PDA

View Full Version : New Member from the UK, 22ZX

JamieP
06-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, i was searching round the net for info on my boat and stumbled across this place, nice forum, look forward to picking your brains.

I have a 2000 22ZX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J-NmqjQDZw

mrfixxall
06-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, i was searching round the net for info on my boat and stumbled across this place, nice forum, look forward to picking your brains.

I have a 2000 22ZX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J-NmqjQDZw

You should use caution on those bloody turns mate! the 22 zx are known for spinning out! :)

zelatore
06-13-2009, 02:53 PM
With an avatar like that, you clearly need a Blackhawk...

MOP
06-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Quote: You should use caution on those bloody turns mate! the 22 zx are known for spinning out! I was thinking the same thing, wonder if he has browned his shorts yet!!!

JamieP
06-14-2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome, that was in the Solent.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=solent%20isle%20of%20wight&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

A couple more pics for you, i keep it in a drystack

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/Donzi016.jpg

And next to my father inlaws Sunseeker Carmargue 50'

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/donzi001.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/donzi002.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/donzi007.jpg

MOP
06-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Even with custom davits it would be a shame to use such a pretty boat for a tender, more like the Sunseeker should be your chase boat. It could be a good place to keep your libations cool, hope to hear more from across the pond.

Phil

BUIZILLA
06-14-2009, 08:42 AM
radar is a good business over there I see :yes:

Team Jefe
06-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Nice. Love the color scheme. What part of the UK are you in. Welcome aboard!

JamieP
06-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I live just west of london in a town called Beaconsfield, i keep my boat in southhampton and use it for trips around the Solent and to the Isle of wight.:)

Donzi LG
06-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Absolutely beautiful boat! I love the graphics. Welcome!

John

rtgogo
06-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Nice ride.. welcome to the board.. enjoy!

Last Real Texan
06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Welcome...:nilly:

Tidbart
06-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Welcome aboard. Nice looking ride, the Sunseeker isn't so bad either.:boggled:
The Solent is quite the boater paradise. The blowboater's must love you.:bonk:
I raced sailboats for a week in the Solent some years ago. Such a cool place to boat. Between Portsmouth, Southampton, Yarmouth, and East Cowes, there had to have at least a half a million boats. Hope to see more photos in the future.

Bob

gcarter
06-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Do they still run the Cowes Torquay race?

Either one of these would be good observation boats.

Good luck and have fun.

JamieP
06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Do they still run the Cowes Torquay race?

Either one of these would be good observation boats.

Good luck and have fun.

I dont think they are doing it this year, i hear there is a classic one happing though.

JamieP
06-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice looking ride, the Sunseeker isn't so bad either.:boggled:
The Solent is quite the boater paradise. The blowboater's must love you.:bonk:
I raced sailboats for a week in the Solent some years ago. Such a cool place to boat. Between Portsmouth, Southampton, Yarmouth, and East Cowes, there had to have at least a half a million boats. Hope to see more photos in the future.

Bob

You know it well, great place for playing around in, ill get some more pics when im down there next weekend. :)

SilverBack
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the board!! I love your boat it is really nice!!

JamieP
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I need a new steering wheel as mine is looking tatty, anyone suggest somewhere i could buy one that may ship to the UK? or would a car steering wheel such as a Momo fit?

The Hedgehog
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Welcome Jamie. Nice avatar.

I am one of those "not afraid to spin out" guys. Enjoy the ZX.

There is a guy over there named Trevor that has a pretty hot 26ZX.

I like the Isotta wheels. Symetrical is better with hydraulic steering.

JamieP
06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks,

Will an Isotta wheel bolt straight on?:)

The Hedgehog
06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks,

Will an Isotta wheel bolt straight on?:)

I am pretty sure but you should ask around.

rtgogo
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Update to a billet steering hub that matches the bolt pattern on your new wheel and existing shaft and you should be in good shape.

JamieP
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Can you suggest anywhere to buy a billet hub? link would be good.

Thanks.:)

brwn234
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
I've never seen that graphics option before. I've gotta say I think it is the best looking 22ZX I've ever seen. Nice boat! Out of curiosity what are those deck fills on the port side of the swim platform? Fresh water? Also I like where the VHF is mounted. Givin me all kinds of ideas. Welcome.

rtgogo
06-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Think i picked mine up from Eddie Marine. Let me know if you can't find it on google and I'll find the catalog with the URL. Mine was a Dino replacement so I'm limited in my wheel upgrade options, but they've come out with one that has polished spokes that looks nice and ads some color to that white interior.... I think they had a universal one with multiple bolt patterns pre-drilled that may work for a variety of wheels. Need to confirm, but think my 2001 22zx has a 3/4 tapered shaft which you'll need to know to get the right part #.

Last Tango
06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Always nice to welcome a fellow 22ZX owner. Thanks for joining the party here. You won't be disappointed. Folks here are all about enjoying these boats and life.
Momo makes a variety of marine steering wheels that would look great on your boat, and they have the exact same bolt pattern as the one you have now.
Check out my link below to read all about my 2006 22ZX experiences.

JamieP
06-17-2009, 03:17 PM
I've never seen that graphics option before. I've gotta say I think it is the best looking 22ZX I've ever seen. Nice boat! Out of curiosity what are those deck fills on the port side of the swim platform? Fresh water? Also I like where the VHF is mounted. Givin me all kinds of ideas. Welcome.

Thanks, Yes fresh water for the shower:)

Think i picked mine up from Eddie Marine. Let me know if you can't find it on google and I'll find the catalog with the URL. Mine was a Dino replacement so I'm limited in my wheel upgrade options, but they've come out with one that has polished spokes that looks nice and ads some color to that white interior.... I think they had a universal one with multiple bolt patterns pre-drilled that may work for a variety of wheels. Need to confirm, but think my 2001 22zx has a 3/4 tapered shaft which you'll need to know to get the right part #.

Thanks for the info:)

Always nice to welcome a fellow 22ZX owner. Thanks for joining the party here. You won't be disappointed. Folks here are all about enjoying these boats and life.
Momo makes a variety of marine steering wheels that would look great on your boat, and they have the exact same bolt pattern as the one you have now.
Check out my link below to read all about my 2006 22ZX experiences.

I like the look of the white marine Momo, im going to try and find a UK supplier for one of them, thanks for the info.:)

fasttrucker
06-18-2009, 01:32 PM

check www.cpperformance.com or www.eddiemarine.com I put a new wheel and hub on my 22zx wish I would have bought a extended hub adapter