mattyboy
06-15-2009, 08:47 AM
here are some that pretty much sum up what kind of scenery ya missed

bverd
06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Here is a short video of the group leaving Paradise Bay and headed to stop #4 in Hague.
--bverd
NmWpeLZF0Xs

Tom Davis
06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Laws are for weenies Last Texan!

Just to celebrate the 45MPH speed limit a few years ago Jim D. did a 160MPH pass for a group of us out on the lake!

Thats just 3.5X the 45mph speed limit but that was a few years ago I think he is at least 4X by now...

It was great to see everybody, hope you all made it home safe. See you all at Winni in a few weeks.

Tom

Kirbyvv
06-15-2009, 11:12 AM
It looks like it was a great day. Sorry I missed Saturday, but I'm glad I got to see some of you on Friday. Great photo's Brad and great event Matty and Scott.

Pismo
06-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice calm day for the run.

glashole
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I might not have heard him properly but Matty actually set it up as a regatta so we were like diplomats and didn't have to obide by any of the laws

we did however

but didn't have to :)

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Laws are for weenies Last Texan!
Just to celebrate the 45MPH speed limit a few years ago Jim D. did a 160MPH pass for a group of us out on the lake!
Thats just 3.5X the 45mph speed limit but that was a few years ago I think he is at least 4X by now...
It was great to see everybody, hope you all made it home safe. See you all at Winni in a few weeks.
Tom

That's good to know. I was thinking that they would not let lawless folks like myself attend such an event. :pimp:

Looks like a good time.

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Bring the X next year, I plan to...

Hmmm.

That sounds like an idea

MDonziM
06-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Looks like a great turnout. How did Mick fare with the sheriff this year?

boatupstate
06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I've got some pics up starting here: http://boatupstate.com/dustoffgallery1.html

I am working on the video as we speak and will start to post some of that in the next couple of days.

Thanks to all for a great day!

Chris

roadtrip se
06-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Hmmm.
That sounds like an idea

Done it from Kentucky. Easy tow. Worth the trip. Plan to do it again when we get the flowerpot all glued back together. Not to be missed.

So MP, are you commiting to the Tin Cup resto for next season? That would be cool...

Last Real Texan
06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Would I be permitted to bring a Don Aronow ( Family) boat that was not a Donzi classic?

Tex

The Hedgehog
06-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Done it from Kentucky. Easy tow. Worth the trip. Plan to do it again when we get the flowerpot all glued back together. Not to be missed.
So MP, are you commiting to the Tin Cup resto for next season? That would be cool...

How long from KY?

This may be the excuse for my new trailer.

mattyboy
06-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Would I be permitted to bring a Don Aronow ( Family) boat that was not a Donzi classic?

Tex

Tex

if you have questions drop me a line

mnmveth@optonline.net

mattyboy
06-16-2009, 08:03 AM
My favorite :) :)
http://boatupstate.com/images/2009/dustoff/donzipartb12.jpg

it won another award this year

OUCH that's gotta hurt ;)

Sorry Poodle :)

John Benkoczy
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
It is a great boat Scott - 'ran perfect all day on the Lake - thanks to Jason and the boys at Performance.

Matty - as you know I couldn't make the dinner - what did I win? :party:

JB

mattyboy
06-16-2009, 10:58 AM
John

I'll have to check i have the plaque at home

BigGrizzly
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
It was a good thing I did bring the Corsican- no one had seen one in real life plus It had a Ford in it.

Kirbyvv
06-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Griz, Glad to see you, Barb and the Corsican made it home safe.

jl1962
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
It was a good thing I did bring the Corsican- no one had seen one in real life plus It had a Ford in it.

Randy - That Ford sounded GOOD!!!

Glad I got to see you and Barb and the boat however briefly. Glad you made it home safe.

Jay

BigGrizzly
06-16-2009, 04:54 PM
we pulled in about 10:am this morning. I was wired On the trip home just thinking of the fun I had and then about putting the Criterion together and all of a sudden It was 2:00am, so I pulled into a rest area and woke up at 6am and took Barb to breakfast, and drove the rest of the way. Life is good.

mattyboy
06-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Randy

glad you and Barbara had a good time and a safe trip, no trailer issues on the way home?? sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye I had to cut out early for work

BigGrizzly
06-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Matty, you did say good by on your way out. It was a great time even with the issues.

Air 22
06-19-2009, 05:23 PM
The "Queen of American Lakes"...:kingme:
We had a great time with everyone...:beer:

jl1962
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Nice, Dwight....I like the ones of Cliff and Diana hauling the kids around in the "bowrider"! If Donzi Marine could tap into that kind of fun, maybe they wouldn't be going away........:garfield:

Remember it's about FUN! Think of your first ride. And check out that smile on Randy's face w/ the three plaques.....HE knows what it's about!

Jay

I'll be back up in 6 weeks - can't wait!

BERTRAM BOY
06-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Jay,
You're absolutley right. I know Grizz jokes about Criterions being bowriders, but the Jeckel girls had a great time riding up front. Come to think of it, I think they rode up there about 3 or 4 separate times!!!!
I would've never thought of a Donzi as a family friendly boat.

Here's another pic (Thanks Brad)

Air 22
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
....AND ohhh how sweet the Critt ran with its new secret labbed prop:pimp:
Yes Poodle...he likes it:yes:...and it ran like a SOB:kingme:

mike o
06-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Well that be Uncle Mick for sure. Endless rides for the kids, and even let Maryshannon drive (a little).:yes: Mick, great to meet ya, :yes:. Your the best.:yes:. Photo by Cliff.

bob haver
06-20-2009, 08:31 AM
We've discussed it, it ran flat, we can do better :kingme::kingme::kingme:

i don't think so scott, it ran great with a bravo:yes::wink:

BigGrizzly
06-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Not to say anything about props, but the game is not over yet. But the Bow Rider thing was a Road Trip original, It is just It is kind of neat. The best part is that as a driver you know what everybody in the boat is doing. So if you loose on you know it right away:nilly::nilly:

Air 22
06-20-2009, 09:14 AM
i don't think so scott, it ran great with a bravo:yes::wink:
Agree'd..:wink:...a 4mph gain :eek::happy_bi:and 400+RPM, only the last 2ft of the hull in the water, the rest of the hull fly'n parallel to the surface...:pimp:

Air 22
06-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Well that be Uncle Mick for sure. Endless rides for the kids, and even let Maryshannon drive (a little).:yes: Mick, great to meet ya, :yes:. Your the best.:yes:. Photo by Cliff.

Mike ...Mick was awsome:wink:...he was great with the kid's and boat rides:)
They sure had fun...:yes:

BERTRAM BOY
06-20-2009, 10:27 AM
For sure Bravo 2's prop is the best one I've tried yet. I'd like to see if I can get a bit more bow lift. That is a damned impressive prop though.:):):)

hot shot
06-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Brad thank you for all of your efforts.... and thatks guys for of your nice comments on my project.... do know what the hell i can do to top that next year.... we will get the seats done and mabe try to go fast now that i have made it a much safer boat... Mick

roadtrip se
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
How long from KY?
This may be the excuse for my new trailer.

Took me about 16 hours the last time. I was running on a blown turbo on the Ex and Eddie's "short cut" took me through some beautiful country, but was hardly short. I bet I could make it in 14, now that I know where I am going.

You will not attend a finer Classic event in a finer setting.

Scrape the dough together and get that trailer under the X. We'll trip it together next year....
The Tin Cup needs some company, as well as the other multitude of X's that show up every year.

In regards to the "bowrider" concept, it still freaks me out to sit up there and run 80+.
Kind of like the first car on a roller coaster... wakes you up and keeps your attention.

BigGrizzly
06-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Cliff, what are the numbers speed and RPMs. NOW what is this bow lift stuff, your not driving a wake board and this is no stinkin cat for heavens sake.

boxy
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
In regards to the "bowrider" concept, it still freaks me out to sit up there and run 80+.
Kind of like the first car on a roller coaster... wakes you up and keeps your attention.

You've got to do it Stealth Style, like Di and I did last year. Slide forward on the cushion as far as you can, then lean back so that your eyes are just above the deck ..... :D Wheeeee !!!!

Air 22
06-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Cliff, what are the numbers speed and RPMs. NOW what is this bow lift stuff, your not driving a wake board and this is no stinkin cat for heavens sake.

Grizz the radar gun said 88....:kingme::nilly:

BUIZILLA
06-22-2009, 06:12 AM
the I-87 radar..... :pretzel:

Air 22
06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I didn't know he lost it off a cliff?

Can u make my signature photo move like ur avatar???:kingme: