PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck............!

fogducker III
06-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Well after our disaster "attempt" at attending AOTH we are going to the first local Poker Run with the Donzi.......:yes:

Starts at Thetis Island, driver's meeting at 9 this morning, from Thetis there are five stops at various of the Gulf Islands. Not sure of the exact route til we get there but it usually goes something like this: Thetis, Saltspring, Saturna, Pender and then Sidney or perhaps back to Thetis for a pig bake...........

Looking forward to it, there should be a number of boats. Then the big local run next weekend...........

http://vipr.ca/

This is the area we are running.........

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/maps/?id=36

Lenny
06-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Good luck, stay out of the back :yes: or stay on the side. There will be some big boats here.

fogducker III
06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Good luck, stay out of the back :yes: or stay on the side. There will be some big boats here.

I have no intention of running at the rear...........:wink:

There will be some big and fast boats there, but can they drive them....:confused:

PS. Let me know when you are available to "chat" about our "project"....

Lenny
06-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Man, you could not ask for better weather :yes:

Its been upper 70's, low 90's for the last two weeks here folks. Clear as a bell. Best two weeks of June I can remember.

Anyways,, a stiff breeze today out of the WNW so I am sure there will be some "spillage" and wet decks :yes:

Jeremy, can't wait to hear how the water was up around Thetis Island and the following sea to Saturna :D

Bet you got wet !!!

I was finishing millwork today for Monday, doing a hardwood floor, cleaning rat $hit out of one of my barns :( ... I think you had it better :yes:

fogducker III
06-14-2009, 11:37 AM
AWESOME run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weather was PERFECT, very slight seas from Pender to Montague, other than that, almost full out all day. We had the fourth highest poker hand, no $$ for fourth though...........:frown:

There were over 40 boats, no major damage or accidents which is great.........lunch laid on at Browning, man they have sure cleaned up the place and improved the food etc 100%.........:yes:

Dinner and awards at Thetis Island with a pig bake........:canada:

LOADS of eye candy for us old guys......:smileybo:

Couple of 140mph+ Skaters and loads of different brands represented, but only ONE Donzi and I was the smallest boat there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that, I was one of the first dozen arriving at each stop!!!!:wink:

I will post some pics after my morning coffee...........next weekend is the big local run.........:boat::cards:

SilverBack
06-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow..that sounds great! You must have been hammering on it! I guess you were making up for the AOTH fiasco.

fogducker III
06-14-2009, 01:40 PM
A few pics of the run......seemed strange doing 70+ and being passed like we were standing still......:shocking:

fogducker III
06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
and finally, the ONLY Donzi there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenny
06-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Awesome :yes: 140 is sure something to see, :yes: especially when you (as you said) were already 70+ . Been there, done that and wanted to crawl into my cuddy but the 18 doesn't have one :D

I will see you next weekend, weather means nothing. I am there. I will be in the X. No procharger on it now.

There, we will have two DONZI's...

:D

Man, you had the weather this weekend :yes: