PDA

View Full Version : Fino

olredalert
06-10-2009, 09:08 PM
-------Bought another money pit late last week in FLA. I have wanted a Fino since the very first one I saw back in 1970 at the Magnum factory. A Fino is the epitome of absolute cool to me, and I think I managed to find the best one available for any sort of reasonable cost. There were a couple of cheaper ones out there but they needed everything and trying to be somewhat intelligent (hard, Ill admit) I figured I wouldnt live long enough to do a resto as these boats are incredibly complex. This boat is unbelieveably well sorted out and Ill have it in the water here in Mi. by early next week. Cant wait!!!!:shades::shades::shades:
-------Poodle, very kindly, will get around to posting a pic as soon as he has a spare moment..........Bill S

Ghost
06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
SWEET!! I've only seen 2 and it's one of my top 5 dream boats. Can I ask where you got it? Was it the white/brown one on the lake out in Missouri or whatever? FL? Seatlle? I've been watching a couple of them for a few years.

smidgen too
06-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Bill is it like the one we looked at, they are cool boats.:yes: There are some deals out there, you just can't have too many boats.:nilly:Are you bringing her to the Old School II reunion ?

-------Bought another money pit late last week in FLA. I have wanted a Fino since the very first one I saw back in 1970 at the Magnum factory. A Fino is the epitome of absolute cool to me, and I think I managed to find the best one available for any sort of reasonable cost. There were a couple of cheaper ones out there but they needed everything and trying to be somewhat intelligent (hard, Ill admit) I figured I wouldnt live long enough to do a resto as these boats are incredibly complex. This boat is unbelieveably well sorted out and Ill have it in the water here in Mi. by early next week. Cant wait!!!!:shades::shades::shades:
-------Poodle, very kindly, will get around to posting a pic as soon as he has a spare moment..........Bill S

olredalert
06-10-2009, 11:32 PM
------It was the red one available in Fla., and I will hopefully be bringing it over to the reunion with as many friends as I can jam on board!!! Give me a call, Mark, if you are up for it. Ill need al the help I can get. Theres a bit of a learning curve that will be necessary on this one. Its the only red one I have come across but the former owner says there was one other one. Then he took me about a mile from his shop and showed me another maroon one that was originally rigged with twin TRS set-ups. It was supposedly built for Magnum owner, Fino originator, and offshore racer Bobby Rautbord, but is now just a stripped out hull, unfortunatly.......Bill S

Conquistador_del_mar
06-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Bill,
That is very cool. I will look forward to seeing some pictures. Bill

BUIZILLA
06-11-2009, 07:11 AM
the factory address on the flyer is about 20' from my desk.... :kingme:

olredalert
06-11-2009, 07:46 AM
-----Wouldnt that "Catalog Boat" be cool, but I dont think so. That boat has only two exhaust pipes and mine has always had two per side according to the seller. I think all the later boats had four and it makes sense that the catalog pic would be no.1 or at the least very early in production.
-----Thanks for putting up the pics, Scott. Do you have a catalog??? I have a color copy but thats it. I saw one for sale on a website last year and have to go find the sight again.
-----Didnt we talk about that address before, Jim??? Fast boat history is so thick around you guys. Im sorry I didnt get over to see you but things got a bit hectic up in Lighthouse Point, and then the "great one" was home after all. As you no doubt know, it was a bit hectic around his place as well. Scott, hope you and Heidi got some shut-eye after things quieted down. Never a dull day (or night) in Coral Gables!!!.....Bill S

zelatore
06-11-2009, 09:40 AM
That is one cool looking boat!

I'm not familiar with Fino. If I saw one without badging, I'd have assumed Riva.

What's the history behind the brand/model?

And what are the specs on the boat?

People need to know these things! :wink:

olredalert
06-11-2009, 10:05 AM
------The original Finos (app. 30 built by Rautbord) were built between 1969 and 1975. A little more than half of them were built in the Magnum factory which the Rautbords owned thru "Apeco" and the rest were I believe built next door to Jim (Buizilla) off-site. Mine is probably one of the off-site ones. After the run was over the molds apparently got to somewhere in Texas, and finally ended up in Washington. The current owners will build you one for around $400,000 (Yikes):shocking:!!! Bobby did some amount of consultation with Don A, and I believe Brownie had at least some, possibly more than some, hands-on experience. 30 ft long by 9'3" beam. Twin 454s (now, originally 427s) with Crusader V-drives. I saw close to 55mph out of it the other day but it probably wont be up there too much. 9000lbs and an excellent hull design so its a wave crusher. Strakes are very reminiscent of Bertram raceboats from the era, but the design had no connections to Bertram, I am told............Bill S

DonziChris
06-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Very nice, Hope to see it at the reunion.

Chris

Conquistador_del_mar
06-11-2009, 10:36 AM
------The original Finos (app. 30 built by Rautbord) were built between 1969 and 1975. A little more than half of them were built in the Magnum factory which the Rautbords owned thru "Apeco" and the rest were I believe built next door to Jim (Buizilla) off-site. Mine is probably one of the off-site ones. After the run was over the molds apparently got to somewhere in Texas, and finally ended up in Washington. The current owners will build you one for around $400,000 (Yikes):shocking:!!! Bobby did some amount of consultation with Don A, and I believe Brownie had at least some, possibly more than some, hands-on experience. 30 ft long by 9'3" beam. Twin 454s (now, originally 427s) with Crusader V-drives. I saw close to 55mph out of it the other day but it probably wont be up there too much. 9000lbs and an excellent hull design so its a wave crusher. Strakes are very reminiscent of Bertram raceboats from the era, but the design had no connections to Bertram, I am told............Bill S

Bill,
Wasn't there one on Ebay within the past year that never met the reserve price? It was red. Is that the boat you bought? Just curious, Bill

olredalert
06-11-2009, 10:46 AM
------Yup Bill,,,Thats the one. I have been in negotiations with the seller since then. He had a hard time giving it up as it was his and his wifes favorite boat. I just remembered that Walt Walters was the original designer.........Bill S

Conquistador_del_mar
06-11-2009, 11:05 AM
------Yup Bill,,,Thats the one. I have been in negotiations with the seller since then. He had a hard time giving it up as it was his and his wifes favorite boat. I just remembered that Walt Walters was the original designer.........Bill S

Wow! That boat is absolutely georgeous when I think about the good pictures in the Ebay ad. Congratulations on a lifetime dream boat - at least in my book. I remember how much I was drooling at the lines, appointments, and finish on it. :yes: Bill

LKSD
06-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Nice boat Bill, I am sure you will enjoy it.. :) J

tom rockstroh
06-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I had a White 73' with the 427 Mercs, bought it in 1980 from a guy in Annapolis Md.The boat was in the 1973 New York boat show and I was told it was the very last one built and it was #28.There is a picture posted on OSO of the Magnum plant in 73' from the opposite side of the canal and in the background you can see a white Fino on a shipping cradle along with another blue one in the water.The boat is still around the Annapolis area.

Ghost
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I had a White 73' with the 427 Mercs, bought it in 1980 from a guy in Annapolis Md.The boat was in the 1973 New York boat show and I was told it was the very last one built and it was #28.There is a picture posted on OSO of the Magnum plant in 73' from the opposite side of the canal and in the background you can see a white Fino on a shipping cradle along with another blue one in the water.The boat is still around the Annapolis area.

I see one right in Annapolis every once in a while, which I suspect is this one. Gorgeous boat. -Mike

tom rockstroh
06-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah Mike that's probably the one, the owner lives somewhere in Severna Park and keeps it on the Magothy,I noticed you have a V drive Nova, I always wanted one,There were a few that ran around Annapolis when I had the Fino, I also had a 73' Wellcraft Nova(Purple)wTwin 188's, I sold It to buy the Fino. There was another Fino around too,It was blue wih a white deck owned by a lawyer that kept it on the Severn but it's gone now I think it went to Del.The only other one around here is the Yellow/Orange one that is on bodkin creek with diesels in it now.

Ghost
06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah Mike that's probably the one, the owner lives somewhere in Severna Park and keeps it on the Magothy,I noticed you have a V drive Nova, I always wanted one,There were a few that ran around Annapolis when I had the Fino, I also had a 73' Wellcraft Nova(Purple)wTwin 188's, I sold It to buy the Fino. There was another Fino around too,It was blue wih a white deck owned by a lawyer that kept it on the Severn but it's gone now I think it went to Del.The only other one around here is the Yellow/Orange one that is on bodkin creek with diesels in it now.

Cool. (As for always wanting a v-drive Nova, everything's negotiable in this world, right? ;) )

The yellow/orange one on the Bodkin, that's GOTTA be another of the "Purely Pleasure" family, no? (I think the guy who owns a marina with rack storage up there has had a bunch of yellow/orange boats, at least one of which back in the 80's was a big Magnum, and there have been replacements of larger size over the years. All named "Purely Pleasure" or something similar I think. So I'm curious if the yellow/orange Fino is in that family--as the yacht tender or pleasure runabout to some bigger sibling.) -Mike

P.S. Curious whereabout you are here--I'm right in Annapolis and my Nova is at Bert Jabin's on Back Creek, off the Severn.

tom rockstroh
06-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I am on the Bodkin as well, keeping boats at Ventnor Marina, Just sold my 75' Cigarette 35 and getting ready to put over my 72' 28 Bertram but haven't had too much time for boats these days,trying to sell Bertram now,but no takers for this old boat in this economy,I would like to buy back my old Fino and redo it someday,I see it around alot too.

Ghost
06-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I am on the Bodkin as well, keeping boats at Ventnor Marina, Just sold my 75' Cigarette 35 and getting ready to put over my 72' 28 Bertram but haven't had too much time for boats these days,trying to sell Bertram now,but no takers for this old boat in this economy,I would like to buy back my old Fino and redo it someday,I see it around alot too.

Now I'm just curious and nosy, wondering if that's your Bertram I've seen blocked up, as I turned from Hog Neck rd onto Ft Smallwood, on the right...

tom rockstroh
06-12-2009, 01:59 PM
No, mine is blocked on my lot next to my house, although I did look at the one you saw(Not to Purchase),That ones pretty rough for the price, I would sell mine cheaper than that and it's all redone.

olredalert
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM
-----Well Tom,,,This is interesting. I would have said the last Fino was built in 1973 as you note. Out in Washington state, though, at the company that builds the new ones they claim they have a restored 1975 Fino for sale ($199,000). I really wondered about that when I saw it.
-----I have heard about a white one that was in in your general vicinity. Im not sure they made another.
-----The "Purely Pleasure" guy keeps his Fino at "Ocean Reef" outside Key Largo during the cold months along with his newer 70 some foot ocean race style boat. It may be a Magnum, but Im just not sure. I met him once but cant remember his name. The Fino is definetly in that family. The reason for the "orange/red" combos is that supposedly he is color blind and he finds those shades of orange and red pleasant.
-----Is the Bertram 28 you refer to a 28 Baron??? Another one of my all time favorites!!!
-----Go get that white one back. You deserve it.......Bill S

Craig S
06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Fino...a beautiful boat!

tom rockstroh
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
This is my 73' taken in 1981!

tom rockstroh
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Back at the dock after a full day on the bay, Those were the days!!!

olredalert
06-16-2009, 05:46 PM
-----Thanks for the pics, Tom!!! Much appreciated.
-----Baxter,,,The boat ahs been locked up in a shed since it got here so I have no pics yet, but they are coming. Boat gets launched tomorrow.........Bill S

smidgen too
06-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Bill I found this old pic, funny it has our new boats pictured..:yes:

olredalert
06-17-2009, 07:45 AM
-------The magazine just has good taste. Thats all!!! Fino is getting wet later today after this front, hopefully, passes thru. No rain yet but it looks snotty.........Bill S

zelatore
06-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Started teasing us on 6-10.

6-17 and still no pictures.

Poodle, you got any frequent flyer miles?

Some of us are dieing out here!

Ghost
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I google searched images to tide us all over, but this was the closest thing I found.

olredalert
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
-----Well,,,It floats!!! Dropped it in this morning but just tied it up as the weather just plain sucks today :frown:. Its windy as h e l l right now, but least its stopped raining. If the wind will just drop down an octave or two Ill get it out of Eds and down to my slip and gaet some pics as well. Believe me, Im as anxious as you guys at this point..........Bill S

-----Ghost,,,I cant seem to pull that picture up. I wonder why?

BUIZILLA
06-17-2009, 01:39 PM
wind?

winnnnnndddddd?

you wussy........

dwiggl
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Tom, your picture on thread 28, swimming distance from where I grew up. That dock was owned by Capt. Marable if I recall. WW2 Navy man.
Why in the heck did I want to move west.......
Any crab yet?
Don

Ghost
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Cool Red X Ghost, looks as cool as the pics of Bills new boat.. ;) :D

-----Well,,,It floats!!! Dropped it in this morning but just tied it up as the weather just plain sucks today :frown:. Its windy as h e l l right now, but least its stopped raining. If the wind will just drop down an octave or two Ill get it out of Eds and down to my slip and gaet some pics as well. Believe me, Im as anxious as you guys at this point..........Bill S

-----Ghost,,,I cant seem to pull that picture up. I wonder why?

Weird. I could see it live in the thread after I posted it, but it's gone for me too now.

Though the standard red x for a broken picture is so annoying, it'd be a more annoying avatar than either Nancy Grace or Michael Moore. (Well, maybe that's a bit ambitious.)

zelatore
06-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Tom, your picture on thread 28, swimming distance from where I grew up. That dock was owned by Capt. Marable if I recall. WW2 Navy man.
Why in the heck did I want to move west.......
Any crab yet?
Don

Wait a minute.....

This post was from a guy named Don who moved to NorCal from back east and had(has) an old Uniflite.

My identity has been stolen! :eek:

olredalert
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
------You are correct, Buick Boy!!! Wussy is, by the way, my middle name. It almost reminded me of south Florida in the summer here today. When I typed that it had stopprd raining for about five minutes. Do I need to explain the rest of the day to you???.........Bill S

BUIZILLA
06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Do I need to explain the rest of the day to you???.........Bill S hot and muggy... :kingme:

Ghost
06-18-2009, 12:12 AM
http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/0/s/A/patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg

http://www.wired.com/images/article/full/2007/08/loch_ness_monster_580x.jpg

http://www.anatomorphex.com/picts/monsters/MN013_ABOMINABLE_SNOWMAN.jpg

http://www.powdermedia.com/BCAA/Santa_Claus.jpg

http://www.proofofalienlife.com/proof_of_alien_life_pic.jpg

http://theinnerdoor.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/four-leaf_clover.jpg

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n58/n291954.jpg

olredalert
06-18-2009, 06:54 AM
-----And I was going to name the boat "GHOST".
-----It appears to be drying out this morning so maybe you two will get a dose of what you so ardently seek. I realize that "morning" is a term that means different things to different people, Poodle. To you 8:00 is like noon......Bill S

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 07:06 AM
just name it Red Whine..

now untie the damm thing..

zelatore
06-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Easier things to photograph.....:rofl::rofl:

Ghost strikes again!

Now I'm going to go pick up a customer's boat at 9 this morning. When I get back....

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 10:35 AM
he forgot where he left it... :nilly:

zelatore
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
It's really just a bayliner with some bondo smeared on it to change the lines. He doesn't want us to figure it out.

olredalert
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
------BLAH,,,,BLAH,,,,BLAH.........Bill S

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 05:30 PM
you need to change your screen name to RED WHINE

Ghost
06-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Tease.

(I hope being gone all day means you got out...)

HOWARD O
06-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Hey, I posted this last year, I believe it's the boat. So, in my mind, that either secures me a joyride in the future or you'll end up shooting me!

Congrats, that's an incredible boat, Bill!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53352

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
he forgot how to untie a half hitch... :nilly:

thank God it wasn't a bowline

zelatore
06-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I heard he was scared of all those extra gauges and levers at the helm what with 2 engines and all.

BUIZILLA
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
he thought the v-drives and slant transom meant it only planes in reverse....

or plows water..

olredalert
06-19-2009, 10:07 AM
-----You know, Howard, I might not have seen the add if you hadnt posted that, so I do owe you a big thank-you and Joyride. Anytime you are near the big "D" give me a shout. As for Buick Boy, and the Dog,,,,ehhhhhh,,,,,,Maybe :yes::bonk:
-----Is that the only pic that got thru, MP??? Thats Ontario, by the way........Bill S

tom rockstroh
06-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Man,You guys are Kill'in me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boat looks perfect, Bill.

olredalert
06-19-2009, 10:46 AM
------Glad you like it and hopefully this will answer those pesky questions about weather the Fino really exists or not. The dock is in a little harbor (just twelve docks) just about a mile north of my house and fits my needs exactly. Totally protected. Actually took Jan out to dinner last night by water. Hope to do a lot of that.
------You may have noticed the picture with the thumbs-up. Jan said I shouldnt post the one with the other digit!!!
------Names are being processed. Latest mentioned is "SHWING". Another is "FUGAWE". A third is "FINOLLY" (word play on Fino). Really have my doubts on that last one, but none seem quite right yet. Its a work in progress.......Bill S

BUIZILLA
06-19-2009, 11:39 AM
red whine

zelatore
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Now I know what took so long to get the pictures up - he had to wait until he got the matching red dock lines. Can't post pictures with annoying black ones!

Boat looks great! Of course you're not off the hook yet - we all need to know some performance numbers next.....

Conquistador_del_mar
06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Bill,
What a fabulous looking boat! It might look even better in the water than the pictures on ebay. Out of curiosity, what is the weight? Bill

Craig S
06-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Gorgeous!!!

olredalert
06-19-2009, 02:40 PM
------Weight=9500lbs.
------Performance; I saw 52/3 on a water pick-up speedo. Sort of felt like it but its so different from what Im used to Im not sure. Steering; slow.
------"RED WHINE" officially out of contention........Bill S

Ghost
06-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Beautiful!! Man, I love that boat.

HOWARD O
06-19-2009, 07:07 PM
-----You know, Howard, I might not have seen the add if you hadnt posted that, so I do owe you a big thank-you and Joyride. Anytime you are near the big "D" give me a shout. As for Buick Boy, and the Dog,,,,ehhhhhh,,,,,,Maybe :yes::bonk:
-----Is that the only pic that got thru, MP??? Thats Ontario, by the way........Bill S

A big You're Welcome back atcha. That's great you ended up owning it.

Normally I'd say don't sweat the joyride, but considering the boat I'll say I'M THERE this time! :yes:

Enjoy, those are beautiful photos.

scippy
06-19-2009, 11:12 PM
That boat is beautiful! "BELLA FINO"

smidgen too
06-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Bill she looks GREAT, and the weather for Sat looks better all the time !!!!:yes:

lars
06-20-2009, 06:19 AM
So glad to see when things finally work out Bill. I bet Mr. Yadvish and his guys can give a little advice on how to best set up the steering etc. Delighted You finally got her. She's such a gem! Posting a few shots of the 1973 at The Ozarks (has 2x440 Chrysler originals') and a shot of the first modern one made, model year 2000 (has 2x496's), that Yadvish built. It travelled the country to several boat shows and finally, in the late summer of 2007, sold after a last listed asking price of $139,000, then at Lake Collins, Colorado with hardly any hours on her. It was sold using the factory rep. as contact, but listed by a FL broker, that low even though list price had originally been upper $300's. Amazing deal! Bobby Rautbord would be happy to know that his creation is still so admired though. I would say he must have been a passionate boater, if I don't recall wrong he was only 12 years old or so when he took his father's 1930's Garwood out and ended up having to go to court after running over a swimmer in the river he was speeding on. The Judge must have been psychic and proberly realized the kid was a future Offshore Racing World Champ to be, so Bobby got away with a warning!

Cheers, Lars.

P.S. How about 'Fino In Fondo' ('All The Way') for a name? D.S.

Northcoast Yachts
401 Alexander Avenue
Suite 407
Tacoma, WA 98421
Stephen Yadvish
Direct 206-953-9030
Office 206-623-3233

olredalert
06-20-2009, 06:46 AM
------Thanks Lars,,,The 440 Chryslers were the standard power. I have watched that Chrysler powered boat for several years. It has been listed by many different brokers and no one seems to be able to get the job done. It makes you wonder about that particular boat. Butch Stokes, one of the original riggers, told me that they werent thrilled with the 440 boats. The feeling was that the 440s were sort of cheaply converted. He also told me that all the Chevy powered boats that he rigged were Merc 496s, and I think he said a few bigger cubed Mercs. Not the current 496s obviously, but stroker race motors slightly de-tuned. He said they were wicked expensive.
------The Yadfish guys came down to Florida and looked over my boat very closely several years ago after they built that first boat as they seemed to have some performance problems initially. They felt that my boat was the best sorted out Fino around. Thats a tribute to Mike, the great guy I bought the boat from. His attention to detail is very noticeable when you look over this boat. Im proud that he chose to sell to me as there were others at the last minute trying to squeeze themselves in the middle.
------I had never heard that story about Bobby R. Very unfortunate!........Bill S

lars
06-20-2009, 07:16 AM
This bit of info. was sent to me by a fellow Gentleman, Butch, who was very much involved with the Legends endevours those days. He later moved next to several of these Boating Legends, when they got themselves retirement properties around Aspen, CO. Magoon retired there too. Butch opened an Independent Porsche Shop that he now has had for more than 30 years.

I quote;

"The boat was designed by Walt Walters, with much input from Bobby. It was his dream boat..He did keep one for himself for a while with outdrive's.
then he moved to Aspen where he died a few years later..His house was between Jill St John's and John Denver's..He and Aronow and Bob Magoon were best friends..Bobby had a tennis court at his house and they all played there almost every day...One year, at the Chicago Boat Show, Bobby and I were sitting in the boat talking, and he told me he was buying a Jet Ranger. wanted a unique color..I offered lime green and black..he loved it..After
delivery, Don liked it so much he had to buy one also..
I don't remember any shortcomings about the boat..we even ran Bobby's personal boat in the Bahamas 500 one year..the boat ran fine, but one of the
engines lost a pushrod and we finished at 1 am..with Magoon clapping on the dock for us..the last boat to finish.."

The Fino project was a pet project for Bobby and money was no object.

Lars.

olredalert
06-20-2009, 07:26 AM
------Thanks for the extra input, Lars. Man, you are up early!!!:eek::eek:.........Bill S

lars
06-20-2009, 08:43 AM
We Vikings are supposed to have a little insomnia around midsummer! :hyper:

DonziChris
06-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Bill, Very nice talking to you at the reunion today, Your El Pescador looks great. Hope to see you soon in the fino.

Take care Chris

thescooter
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
great looking boat. great pick, my next boat for sure.
the scooter

Cig35Mistress
06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Lars:

The "Butch" that you are referring to in the previous post - is that Butch Stokes from Fort Lauderdale? I think I spoke with him on OSO (lilabner) a while back and I wanted to get in touch with him again.

Can you PM me with an email address for him? If I remember correctly, he told me his son was the foremost 928 expert in the world, and still in South Florida. I have an '82 928S that needs a little love, and a '95 993 Cabriolet that needs regular servicing. But I don't trust anyone to touch my babies!

Thanks!

Harry

roadtrip se
06-23-2009, 09:41 AM
I had heard about this dream shortly after arriving in Michigan in the summer of 2003...

Good to see you realize it Bill.

olredalert
06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
-------Thanks, Todd!!! It took me awhile to find a decent one. Congrats to your better half as well for her new job.........Bill S

smidgen too
06-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Bill [olredalert] Thanks for coming to the reunion. The weather my have stoped some from coming,:garfield: but not the REAL OLD SCHOOL BOATERS..:yes:

olredalert
06-24-2009, 11:53 AM
------I will have the Fino in the Algonac Boat Show this Saturday, Smidge. Ill have a cold one waiting for you if you make it up. Or, actually, anyone else from the sight that happens to be in the area. I would be willing to bet you wont go to many boat shows with two Finos in one show. The maroon one I showed you is entered as well. I would be second if I was being judged, for sure.
------That Chris was pretty neat but just a bit strange with the Metal-Flake paint job. Your floater was really nice, buy the way!!!:yes::yes::yes:.........Bill S

HOWARD O
06-24-2009, 03:25 PM
------Your floater was really nice, buy the way!!!:yes::yes::yes:.........Bill S

Hmmm, do we even want to go there? :confused:

(someone HAD to comment, figured it might as well be me!) :kingme:

olredalert
06-24-2009, 04:40 PM
------I meant the Mirage in the picture, Howard.........Bill S

smidgen too
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
------I will have the Fino in the Algonac Boat Show this Saturday, Smidge. Ill have a cold one waiting for you if you make it up. Or, actually, anyone else from the sight that happens to be in the area. I would be willing to bet you wont go to many boat shows with two Finos in one show. The maroon one I showed you is entered as well. I would be second if I was being judged, for sure.
------That Chris was pretty neat but just a bit strange with the Metal-Flake paint job. Your floater was really nice, buy the way!!!:yes::yes::yes:.........Bill S
Thanks Bill,, The Orange Metal-Flake is in the gell coat, thats the way they came from Chris Craft & with the black bottom. That boat raced as P-300 C*C Rider around 1975. I will try to make it up for the show.

olredalert
06-24-2009, 10:51 PM
-------You have to be kidding. That thing isnt even a jet-drive,,,LOL!!! I have seen that hull and deck in a regular eggshell white somewhere though, havent I ???..........Bill S

smidgen too
06-25-2009, 08:01 AM
-------You have to be kidding. That thing isnt even a jet-drive,,,LOL!!! I have seen that hull and deck in a regular eggshell white somewhere though, havent I ???..........Bill S

Local, Steve Baum also raced one called the Maverick [white hull] back then. Also The first U.S.A. offshore death [The 1974 Blue Lagoon Classic] happend here on Lake St Clair in that boat. Steve would later start Maverick Marine, stretching that hull to 32' and winning many races. Around 1980 Steve Baum would also become the APBA Offshore President.

lars
06-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Bill [olredalert] Thanks for coming to the reunion. The weather my have stoped some from coming,:garfield: but not the REAL OLD SCHOOL BOATERS..:yes:
What's the history of these Chris-Craft 8 Meters. There's one in Sweden and I'm just curious how many that were made and if there's some more photos of this good looking one posted somewhere. You guys sure have some nice boats over there.
Lars

smidgen too
06-27-2009, 08:47 PM
What's the history of these Chris-Craft 8 Meters. There's one in Sweden and I'm just curious how many that were made and if there's some more photos of this good looking one posted somewhere. You guys sure have some nice boats over there.
Lars

All I know is they were made about 18 boats [as I was told] from late 1973 to maybe 1976..

lars
06-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks. Appreciate the info. very much. Allways amazed at the knowledge on this great forum.

Lars.

smidgen too
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks. Appreciate the info. very much. Allways amazed at the knowledge on this great forum.

Lars.

Bill how did the Fino do at the St Clair show ???? When the rain came again Dave and I had to keep our beverages safe and I went to the Voyageur tavern.:beer:

olredalert
07-20-2009, 08:26 PM
-------Bwa-Haa :kingme::kingme::kingme: . Got first place in class. There were two boats in the class. The other one didnt show, so I was pretty sure I had second wrapped up and even thought there might be a shot at first!!!! The will of the people carried the day, though, and I swept into first. Thanks for asking. It was actually a nice day for just about everyone.........Bill S

Ghost
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Congrats. (You should post more pictures of the big winner.) :)

smidgen too
07-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Congrats. (You should post more pictures of the big winner.) :)
Here is the winner & and his competition.:kingme::kingme::kingme::kingme:

olredalert
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
-------Thanks Mark,,,That party barge was in a different class or I would have been in trouble. If you look closely, it may appear that I am already in trouble as the gendarmes were present in your picture. Never fear,,,they were just asking directions to the local "Tim Hortons" . :wink:.........Bill S

Ghost
07-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Here is the winner & and his competition.:kingme::kingme::kingme::kingme:

Wow that baby's pretty.

As for the party barge, what would Thor Heyerdahl say? Ack! Eww! Ack! Eww.

smidgen too
07-21-2009, 06:14 PM
-------Thanks Mark,,,That party barge was in a different class or I would have been in trouble. If you look closely, it may appear that I am already in trouble as the gendarmes were present in your picture. Never fear,,,they were just asking directions to the local "Tim Hortons" . :wink:.........Bill S
I don't know:eek: it looks like they told you to empty your pockets.:eek: One Adam 12 see the man.:rofl:

olredalert
07-21-2009, 07:52 PM
------Scott,,,Mr.Bill just seemed so right :wink: !!! Funny part is that not a whole lot of people remember the skits. Im already sick and tired of splainin. A guy started talking to me about the Fino at this show and then disappeared for about 20 minutes and came back with a stuffed Mr.Bill and gave him to me. I now have a new mascot :bonk: ........Bill S

MOP
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Best of luck Bill, great boat and a great thread loads of great info. I have been lurking and enjoying:wink:

smidgen too
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
------Scott,,,Mr.Bill just seemed so right :wink: !!! Funny part is that not a whole lot of people remember the skits. Im already sick and tired of splainin. A guy started talking to me about the Fino at this show and then disappeared for about 20 minutes and came back with a stuffed Mr.Bill and gave him to me. I now have a new mascot :bonk: ........Bill S

Witch one is the stuffed Mr Bill :rolleyes:????????

yvr
06-10-2010, 12:06 AM
I think these Finos are absolutely beautiful, and I'm thinking seriously about taking the plunge if I can find the right one.

There are a few for sale right now, including the brown one in the Lake of the Ozarks and a red one in the Chicago area. I'd love to get a better sense of the condition and integrity of these particular boats before investing in a $$$ road trip to check them out. Has anyone on the boards seen either of these two boats in person, or know someone who has? The fact that the brown one seems to have been for sale for many years is somewhat concerning... Any help would be appreciated! Sean

yvr
06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Also, if anyone has Bill (olredalert)'s email address or some other means of contacting him I would love to ask him some questions about his Fino. Please PM me. Many thanks, Sean

MDonziM
06-13-2010, 07:28 AM
WOW. What a beauty! Congratulations Bill, she looks to be in great shape. I had only seen a couple pics of finos before and didnt know all their history. Is there a v-berth forward?

Marshall

lars
06-13-2010, 03:57 PM
:wink:
Brochure photos from earlier link and a couple of a 1973.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=370300&postcount=18

72Hornet
07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I have enjoyed this thread immensly. As for many on this board, it would be my dream to someday own a Fino. Call me crazy, but I believe I have seen a Fino with surface piercing drives. Arnesons by chance? Does this seem possible or did someone do a modification and add that style of drive?

yvr
08-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi 72Hornet,

Can't assist on your question about surface piercing drives, but I have some updates to the thread.

Over the past several months I've been pursuing the purchase of a Fino, and have been out to see all six that I know to be for sale.
As of yesterday, I reached a deal(!) on a beautifully restored Claret Red 1970 Fino currently located on Lake St. Clair in Detroit (to build some suspense, I will return to that below...).
Also, I should first note that I have amassed a bunch of information and pictures (much more than I will clog this thread with) but if anyone wants more information about any of the boats I've seen, please feel free to email me (I don't check PMs on this board) and I will be happy to share whatever else I can.
The following posts are a summary of what I've seen in my travels.

1. Red 1970 Fino in Chicago: Currently listed for sale by Pier 11 Marina in Chicago and advertised on yachtworld.com. Owner is renown octogenarian drag racer Chris "The Golden Greek" Karamasines. Chrysler 440s (bored and stroked to 496s by Chris' mechanics). This boat is in rough shape, despite what the broker selling it might tell you. (Unfortunately it cost me a visit to Chicago to find this out). It is really only a candidate for a full-on restoration:

Pics attached:

yvr
08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
2. The "Anahita III", a brown 1973 Fino currently located at Lake of the Ozarks: This boat, as noted in other posts, has been for sale for some time. (I looked in the broker's folder and it has been listed on and off by different brokers since 2001, listed as high as $119k).
This boat is the most original Fino I saw, is in nice condition and has been very carefully maintained. It has spent its entire life in fresh water, and the last 20 years on a covered lift.
I am told it was on the floor at the 1972 Miami boat show, where it was purchased by a very wealthy individual and delivered directly to the Lake of the Ozarks. In the late 1980's it was having some extensive repair work at a marina, when the owner (having fallen on hard times) ran out of money and was unable to complete the work. The current owner came along, fell in love with the boat and purchased it. He has owned it ever since.
In or around that time (89-91 or thereabouts) he completed some extensive work, which included having the drives pulled and sent to Walter to be rebuilt, the motors pulled and rebuilt, the vee-berth was redone, wood refinished, etc.
The fuel tanks were also replaced (they are saddle tanks, laid on top of one another), which on these boats requires taking up the floor. I spoke to the mechanic that did this work, and he said that the tanks were surrounded by foam which trapped moisture against them, causing the corrosion. Something to watch for if you're looking at these boats.
This boat has never been repainted (other than a small hull repair) and has, among other things, its original interior (though this has deteriorated somewhat, one of the few significant faults on this boat) the original steering wheel, original gauges (though the original push-button transmission controls have been replaced with Morse controls), original canvas, even the original burgee!
This boat also has the rare bimini well with snap on cover that is discussed in other threads. It also has some relatively minor bubbling in the foredeck, which was common to several of the boats I saw.
There are numerous pics of this boat online, but here are a few I snapped in person (plus a nice sideview pic the seller provided to me):

yvr
08-08-2010, 05:26 PM
A few more pics of the Ozarks Fino...

yvr
08-08-2010, 07:37 PM
And here's a May, 1970 Motor Boating magazine article on the Fino that I don't think has been posted elsewhere on this site....

lars
08-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Impressive to see that You touched all six available for sale Sean. We Donzi fans end up talking about Don Aronow's good friend Bobby Rautbord's Fino creation at every possible opportunity.I'm a sucker for the Fino design and now have great expectations to read about Your buying adventure and see Your new beauty.

yvr
08-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Hi Lars (and others),

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread- life sometimes has a way of interfering! Not to mention that much of this week has also been spent dealing with the new Fino, trying to orchestrate a trailer purchase, coordinate some minor repairs, get it prep'd for shipping, arrange transportation, insurance, etc. - all from 2,500 miles away...

Anyway, the next boat I saw was the so-called 1975 that is currently for sale in Seattle: http://www.crowsnestyachts.com/listings/brokerage/30-Fino-Runabout-1975.html.

The current owner is a boat broker. Although I'm not aware of any Fino being made after 1973, he advised he believes it's a 1975 because that is what's on the title. This Fino has had a considerable amount of work performed on it, primarily in the mid-1990s. Unfortunately, it was only about 80-90% completed, and isn't quite sorted out. It's been re-powered with Merc 454s, but I immediately noticed that for some reason the motors were mounted further forward than in other Finos. The owner advised that it does ride a bit bow-heavy, and that he's considered relocating the batteries aft of the motors to try to adjust the trim. The hull has been repainted a nice blue, and the deck a slightly-off white. There is some extensive teak work that has been done (but not finished), particularly in the forward berth as well as the entire gunwale (also replaced with teak). The dash and steering wheel have been replaced- the latter being an unfortunate "upgrade", because the original wood and chrome Fino steering wheels look better than any of the replacements I saw. The windshield is also a fabricated replacement (apparently very expensive), but which doesn't quite fit right. Pretty nice looking overall, but this boat will need a fair amount of fussing over to get it sorted out.

Apparently this boat has spent some time at Lake Tahoe as well, along with one of Yadvish's reproductions.

yvr
08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
A few weeks later, I returned to Seattle to see both of the Yadvish (Northcoast Yacht) reproductions. Overall, I was quite impressed with both the quality and the faithfulness to the original design.

The first one, pictured below moored on Lake Union, was completed in or around 2000. Fit and finish was very good overall, and looked very nice for a 10 year old boat. If I had to fault it, I would say the windshield, although it scores points for being both burly and real glass, maybe looks a little too modern for my taste. There was also some areas at the base of the windshield where the fit wasn't precise. Not a huge problem, but for the kind of money being asked for these boats I expected perfection, or close to it. I also think the round deck vents on the original Finos look good, in addition to being functional. These were deleted on Yadvish's boats for some reason. And of course the original Fino siren, though copied to a certain extent, is sorely missed.

This boat is powered by 496s, and is running Walter vee-drives in the same configuration as the original Finos.

yvr
08-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Pics below

yvr
08-20-2010, 01:34 AM
note the trim tabs... and a pretty nice brochure...

yvr
08-20-2010, 02:05 AM
That same afternoon I visited the Northwest Yachts yard and had the chance to meet Stephen Yadvish and have a look at the newest Fino in the world, his 2006.

This boat was beautiful. He stressed that a TON of man-hours had been spent on this project, trying to get these boats just right. Obviously there's a lot more technology in these new Finos- vinylester, imron, hydraulic steering, ultra leather interior, carbon fibre dash, livorsi controls... the list goes on and on.

He also pointed out several of the tweaks he had made between his 2000 and the 2006. These included reworked drives (not Walters) that allowed him to both reduce the drive shaft angle, resulting in approximately 8 mph increase in top speed, as well as having the added benefit of freeing up a lot of space in the forward portion of engine compartment. He wants to do another Fino and has played with the idea of enlarging the passenger area (which he could do, because of course it was the vee drives under the aft bench that restricted the size of the original). The 2006 is running 502s.

There were also some modifications to the hull at the stern, which you can see in the pictures below. Note for example the recessed trim tabs.

He also pointed out that the seatback drop-down trays reappeared in his 2006- he had deleted them in the 2000 as a cost-saving measure (due to the complexity of fabricating them).

There has been some discussion on these boards about the fate of the original Fino molds. Yadvish confirmed that he did obtain them, but that they were in such poor shape that he was unable to use them. In the end, he got hold of an old Fino hull and created the molds for his boats from that. Incidentally that hull was destroyed in that process, so we know for certain there is one less original Fino around.

LKSD
08-20-2010, 06:20 AM
I think at one time Yadvish got ahold of an Apache & did something with redoing that hull too..

ANyway.. The Fino lines are just awesome.. :) I wish I could find one & had the time to do another project of my own. :) J

lars
09-16-2010, 02:57 AM
To start with I'd like to thank You Sean for the update on available Fino's and the wonderful photos.

Since J mentioned Yadvish fantastic Apache 41' re-creation, (41 Legend), 'White Lightning' I got to post a few videos of the boat. This boat is one of my absolute favorite offshore performance boats :yes:

Video links;

A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmE3VB8IfY

B. http://www.vimeo.com/5281383

C. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4p1LlboHQ4

D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5jv_Hd128&feature=related

E. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8DVPoiIH-E&feature=related

osur866
09-16-2010, 04:29 AM
I've seen "white lighting" several times at LOTO and boat runs really well, Steve

Cig35Mistress
09-17-2010, 02:50 AM
There was a 30' Fino project boat that popped up on eBay at some point a while back, out of New Hampshire - I believe at Fay's Boat Yard in Gilford. I've made numerous attempts at locating it, unsuccessfully. Does anyone know its whereabouts now, or whether it may still be for sale?

Harry

DZYachting
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi all my boss has a fino and we are getting a trailer for it so we can move it north and south with the seasons. In trying to get a trailer estimate I was wondering if any one of you might know the all up weight when trailering one of these beauties thanks for any info

Ghost
09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
To start with I'd like to thank You Sean for the update on available Fino's and the wonderful photos.

Ditto that! This was the single best report on nationwide availability of any model I've ever seen by anyone. Kudos. We should all aspire to this.

Mike

Greg Guimond
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
x3 ...very interesting and informative read on a super special boat !

yvr
11-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Sorry for the lengthy absence, and thanks for the encouraging words!

So of course the boat I haven't posted (yet) is the one I ultimately bought. But before I get to that, I need to acknowledge Bill Stephenson (olredalert) to whom I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude. I tracked Bill down through this site after seeing his posts about his Fino in order to get some advice about these boats, and he was only too willing to oblige. He has accumulated a lot of information about the Fino's history, and he patiently shared it with me by phone and by email over the past spring and summer.

And, in a great bit of coincidence, it was Bill that ultimately connected me to the seller that I bought my Fino from...

yvr
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I had come across some photos of a 1970 Fino restoration project on the website of RCS Yacht Refinishers in Michigan. I contacted Ryan Smith at RCS, and not only did he also share a bunch about the project but he also kindly mailed me a DVD with 250+ photos detailing the work he had done, as well as of a second powder blue hull he still has (both are on his website: www.mackinacseaplanes.com/rcsyacht-3/projects.htm). Ryan's work is amazing (more on that below) and I spent a lot of time drooling over those pictures.

Bill also knew the boat, as he had seen it and met the owner at an antique boat show the previous year. When Bill bumped into him again this summer, he mentioned he was thinking about selling it. Bill let me know, and I couldn't believe my luck that this boat had come available! He connected the two of us, and a week later I was heading to Detroit.

yvr
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
The previous owner had this boat for approx 20 years. Four years ago or so, it went into RCS for paint-work, and they discovered rot in the stringers. Things snowballed from there, and the result was the complete restoration project below:

yvr
11-19-2010, 11:30 PM
a few more pics...

yvr
11-19-2010, 11:47 PM
and a few more, including just prior to the maiden, moored at Lake St. Clair, and on the trailer just after it arrived here in Vancouver, BC...

yvr
11-19-2010, 11:57 PM
last one...

lars
11-20-2010, 01:35 AM
"Don't follow Your dreams. Hunt them down."

I'm so pleased to see what Your hunt brought about Sean. Can't say I'm surprised though. All the good guys have a tendency to come out of the woodwork when they spot an honest, humble enthusiast who could need a helping hand or be pointed in the right direction.

yvr
11-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Thanks Lars! It certainly felt a "hunt"...

To round out the Finos I found, attached is a pic of Ryan's blue hull (he has done some glass work on it since, but it is still a project waiting to happen) as well as a red Fino that was for sale in Florida a little while back. Bill S. went out and saw it, but unfortunately it has extensive termite damage in the stringers.

Ghost
11-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Yours looks absolutely stunning.

yvr
11-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks Mike. I can't say enough good things about Ryan at RCS. His workmanship and attention to detail is superb,and this thing was his baby. He did a few things on the boat for me before I shipped it out, and even the care he took in prepping it for transport was beyond the pale- when I removed the shrink wrap I found he'd taped off every inch of rail, wrapped all the wood in pipe insulation, padded all contact points... you get the picture!

thatgirl
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
------it was the red one available in fla., and i will hopefully be bringing it over to the reunion with as many friends as i can jam on board!!! Give me a call, mark, if you are up for it. Ill need al the help i can get. Theres a bit of a learning curve that will be necessary on this one. Its the only red one i have come across but the former owner says there was one other one. Then he took me about a mile from his shop and showed me another maroon one that was originally rigged with twin trs set-ups. It was supposedly built for magnum owner, fino originator, and offshore racer bobby rautbord, but is now just a stripped out hull, unfortunatly.......bill shi i know the fino with the trs drives because i bought it in 1986 or87 from bob s the owner of apache.i was a dealer in 1985 and he took it in on trade from bobby rautbord he built him a 33 apache center console.the fino had twin 485 c&g race moters that were staggered with trs drives.being a fino lover since i first saw it at miami boat show in 1971 i just had to have it. The boat was originly blue and white and i had hull sides painted at my marina red.i then took it down to the keys with a buddy who i sold my 1966 26 foot riva super aquarama to.i hate to say it but the fino with the out drives ran like ****. It only had two speeds idle or full throtal. If you try to power down it would cavitate and lose its plane. I was so disappointed in the performance that when i returned from keys to my place in pompano beach i sold it to a friend by the name of allan kind who owned a exotic car dealer by the name of the cvandy store. He took it to his shop striped it and to my knowlage still has it. The v drive boats run awsom .they are bullet proof and can take any thing you can throw at them. Good luck with your boat i love to see dreams come true.if you can let me know of others i would appreciate it thank you anthony galgano

Greg Guimond
11-21-2010, 08:40 PM
and a few more, including just prior to the maiden, moored at Lake St. Clair, and on the trailer just after it arrived here in Vancouver, BC...

AMAZING workmanship! Nice to see that kind of save and restore......best of luck, those lines are special :yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
11-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Great looking boat. Also interesting information on the drives vs inboard performance. Bill

Craig S
11-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Wow!!!:nilly:

yvr
05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I notice that the Chicago broker selling Karamasines' Fino (the red one) has added some pictures to his listing, and in a few of them you can see a green Fino beside it. Does anybody know anything about that boat? Its history, condition, equipment?

olredalert
05-22-2011, 05:09 PM
----Sean,,,That Fino looks a bit green but is actually black. I do know the owner,,,have known him for close to 30 years since I lived in the Chicago area. I actually didnt know he owned this Fino though until about 4 years ago. Its a nice one as he has always maintained it. Id like to see it in person sometime though.......Bill S

silverghost
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Did anyone ever buy & restore that old I/O twin-engine Fino that was sitting for years abandoned & partially stripped ?
It was in Florida I believe ?
I think it had once belonged to Bobby the Fino Boat Co. Owner/Founder/Builder.
I think it was the only I/O Fino ever built ?
Let's hope someone is now doing the right thing and restoring that fine old Fino hull.

I'll take a Fino or Riva any day.
Boats with real Class & Style.

smidgen too
05-22-2011, 10:11 PM
----Sean,,,That Fino looks a bit green but is actually black. I do know the owner,,,have known him for close to 30 years since I lived in the Chicago area. I actually didnt know he owned this Fino though until about 4 years ago. Its a nice one as he has always maintained it. Id like to see it in person sometime though.......Bill S
Bill when are we going to see your newly restored Fino ?????? And All you were goiing to do was a little tune up on her....:nilly:I know she is a 10 now..:yes:

smidgen too
08-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Here are some spy shots of Mr Bill's Fino in the final stages of the restoration at the paint shop.

smidgen too
08-10-2011, 11:57 PM
A few more pic's of the sides & bottom that are done. The pic's dont do it justice, the colors almost match Bills Donzi, now on to the deck.

olredalert
08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
----Thanks so much for posting the pics, Mark. What a monumental job its turned out to be........Bill S

Greg Guimond
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
olredalert, you own one special hull, thanks for posting some updates, the lines are truly amazing :yes:

adamsimms
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
just read all the posts on the Fino. its a beautiful boat. any further thoughts on the one out of the Ozarks. i love the lines and was thinking about buying it. Any concerns about the boat. any idea what would be a fair price?

Adam

silverghost
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
It's seems a bit odd that the partially stripped twin I/O Fino hull, (now drive & engineless), that has been sitting almost abandoned for some years now has not been snapped-up by some colletor/restorer.
It was said to have once been the Fino Owner/Builder's (Bobby R.) own personal Fino.
I had heard that this boat has some serious interior & structural termite damage.
I have not inspected the boat first hand to confirm this however~
It has also been said that the twin I/O style Fino did not ride & plane as nearly well as the conventional straight inboard style V-drives on most other Fino boats.

The Fino boats sure has some of the most attractive lines of any boat I have ever seen.
The Fino reminds me of the great & much sought after Riva boats.

olredalert
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
----Adam,,,At this time the Ozarks Fino is probably the most original Fino around, and I pretty much know where all the existing ones are (am always lookin for another). Its a nice Fino that is sort of a time warp, but your interest should be based on what you want to end up with. Be aware that the Chrysler engines were the base powertrains. I dont know of any other Finos that are currently being "used" that are so powered. Re-powering is obviously expensive. Doubley so as you pretty much need everything to step up to big-block GM power, as most of the originals were.

----The factory installed V-drives are pretty noisy too so you may choose to step up to some quieter units, so mo moola, mo moola, etc. The cost of the rigging just depends on the hourly rate and how much the shop will probably cheat on the hours.

----As well,,,I found out the hard way that my stringers were basicly hollow. Thanks to the guys at Sunsation, I had new stringers installed that will last as long as I live anyway. I dont know of a Fino out there that has been restored that hasnt had rot in the stringers. The fiberglass around the stringers is so thick that if it wasnt for the motor mounts I wouldnt have re-done them though!!! Wish I could pinpoint just how the water wicked in.

----I dont know what # in production the Ozark boat is but if its an early boat the fuel tanks will be towards the stern on either side of the motors. Somewhere around the 7th boat they changed to two tanks under the cockpit for balance reasons. Those early boats were stern heavy and I have been told by one of the original riggers that they handled badly.

----With the bad stuff (probably not all the bad stuff) out of the way, there were only 30 original Finos built. There may be as many as 20 left, but far fewer currently being used. Most of the unrestored or original boats have restos planned, but it takes a bit of faith to jump in to the money pit, so to speak. I feel like its a privelege to own one. It is, in my eyes, the most beautiful fiberglass boat boat ever built in the U.S., and I have been a DONZI nut since somewhere around 1965.

----If you want to get a bit deeper than this, give me a call at 810-420-0431 in the evening. Hope this helps. always looking for people as crazy as mee to get involved in the Fino world!!!......Bill S

olredalert
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
----So,,,SG,,,With all that you have noted about this one of a kind Fino it seems that you have answered your own question. I know precisely where that Fino is and know what it can be bought for as well as what is missing off the boat. Based on that knowledge (that other people can find out pretty easily) you can extrapolate out to the end......Its just too much of a project for pretty much anyone with a brain. There may come a day when the amounts and values change to make things a bit more viable, but it sure isnt NOW!!!.....Bill S

smidgen too
01-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Damn Bill thats the most I seen you write about a boat ever. :eek!: Tell us how you realy fell about restoring a Fino. :nilly: Here a few more spy shots of Bills Fino.

olredalert
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
----Hey Mark,,,I can use these two fingers when I have to. You know better than most that a Fino is not a restoration to be taken lightly. Adam should know just what he might be getting in to. And,,,with that said I hope he joins the fun. Every time I look at mine Im more than proud to be the current caretaker. Just because fiberglass came after wood in the boating world doesnt mean they are any less important. H ell, I think that boats designed as fiberglass boats are more ground breaking design wise than wood boats,,, but certainly no less beautiful......Bill s

yvr
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I agree with Bill S's comments about the Ozarks Fino - it is very original (other than the shelving unit that replaced the sink/head, which the owner still has) but whether it is a good buy or not depends what you want to end up with. If it's going to be a Sunday driver, and you don't mind fussing with things, you might opt to keep it as is. If you want the boat to be more headache-free, it will need some work. Those 440s have been rebuilt once, but will need work or replacing in the not too distant future. All of the wiring is original. The stringers, as Bill says, are almost certainly compromised. As for the gas tanks, they are under the cabinsole and have been replaced, so that is a plus. The hull is in very nice shape considering its age, and personally I think the brown looks pretty cool considering its vintage. There is, as I mentioned in a previous post, some fiberglass bubbling in the deck, although you could probably live with this. It needs to be re-upholstered.

For me, I've gone the opposite direction, opting to make my Fino more user-friendly by introducing some modern technology. Last winter I replaced the original 427s with EFI 502s. These were built for me by Alex Haxby (see attached, finished in Claret Red to match the hull). This winter, we are replacing the original Walter vee drives with ZF drives for smoother, quieter and better low-speed operation, and to get a more optimal gear ratio (the 502s at 505hp/side were too much motor for the original gearing- we tried 4 or 5 different props but still couldn't get enough prop in the water). Irrational? Perhaps. But I feel the same way as Bill- to my mind this is the nicest looking fiberglass boat ever built in North America, and I plan on enjoying it for a long time!

I'm also happy to chat in more detail about the Ozarks Fino- if you're interested, PM me.

Sean

silverghost
01-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Guys~
I don't know what the current asking price is for the stripped twin I/O Fino project ?
It may be that it's current owner has unrealistic expectations ?
That said~~~
It's still a Fino.
And as you stated there are only a few original boats out there that are for sale, or still exist, as it was a very low production boat originally.
How many did the newer Fino company actually build ?
Restoring it might just be a labor of love today; from a money & time standpoint.
There might however be someone out there who is willing to spend the time and ,insane money, necessary to restore it some day.
I suspect so~~~
But~
Given what similar style Riva boats are selling for today I would think that sooner, or later , it mght be a great project for just the right owner/end user.
If one were to tear into this project might it be possible to convert it to inboard V-drive configuration ~~~
Or if you were to restore it would you keep it in it's original I/O configuration ?
I would really like to see someone save this rare Fino hull.
If I could buy this hull for a fair price I would consider buying her.
The restoration cost would not really matter~~~as it would be a labor of love for me.
I have spent insane money on Antique & full Cassic auto restorations before.
My 1926 Springfield Rolls~Royce Silver Ghost is an example of this.
But~~~
It IS a rare One-Of-A-Kind custom 1926 salon show car Wimbledon Coupe' body style.
So how much is too much to spend ?

What is the current Fino owner asking for this rare & partially stripped project twin I/O Fino boat ?

Ghost
01-05-2012, 04:42 AM
http://yachtbroker.escapeartist.com/boats/action/view/boat/19/index.html

Brad, it says "69,900 firm" on this particular ad, which I think has been sitting there for at least 5 years. I have no idea what the owner would take by now. I'd think half that was closer to market value than the asking price. I presume you've seen the thread with Oldredalert's world's greatest summary of any rare model's used market. It has about half a page of useful detail on each of the known Fino 30s in the USA. I think that was what he was referring to a couple posts up about information being easily available to us here, or something along those lines.

Greg Guimond
01-05-2012, 07:00 AM
I still say that economics are out the window when it comes to a Fino. You buy it because the lines may be the nicest ever and then passion drives the restoration. Passion needs to override logic unlike other boats :yes:

olredalert
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
----Ghost,,,That price has remained firm, as far as I know. Thats the Ozarks boat. The boat that was built with TRS drives is in south east Florida completely stripped out and mostly uncovered at a storage yard. When I say stripped, its even missing its windshield which is a major blow to the value. And,,,as stated earlier up in this thread the boat handled badly, and because of the drives, it also didnt have the beautiful stern and built in swim platform of the V-drive Finos. All in all, a rare boat for sure, but collectable.....not to me!

----Greg,,,Thanks for the kind comments. I was misled by the former owner about the condition of my boat when I bought it. Boy, do I regret calling him a great guy earlier in this thread. I would have bought the boat anyway but would have made a much greater effort to beat the price down. At the time my Fino was the best of the few out there that could be bought. In hindsight, the termite ridden one in Ft Lauderdale at app. $40,000 less than what I paid might have been a better choice. I bought mine with the idea of just updating a few things per year over a period of years, but when we found out all that was needed I dug in and decided to "git-er-dun"!!!.......Bill S

smidgen too
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
[git-er-dun"] YES YOU DID!!!!, and then some. Pictures dont do Bills Fino justice.:yes: Mark

tom rockstroh
01-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Anybody know the scoop on this one, Is this one rebuildable? I owned a 73' W/MERCS. and am thinking about looking at this one as a project. Chryslers will have to go. We changed one from Chryslers to BB chevys on a 1970 Fino in Annapolis and it was Fast for the time.

tom rockstroh
01-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Here's Mine in May 81.69534

tom rockstroh
01-07-2012, 01:47 PM

olredalert
01-07-2012, 05:33 PM
----Tom,,,YVR saw that Fino in person and I believe he had a bit to say about it earlier in this thread. It needs a bunch, but is the cheapest one available. With the Chris Karamasines connection it does sort of have a relatively famous owner. I havent seen the termite ridden one from Lauderdale on any for-sale sights in quite awhile, so dont know if its available or not. That boat when I saw it 3 years ago had absolutely fresh Mercruiser power and a new teak floor and new tanks (I think). At the time I saw it I was scared about the termites enough not to buy it. Dont know what I would do now that I know a bit more.......Bill S

Ghost
01-07-2012, 08:12 PM
That looks like the Fino I saw once in Annapolis harbor, before I even knew what a Fino was.

And maybe my eyes are kidding me, but I would swear I recognize that piece of water...

tom rockstroh
01-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Her she is nosed up on Ski island on the Severn.Ghost, You are right on with where the photo was taken,getting up on a plane after the 6 MPH area.69565

tom rockstroh
01-08-2012, 11:24 AM

tom rockstroh
01-08-2012, 11:29 AM

tom rockstroh
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Mine was a 73' and was a heavy boat, She had A/C, Generator, Halon system, Big batterie charger and if you look at the engine photo, You can see (2) 8-D Batteries (Construction Equip Type) between the engines as well. One other Fino was around on the Severn owner by a Lawyer, His was a Chrysler boat (1970) converted to BBC 454's, No a/c, Gen, and with Std batteries and aluminum manifolds and was Powder Blue in color. His boat was much faster than mine by at least 5MPH or more.

Ghost
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Just noticed the name as I was going back through these--somebody an astronomer?

tom rockstroh
01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Ghost,Your probably right, The boat was originally purchased by a man in DC named Byron and his company was Byron Motion Pictures. He bought it new out of the Ny boat show. He named it Questar which I though was cool so I left it alone. Questar IS a camera lense company that I think he was involved with.I'm sure that's where the name came from.

yvr
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Tom,

Thanks for sharing those additional pics of your '73.

You asked about the boat in Chicago- it is Rough shape, with a capital "R". Poor non-original paint, lots of bubbling 'glass, filthy bilge, woodwork in terrible shape, milky windshield, trashed non-original upholstery... you get the picture. It's really only a candidate for a complete restoration.

As for pricing on the Ozarks Fino, I was back and forth with the owner several times after I saw it. That was some time ago now, but I expect there's some room to move on that "$69.9k firm" asking price - I'd guess at least $10-$20k. Note it doesn't have a trailer.

There is also the option of the hull that Ryan at RCS has: http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/. A lot of prepwork has already been done on it. The only hitch is that he wants to do the restoration for any purchaser. His workmanship is very good, but he's very busy so a buyer would have to be patient and realistically expect to wait a couple of years for him to complete the project. Not to mention fork over a lot of cash. But they would wind up with a really sweet finished product.

I should also mention the 2000 Yadfish Fino is "sort of" for sale. The boat broker who owns the so-called '75 in Seattle was trying to sell the 2000 on behalf of its owner for $150k.

Sean

thatgirl
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
i bought bobbys fino in 1986 from bobby sicenti builder of the 22 appace scout and the 33 center consoul .he took it on trade for a new 33 i was a dealer for him then and was offered the boat in witch i jumped on. it was a babby blue color and had twin big block cheveys with stagered motors with a jack shaft. i have ridden in a few finos with the v drives and let me tell you the one i bought with the out drives ran like **** it had no mid range cruise you had to be balls to the wall or it would just cavitate and burn gas . i took it from my marina in pompanp beach to gilberts in key largo on my first run followed by my friend that i just sold my 26 super aqurama riva to because i could not keep up with the matince of a wood hull in sunny fl. i could not keep up with him.i then painted the boat red and put a pair of 330 mercs hopping to have a nice boat that had some mid range power but was not happy with it. i then sold it to a friend of mine named alan kind who then owend the candy store in pompano beach fl. an exotic car lot for $15,000.00 a gift. to my knowlage he still has the boat but it is totaly striped out.and is still siting.i have been in a few finos with the v drives as well as steves new fino and they ride as well as my riva if not better.i would love to find one with the v drives because i think the boat screams class act good luck with it and enjoy [ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

smidgen too
01-12-2012, 10:42 AM
[There is also the option of the hull that Ryan at RCS has: http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/ (http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/). A lot of prepwork has already been done on it. The only hitch is that he wants to do the restoration for any purchaser. His workmanship is very good, but he's very busy so a buyer would have to be patient and realistically expect to wait a couple of years for him to complete the project. Not to mention fork over a lot of cash. But they would wind up with a really sweet finished product.]

This blue Fino sat for years in Emerald Citys Harbor grave yard along with this 28' Bertram Baron & this 19' Sutphen. It's good to see that these boats are being saved. The Sutphen is now being restored by detroitdonzi , & the Bertram is being restored by captaintyler both on this site. :clap:

olredalert
01-14-2012, 12:45 PM
----I found out a couple of days ago that the Lotto Fino was sold a while back, and may possibly be sold again in the near future. I wish the possible new owner the best of luck with it......Bill S

googuyckb
01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

hope she will get fixed up as nice as your GT

googuyckb
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM

RCS Yacht Refinishers does some beautiful work. If anyone is going to have work done on a Fino / that is where it should be done.

googuyckb
01-26-2012, 10:21 AM

You are very fortunate
to have such a work of Art!!

smidgen too
01-31-2012, 12:41 AM
A few more updated pic's of Bill's restoration. :beer:

Craig S
01-31-2012, 11:09 AM
nice!

bertsboat
03-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Interesting ITEM ON THE BAY.
I love Fino too !!!!!!
When I was a teenager I was friends with Kendal Dinkler. Her Mom was a real
cool Lady. They had a house out on Stiltsville, out in Biscayne Bay. I am sure you guys know what that is. Anyway, They had a baby blue Fino and I remember the day we went out to the Stiltsville house. A bunch of us. What a fun trip. One that I will not soon forget.
And the parties at the Palm Bay Club. Ahhhh, the good old days.
The Racket Club Sunday brunch. Any one remember that?
All the lobster you could eat !!!
And Dave Craig s ski school on the 79 street causeway.
Am I getting to anybody??

BUIZILLA
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Connie Dinkler?

nah, never met her

I plead the 5th....

olredalert
03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
----Have been aware of the "Fino Vette" since the early 70s. This Corvette may have started life as Fino Vette, but I believe that George modified it later for a role in a movie of some sort. There are a huge number of differences between the original and this monstrosity. Original never had a chopped top nor any of the more outlandish modifications. The original, while very modified, still remained a driveable vehicle, and the dash was totally stock.Id love to find an original Fino Vette, but I think only two or three got built and this probably was one of them, until it bastardized.......Bill S

adamsimms
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Traveled to see the Fino that was in the Ozarks last week. Beautiful boat from 30 feet away. It shows it's age when you get up close. Tough call because when your doing a restoration it's hard to resist doing everything, and there is lots about this boat that is in very good shape. Tempted to buy it and just keep it original. Price is around 45,500 which seems like a fair deal. I own a boat restoration shop so will probable start at scratch and bring the boat to it's full potential, which it has plenty. I just saw one listed in Chicago, does anyone have info on that boat?

adamsimms
04-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Traveled to see the Fino that was in the Ozarks last week. Beautiful boat from 30 feet away. It shows it's age when you get up close. Tough call because when your doing a restoration it's hard to resist doing everything, and there is lots about this boat that is in very good shape. Tempted to buy it and just keep it original. Price is around 45,500 which seems like a fair deal. I own a boat restoration shop so will probable start at scratch and bring the boat to it's full potential, which it has plenty. I just saw one listed in Chicago, does anyone have info on that boat?

Ghost
04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Adam,

Somewhere here (possibly even this thread) is the best nationwide survey of existing models in history. Talks about virtually every known Fino on the recent market, in great detail, based on a lot of direct firsthand info. I can't remember which user put it all up, but maybe Oldredalert would know. A little searching should get you there if this thread isn't the one. Good luck--very cool boat.

Mike

olredalert
04-12-2012, 12:55 PM
----Adam,,, You and I spoke once before. Call me when you get a chance as I can fill your ear about that Chicago Fino. 810-420-0431......Bill S

smidgen too
04-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Here are the latest pic's of Bill's Fino that now has been totaly restored.

olredalert
04-14-2012, 10:39 PM
----Thanks Mark! Much appreciated. Will probably get it wet sometime next week to test the stuffing and rudder packing. Ill calll you tomorrow to see how your engines went......Bill S

lars
04-15-2012, 03:13 AM
("yvr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom,

Thanks for sharing those additional pics of your '73.

You asked about the boat in Chicago- it is Rough shape, with a capital "R". Poor non-original paint, lots of bubbling 'glass, filthy bilge, woodwork in terrible shape, milky windshield, trashed non-original upholstery... you get the picture. It's really only a candidate for a complete restoration.

As for pricing on the Ozarks Fino, I was back and forth with the owner several times after I saw it. That was some time ago now, but I expect there's some room to move on that "$69.9k firm" asking price - I'd guess at least $10-$20k. Note it doesn't have a trailer.

There is also the option of the hull that Ryan at RCS has: http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/. A lot of prepwork has already been done on it. The only hitch is that he wants to do the restoration for any purchaser. His workmanship is very good, but he's very busy so a buyer would have to be patient and realistically expect to wait a couple of years for him to complete the project. Not to mention fork over a lot of cash. But they would wind up with a really sweet finished product.

I should also mention the 2000 Yadfish Fino is "sort of" for sale. The boat broker who owns the so-called '75 in Seattle was trying to sell the 2000 on behalf of its owner for $150k. Sean.")

It's remarkable to see Your Fino come together Bill. Seeing the photos of it when You bought it I thought it looked stunning and didn't expect You to bring it to an even higher level. Wonderful to follow the progress.

The 2000 Yadfish Fino was for sale as low as $119,000 or maybe it was $129,000 back in 2005 when I was eyeing Finos. The lowest advertised price was in boattrader and it was listed to be at Lake Collins, CO and advertised by an owner who called himself Captain Charmoneski or something Slavic sounding like that. Look forward to see a possible resto of the brown Lake of the Ozarks Fino, Anahita and more fotage of the black one.

bertsboat
04-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Bill, That is spectacular !! I think that shade of blue is the best color for a Fino. I know your going to have a great summer in that boat. You going to have to get a Fino bat to beat all the gaukers away when you pull up to a dock. I could see you out to dinner dressed in a tux pulling up to a waterfront restaurant. That's something I always wanted to do. You have the equipment, that's for sure.
Use it well. You deserve it for a save like that. Congratulations !!!
PS: You have to have the best wife on the planet. Thank you Mrs S. Without your support this thread would have ended long ago.

olredalert
04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
-----Bert,,,You have a new fan up here in Marine City Mi. She is supportive as long as I return the same support......Bill S

smidgen too
04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Bill,, dont you have some more trees to plant & a fish pond to stock for Jan ? :D

bertsboat
04-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Bill, can we see the interior please. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance.

yvr
04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Looking GREAT, Bill. Well done! I'd love to see some photos of the interior, too. Your request for a closeup of my steering wheel makes me suspect you're hiding some things from us :) ...

Did you change out your rudders? They are definitely different than mine, and appear larger. If so, I imagine that's an improvement.

Do you take requests for pictures? :) If so, can you snap one of the light mast on the front windshield?

Last question: in an earlier post you mention a "Lotto Fino" that was recently sold. Which one is that?

Sean (YVR)

yvr
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM

Adam,

Check my posts on this thread between August - November 2010. I posted some pictures and notes about the six Finos I checked out that summer, including the one in Chicago (which is really, really rough).

Sean (YVR)

olredalert
04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
----Hi Sean,,,Bet you are about to get that freshly powered Fino wet about now, Huh??? I ened up getting a couple of pics in a roundabout way from Haxbys and the engines look great and should definetly do the job. Wondering what you did about the V-drives? How about props? I got some new 4-blades and cant, at the moment remember the brand name. They are made here in Mi. and Bill Smith (of Henry H Smith Propellors) says they will make an unbelieveable difference. He said hes sold 50 sets of them this spring so far. E-mail me your address as I still have something here for you.

----LOTO is "Lake of the Ozarks". That boat left LOTO and soon will reside in a new home. Hopefully, when the new owner is ready he will tell us all about it.

----I will get some pics of the interior today, probably. Its been covered for so long Ive forgotten what the teak looks like. No real surprizes on the steering wheel. I did find a new Nardi wheel that looks very similar to the originals but a somewhat smaller diameter, and I had the original center cap. Rudders approximate the ones that were on the boat that had been badly repaired sometime in the past. Now they are stainless. Dipped the Fino in the water two days ago to check for minor leaks and found two that have already been corrected.......Bill S

smidgen too
04-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Here are the latest pic's of Bill's Fino interior. :cool:

bertsboat
04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
luxurious, what more do I have to say.

adamsimms
06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I just took delivery of the Fino that was located in the Ozarks. Thanks for the information several of you provided me when I was looking at the boat. She seems to be in mostly original condition. Need to sort out a couple of things before taking it out on the water for the first time. Everything seems to be pretty much in working order. Next step is to decide if I should do a full resto, or just enjoy the boat for the summer.

Adam

bertsboat
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi Adam, where do you live?
Bert
And, did it come with a trailer?

adamsimms
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
We live in Napa CA. Yes it came with a trailer, only problem is its a gooseneck trailer, but probably the best set-up for towing. We will use the boat in lake Tahoe and around Northern Ca.

zelatore
06-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Hi Adam - alwasy good to have another local NorCal guy on the board. I'll be keeping an eye out for you; can't be many Finos around these parts!

adamsimms
06-05-2012, 05:23 AM
What is the best way to access weather the boat has an issue with the stringers? What would the group consider to be the ideal powertrain set-up for the Fino?

Adam

olredalert
06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
----Knocking on the stringers with a hammer is one of the ways I have always heard about. Hollow sound = no good! On the other hand, the fiberglass over the wood stringers on an original Fino is so thick who knows weather that will work or not. I suppose you could go to the extreme of drilling a few holes and then patching them if all is well. I am now to the stage where I figure that all the original Finos have stringer problems of one sort or another. I have also figured out that even if the stringer wood is soft, the glass is so thick that the wood may not need to be replaced anywhere other than the engine compartment and only there because of bolting in stuff like the motor mounts, etc.
----Finos were never designed to be speed demons. High style cruising is closer to thier intended use as far as I am concerned. If you read any of the original magazine articles about them you see a common thread that they are good for a maximum of right around 50, maybe 50+. With that said, I dont see much sense in overpowering them. Its the RPM at cruising speed thats probably more important. That does require a good bit of torque and correct selection of props. Im close to thinking that I have accomplished that, but since my new "Michigan Motorz" 454/385 hp engines are still at about 4 hours running time I havent pushed them to any extremes. M/M had two 454s to pick from and frankly, I would have picked the 330s (monetarily) but the 385s had much better internals (better cranks, pistons etc.). Id be the first to say that built 502s would be cool, but if you are only cruising around at 35-40mph it didnt seem necessary in my particular instance. I love my new 4-blade 17 inch dia. props as the boat just pops up on plane. Much better than the old 3-blades. Seems to run flatter as well. Cant wait to pour a bit of power on!!!
----the V-drives enter into the equation too as the Walters V-drives installed on all the original Finos are quite noisy. My boat had already been switched to Crusaders and they seem great, but since they arent produced any longer maybe Merc units would work. Sean may have some input on that as I believe he just updated his V-drives along with his power.
----Hope this helps, Adam........Bill S

Fino
08-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I am new to this thread but have been reading throughit all with interest

Bill your Fino is absolutely stunning.

I have just acquired a Fino 30 for a decent price and about to carry out the restoration.

It has a history but the price and deals was right!

I can so no mention of her on this forum though, she is currently dark red and white, it's been North and back to Florida where she is now.

I have a couple of questions, firstly I haven't had the chance to turn the motors, can some one tell Me if she is counter rotation?

She currently has the crusaders in with 70 hours but I am swapping out for Mpi units- much prefer injection!

The motors are good with only 70hrs and I will be selling them.

Looking into stringers this week.......... I see no sign of rot but time will tell!

Bill would it be to call you for a chat one evening for a little advice? It would be appreciated.

Will post pictures later this week.

I feel honored to own a Fino, highlight of a lifetime!!

Dale

olredalert
08-07-2012, 11:10 PM
----Dale,,,Verrrry interesting!!! Call me anytime in the evening at 810-420-0431 and we can talk "Fino". Im really interested in what serial # your new aquisition is.

----Every Fino V-drive was counter rotation from the factory. Im not sure what yours would be now but feel sure it is probably still in that configuration........Bill S

bertsboat
08-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Is this the one?? If so I may be interested in the engines before you take here out of the state.
Give me a call at 3059925388
Thanks
Bert

Fino
08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Yep that's the one!

Bert will call in the next few days, motors done 72 hours.

Bill will also call, flat out at the moment with a refit of a 145

She will be staying in state for a while, very interested in a trailer should anyone have any advice or know of one?

She is going blue and white as the new one is.

A very good friend has known the boat ad looked after it over the years, we are checking stringers tomorrow.........he rebuilt them about 15 years ago so will be interesting to see how they are.
Dale

bertsboat
08-08-2012, 08:38 PM
If you want a new trailer I have a few prices. I was going to buy a new one for my boat so I have done my home work.
Glad it is going to be saved. Lou was going to paint it to look like wood. Then he changed his mind and wanted to sell.
You going to have Lou paint her? He does super work. Good prices too.
Bert
This is my Fino at the dock a few weeks ago. Enjoy

Fino
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Yes I spoke to Jose about the wood effect, very complex though.....

Luu will be painting her, inside and out.

Yours looks sweet, why do you need new motors?

Dale

bertsboat
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Mine has 350 hours. They run good but if yours are better then I would consider changing out.
But like you, I would like to get rid of the carbs too.
Talk to you soon.
Thanks

olredalert
08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
----Dale,,,Be aware that about five years ago when owned by Craig Tafoya this Fino was riddled with termites. I wanted the boat but walked away. I do know much more about Finos today and wouldnt walk now, but the labor is still there to replace the stringers unless the job has already been done. I still congratulate you on a good buy as this boat also has a lot of good attributes even if a few bugs have had a meal or two on it.........Bill S

Fino
08-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes I know about this, I know Craig.

Some repair has been carried out but she has been stood and I am pulling the motors to take a closer look.

A good friend changed the stringers out over 15 years ago and is happy to attack it again!

He looked after the boat when she was bought new and did so for many years afterwards so he knows it well!!

Lets see how bad it is now....

Do you know anything about her motor rotation?

Thanks

Dale

olredalert
08-08-2012, 11:33 PM
----I dont know with any certainty about the rotation of your Fino, but, as I said, all the original V-drive Finos had the one counter-rotating motor........Bill S

Ghost
08-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Dale, congrats on the Fino!

I'd expect the port motor was counter-rotating. Probably better ways, but inspecting the the firing order on the distributors would likely corroborate this. The port prop in that pic looks LH to me also, which is what I'd expect with a CR v-drive inboard.

Looking forward to your progress--those things are SO cool.

Mike

adamsimms
08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Have worked through most of the bugs with the boat but still have to chase down a couple of items. for the most part the boat is in very good shape. Next step is probably to redo the upholstry over the winter. Does anyone know where I can find the tow ring that fits in the slot on the stern? it didnt have one when I bought the boat. I think I will keep the boat original for now.

Adam72595

olredalert
08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
----Got those 440/six-pack motors purring, Eh? Adam, You do, more than likely, have the most original Fino out there. Theres a lot to be said for that. I dont know what I would do down the road. Hard decision, but maybe just a sympathetic resto, just doing whats absolutely necessary.
----As for the tow ring,,,Im not sure anyone has one. Mine is long gone. They were pretty easy to loose one way or another.......Bill S

adamsimms
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
You know the boat is in such good shape that a restoration just isnt needed, and i think its pretty cool that it is for the most part original. Yes the engines were running really well excluding a rough idle at low rpms on the starboard motor, of which I am still trying to sort out. I did upgrade to new 4 blade props but havent had the boat out to test them yet. I purchased the props through Michigan propeller, he said he had provided props for several of the Fino boats out there.

Tahoe boat show is this weekend, it would be awesome to get a group of the Finos together at some point.

Adam

Fino
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Well inspection over, termites can't have been that hungry!! - Interior long gone (actually removed ages ago) but rest of the boat is pretty good.

Floor coming out, motor cover coming off, Motors and transmissions out by Monday and then good old Jose at Best marine carpentry - Bit of a Fino legend - will be carrying out his magic!

He replaced the gas tank years ago, hoping its in good health.

New Motors ordered - Bert i will call you tomorrow, i do want to sell the big blocks, with fresh water cooling etc, i just need the transmission.

Bill, can i ask if you know anything about moving the motors aft, is this a common thing to do? why would i need to do it?

Also is it worth changing the 3 blade props for the 4 blades?

Thanks

Dale

Fino
08-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Adam, you're Fino is superb, really classic style.

Could I please which props you went with? Off the shelf or custom.

Also I would like trailer, if anyone knows of one please let me know

Thanks,
Dale

adamsimms
08-13-2012, 04:41 PM
72637I went with four blade props but have not had the boat out to test them yet. if the pic doesnt give you enough info I will dig out the reciept. I have this gooseneck trailer, which is just too much, 42 ft long. probable great for long trips but i would love to sell it and get a lighter aluminum trailer if your interested in this Loadmaster trailer.

Adam72638

adamsimms
08-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Ghost
08-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Congrats, what a gorgeous ride! (I pondered buying that very Fino for a couple of years...)

adamsimms
08-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks, I now have the boat tucked in my car barn in Napa California. I have had it out a couple of timesand its a great handling, running boat.

Adam

olredalert
08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
----Dale,,,I dont know what number yours is among the 30 made but most all the Finos are very well balanced for what they are. Early boats had saddle tanks along side the motors and were badly balanced in that configuration. Some,if not all, of those were later updated. I do remember that yours has the tanks in the traditional location underneath the floor. As well,,, all the steering stuff is fairly close to the engines. I just dont know what moving the engines rearward would accomplish......Bill S

BUIZILLA
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM
pretty trick trailer

bertsboat
08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Adam, please send me an email at bertsboat@mindspring.com
Thanks in advance,
Bert

Fino
08-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Bill thanks for the info, I will leave the motors where they are.

Adam, cool trailer but not for me thanks.

With luck I think I have found the windscreen mould, if not I will be having a mould made, would anyone be interested in new screen plastic? I looked ino glass but it ain't cheap!!

Bill did you buy new glass/ plastic? If so how I'd thy make it?

Bert, any idea on the motor offer?

Thanks

Dale

olredalert
08-14-2012, 08:53 AM
----Dale,,,The windshield plexi had been redone by the former owner so I didnt need to have them made. I would possibly be interested in a spare set depending on price, but Im sort of afraid that the frames may vary in size. There are at least two different variations in the original frames. Its hard to see but there is less peak in the center of some of the frames. The frames with less peak seem to be earlier production, but I cant prove that. I seem to remember Craig showing me the original molds when I went to look at your boat with the idea of buying it. Those must be the molds you are referring to.
----Ill bet you contacted the Yadfish group about glass windshields. You have done your homework, and yes, they are very expensive!
----Im sure Bert will get back to you shortly on the motors..........Bill S

bertsboat
08-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I asked Butch about the tow ring that was supplied with your Fino and here is what he said.
" I seem to remember something like this. I think it was made from stainless steel. The ball on the end allowed it to swivel side to side for skiing. I also think we made two types. One like this, and one without a cross bar. We also gave away a Connelly slalom ski with each boat. I used to have one until my friend borrowed it "

More info we did not know from Butch.

Butch,
Thank your in advance for any other info you may like to share. Some names of people that bought a Fino new would be cool and places you went to and delivered new boats would be cool too.

bertsboat
09-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Not for profit Fino web site. We are looking to start a registry of the Fino boats that are still in use, laying in a field or under construction. Please, if anyone has a Fino or knows of one we would like to get pictures. Maybe you have some pictures or know of someone who may. We would like to hear fro anyone that was involved in the building of Finos like Butch Stokes and John Rose of Ellis Propeller. Any one know if Walt Walters is still among the living? Info like that.
Thanks in advance !!
www.finomarine.com

scgj
09-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I want one! :-)

What a beautiful boat with history.

bertsboat
09-24-2012, 09:05 PM
There is information on most of the known Fino's at www.finomarine.com
If you can help us with more pictures and information it would be appreciated.
Please have a look. The different boats are at the top, Click the pictures and they will enlarge.
Thanks

bertsboat
02-27-2013, 07:38 PM
I have enjoyed this thread immensely. As for many on this board, it would be my dream to someday own a Fino. Call me crazy, but I believe I have seen a Fino with surface piercing drives. Arnesons by chance? Does this seem possible or did someone do a modification and add that style of drive?

This is the Arneson Fino. New drives and engines are in now. Back in the H2O soon.

olredalert
05-16-2013, 08:11 AM
----Itching to get my Fino in the water for summer, but have to stretch things another week as I have a family business trip to Mass in the very near future. Wanted to get the trip done before June!!! Cant wait to get it wet again, but Ill have to watch things pretty closely this summer as water levels are loooow, and Finos (other than Berts Arnesen Fino) draw quite a bit of water.......Bill S

smidgen too
05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
[Itching to get my Fino in the water for summer, but have to stretch things another week as I have a family business trip to Mass in the very near future. Wanted to get the trip done before June!!! Cant wait to get it wet again, but Ill have to watch things pretty closely this summer as water levels are loooow, and Finos (other than Berts Arnesen Fino) draw quite a bit of water.......Bill S ]

Bill I will bring all my power boats over & we can have are own boat show in your driveway, because if the water does not come up mine will be trailer queens this summer.:boggled::boggled::boggled:

bertsboat
06-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Walt is still such a show off. Here he shows off his new Fino shirt and hat. Walt and his Wife Verna summer in Minnesota every year.

smidgen too
06-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Here is one of Mr Bill's Blue Chip Fino on the way to the St Clair antique boat show last Saturday where she won 1st place. :beer:

HallJ
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Bert,

Which part of Minnesota?

Jeff

Conquistador_del_mar
07-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Congratulations Bill - looking great there!

bertsboat
07-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Bert,

Which part of Minnesota?

Jeff

He and his wife Iverna summer in Wabasha MN
If you want his number PM me. He and his Wife
love the company. It is a pleasure to visit them.
I wish he would write a book.

bertsboat
07-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Nice flag you have there Bill! Too bad they don't make Tervis mugs to match.

olredalert
07-03-2013, 08:38 AM
----Fino flag and Tervis Tumbler Fino glasses due to THE HEAD FINO guy,,,,,,Bert. Thanks Bert! My cup runneth over.......Bill S

HallJ
07-03-2013, 07:40 PM
He and his wife Iverna summer in Wabasha MN
If you want his number PM me. He and his Wife
love the company. It is a pleasure to visit them.
I wish he would write a book.

Bert,

That is simply amazing. When I was kid, our family kept our Chris Craft Cavalier at Parkside marina in Wabasha. I will be visiting some friends on the river in Red Wing MN tomorrow. Wabasha is about another half hour south. We'll be cruising around in my friends XK19 that I believe Walt may have deigned the running surface of. I should bring the Magnum down. He would love it!

See you on lake st Clair??????

Jeff

smidgen too
10-14-2013, 09:32 AM
You know the 2013 Michigan summer boating season is over when Mr Bill's Fino is loaded onto the trailer. These pic's shot @ the St Clair Michigan city boat ramp.:frown:

bertsboat
10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
OK Mr Bill, time to match the truck with the boat, don't you think?
The season is just starting down here and I am hoping you and Mark may pay us a visit this year?!?!?!

olredalert
10-14-2013, 07:51 PM
----Bert,,,First comes the 570hp/640tq 510 cube "Tyler Crockett" pill for the Suburban. Ill consider other stuff after the repower. Got to call you but tomorrow wont be good as Im yanking boats all day. Maybe tomorrow night?.......Bill S

vciaszqm
12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Инструкции инструкция по обработке анкет (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFZEV5MFFrQkFtYms/edit?pli=1)mdvr04r u описание (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOcmc0alRPc3VRQnc/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации домашнего кинотеатра lg lh ck6530 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6WGZEaDZqTkE5emM/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации хаммер н2 2005г (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFeUdnVy1MQkFHX2c/edit?pli=1)бесплатно инструкция для slv x312 sg (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOc2Q1WTJTWXc5R00/edit?pli=1)i9 3gs инструкция в pdf (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ZvxTkCJkNoaldiVnc2amw4d0U/edit?pli=1)sigma 700 руководство (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdha2Nwb0l3OE10aGs/edit?pli=1)crj 100 руководство полетной эксплуатации (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6WVZwM25GdzNvcXM/edit?pli=1)бесплатно скачать инструкцию 502330 бесплатно (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFNGJOTkttMTBYRFE/edit?pli=1)типовые инструкции по технике безопасности в школе (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFMm84bWUxUmgxWjg/edit?pli=1)инструкция по мтс qwerty (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ZvxTkCJkNoSFNGV196VzJ6UVE/edit?pli=1)конструкция смс 2б везелица (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOY3pvZURhNDdGeHM/edit?pli=1)инструкция по применению нарусском языке 808 car keys micro camera (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKWmlMS3NaQkEyTmc/edit?pli=1)эпсон sx235w инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKdFo1T2w4TXJGNlE/edit?pli=1)как настроить la spaziale (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ZvxTkCJkNoeDNCNVBaRXQ3TDA/edit?pli=1)byd flyer руководство по эксплуатации (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKZDFDSTkyWmVZbDA/edit?pli=1)эпрекс инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKY09jMGlueXUyN3M/edit?pli=1)инструкция по установке инспектор бумеранг 2002 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFTGJ2M1hxaUpoM00/edit?pli=1)иж 54 руководство по снаряжению патронов (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOa2IwWG85RlZwcWM/edit?pli=1)должностная инструкция продовца водочных изделий (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6UDRlRDVVQ1VxbTQ/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту и эксплуатации audi ауди a4 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOMzhndEttbkVPWHc/edit?pli=1)инструкция а9191 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOT1lCbFBMTXUtcU0/edit?pli=1)c1 бухгалтерия инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKMjhIMm4tQVEyUm8/edit?pli=1)инструкция к швейной машинке aeg nm 220 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhdFM1MGhtWG80aEU/edit?pli=1)инструкция mrp 700 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKR1V5emxoZDlBOWc/edit?pli=1)инструкция на иж 26 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOLTNlV3pySktTM28/edit?pli=1)скачать бесплатно инструкцию по эксплуатации kenwood kdc w4034y (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOaExPRWdBTTRmb1k/edit?pli=1)эпам инструкция состав (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKc0hvQndqaXNTeUE/edit?pli=1)crosman powermaster 664sb инструкция скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6SktIZ0NSb2pXb2M/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации мотокультиватора крот мк 1 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOaVBEQk94SlJFTlE/edit?pli=1)эплан инструкция отзывы при aтопическом дермaтите в 3 месяцa (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKRExGNnUyb2htc1U/edit?pli=1)spy pen instructions (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFS0RKMHFobFM0SmM/edit?pli=1)www infrakar narod ru эл схема м1 01 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFcU1PbVZnREVLUDg/edit?pli=1)китайский nokia x6 мануал скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKcU9fbzctR0xnMnc/edit?pli=1)иж к15 инструкция по эксплуатации (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOYWFvTHhRTFM5cFk/edit?pli=1)инструкция на исл 401 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOYlZoRlRhUnJocFk/edit?pli=1)бесплатно эксплуатация газели (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKLTJqNVB1Rk9WZWc/edit?pli=1)должнастная инструкция хим лаборанта 2 категории (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKbzNTNVM5VzBjaTg/edit?pli=1)должная инструкция электрика (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKa05sRU04Qm11X1U/edit?pli=1)скачать инструк к i phone f073 4g (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeONHJEclM2bWwzWEk/edit?pli=1)инструкция паспорт с картинками автомагнитолы sony xr c200 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKbGZUaE1oQkhWejA/edit?pli=1)bosch wft8310 ремонт (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOMHEzUE1uZmJXQUk/edit?pli=1)iconbit380 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFRWU1ck9NVXdDRWM/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту hover h3 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKN1E2WUJlcm9rUXc/edit?pli=1)должностная инструкция бюджетная организация (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhYUNmbks5cmtkNnM/edit?pli=1)mitsubishi eclipse руководство по эксплуатации скачать бесплатно (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzS810NThDzhTlNwM0I3VWhxOTg/edit?pli=1)polar dv 1015 схема (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKWVpmTzhoM0J4cmM/edit?pli=1)настройка intego dx510 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ZvxTkCJkNoUEo4MUpKWTZCUTg/edit?pli=1)рецепты moulinex ow 6000 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdnpGcTc0Z2VwN00/edit?pli=1)инструкция к автосигнализации шерхан 4 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKMUIwejFVc2RfYWc/edit?pli=1)

vciaszqm
12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Инструкции бесплатное руководство по ремонту мерседес 190 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOazJnRUF2d0p2MkE/edit?pli=1)телевизор sharp lc 32d44ru bk руководство (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFejhOR3JCTmY1cUU/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации pioneer 5250 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6X1dlQW4wdGRBNmc/edit?pli=1)производственная инструкция по технике безопасности для несовершеннолетних (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFY2x2NmRUUzRfdUU/edit?pli=1)инструкция geo tx 8907 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeONC1qTUotblVDTXM/edit?pli=1)инструкция на zoom g2 1 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhbmswZW9aUEpqQ00/edit?pli=1)sf64t352eu инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKZ19vNVRtYndVRXc/edit?pli=1)ps 2685 схема подключения задних колонок (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFbzJJU2pCbGl6M2s/edit?pli=1)5 ez reader pocket pro руководство (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByaR1wX95EsyMjZOUk5oZ3BZU0k/edit?pli=1)должностная инструкция оператора газифицированной котельной (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFYlNJVXBsQkVpeXc/edit?pli=1)инструкция как разогнать процессор celeron e3400 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKQmlyc0hGd2JwVkU/edit?pli=1)xerox wc 3220 сервис мануал (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6WG9FQVNlVXpBRkE/edit?pli=1)парр программируемые контроллеры руководство для инженера (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOd1VxSmtZSjVPNEE/edit?pli=1)скачать инструкцию samsung yp vx1 1gb (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKbHIybkZ2NkhNWEk/edit?pli=1)инструкция к ford ranger на русском языке (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhdDhQZFd6MFNucjg/edit?pli=1)ir32z (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKcE04YTYzdlZLdUE/edit?pli=1)инструкция на ивомек (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdzZsajZCZHdvM00/edit?pli=1)видеофоны commax (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeObHdoRUwwc2E1VWs/edit?pli=1)sumsung le37c530f (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOSjNmRjkzdS1kdW8/edit?pli=1)инструкция автомагнитолы jvc kd g323 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFUzlLM2w2NE9hN0E/edit?pli=1)инженер системотехник инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOT1hBU2VFOXVtU2s/edit?pli=1)инструкция на fly ying (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFbnQ5Z0huSWVJQms/edit?pli=1)hcd gr8 инструкция на русскоь (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFbXQtdG92TWdlaVE/edit?pli=1)инструкция по перепрошивке bios gigabyte (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFSVQxdUJfSUNETEk/edit?pli=1)инструкция beko r51m e (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhdkk2VlJFRGdqZE0/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации pioneer 5850 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdha3RtbTkyYTQwY1U/edit?pli=1)камера g100 мануалы (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFamVJRUFfUFJUS28/edit?pli=1)инструкция для консъержа (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOems5LTc3clFXam8/edit?pli=1)инструкция к suzuki gsx 250 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOM19JZ3NOQ1lXUms/edit?pli=1)э парр программируемые контроллеры руководство для инженера (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKdjRLcjVmeVlnQ1E/edit?pli=1)скачать инструкцию по охране труда для кладовщика грузчика бесплатно (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOZEU2STloRkxNZEk/edit?pli=1)инструкция по сборке artex 530 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOMHZ0LWlHTjViVXM/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуотации касио aw 590 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6RXZTZG9sRHlKd1k/edit?pli=1)инструкция по применению lexus gs300 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhX1I1TWZ4Vk90dm8/edit?pli=1)инструкция сшить пальто (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKa0tjY1dlWlFFaEE/edit?pli=1)инструкция для sanyo sr s9dn (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFLUx2SklWYU5GSkU/edit?pli=1)руководство по postscript внедрить eps (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFTWNBSENVUFhzejg/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации дт 75 скачать бесплатно (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6RXF2Q04xRjdySDA/edit?pli=1)nikon coolpix s6 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzS810NThDzhTE5hdlZGbWVENTg/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту и эксплуатации bmw 5 й серии (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOaW52bldSaWRTX28/edit?pli=1)руководство по эксплуатации blaupunkt gta 270 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOeGtiUHh1aW1yRFE/edit?pli=1)корректор кн 8 к2 описание (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOc0VMSTVLN010eDg/edit?pli=1)инструкция на гигрометр психометрический (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOSWhDUGl3REVJYnM/edit?pli=1)паспорт и инструкция на невесту (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOcG5xbXVNNG9CYU0/edit?pli=1)бесплатно инструкцию lg e510 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOYmstbXN3V05mR3M/edit?pli=1)настойка элеутерокока анатация (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFMUFGZm1Wd2x3UEE/edit?pli=1)rainford инструкции (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdjdxeEFfZ182MFk/edit?pli=1)скачать руководство по эксплуатации и ремонту автомобиля уаз 469б (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhenNob1ZxbVVqbTA/edit?pli=1)hp compaq nx 6125pинструкция rus (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhcWdrX0xiOTFNejg/edit?pli=1)инструкции стиральных машин indesit 421xw (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKNUZMLWhjRXhCbU0/edit?pli=1)

vciaszqm
12-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Инструкции эпсон сх 4300 снпч установка инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKN2NSc0hmRzlEajQ/edit?pli=1)тинидозон инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6WlVHVXdsdDBTVGc/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту и эксплуотации автомобиля москвич 2140 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOcjdRNHVFVTRublU/edit?pli=1)инструкция к использованию швейной машинки singer старая (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6eHF3NDM4M3h4M3c/edit?pli=1)должная инструкция секретаря учебной части (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKRUk4ZW01d1FXcGc/edit?pli=1)adobe photoshop cs5 rus инструкция по пользованию (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKeHpOQkhvOEhBdHM/edit?pli=1)cs a9gkd инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6bXBibnNtSDJpa3c/edit?pli=1)adobe premiere 3 0 руководство (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKcHdHSG9YWEVEdGM/edit?pli=1)атлант сити люкс (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdFFLVkY2Rjg0eXM/edit?pli=1)скачать инструкцию на водонагреватель thermex er 100 v (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6NUdQa3BmZnJhLTA/edit?pli=1)pcg 61611l (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdmlvT0tPZTNXUFU/edit?pli=1)shure pgx24 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhMkZXS1BVOHR2NFE/edit?pli=1)dsl n11 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFUzlPR3VBTjU5Z0k/edit?pli=1)ирструкция к insmat (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFZ1Ridl94ancwRUU/edit?pli=1)cam suite 2 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFNzRrUWdOZTZmQkk/edit?pli=1)инструкция по заправки тк 130 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6WWlsWWFmQmZUQk0/edit?pli=1)сбербанк руководство к мобильному банку (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdha0QzbVdnMUlPYmc/edit?pli=1)инструкция по установке и настройке триколор тв (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFa0NncWNKcUdvbjQ/edit?pli=1)зу 3000 электрическая схема (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeObVFwdHp1Rzk0MUE/edit?pli=1)manual kadio kd 3805 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOeFFjbTQ1MlNoUFk/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту уаз трэкол (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhc2RzX2owWm5NcjA/edit?pli=1)chunghop rm190e tv manual (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKU3RNVTdGRTNDOVU/edit?pli=1)businessphone 250 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKaG1hZnlEVE9oclE/edit?pli=1)нокиа х6 калибровка (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKano3OTBrWWtsVlU/edit?pli=1)инструкция генератор хонда в word (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFUDhMUzF4eHE4aXM/edit?pli=1)инструкция как прошить телефон samsung gt i9100 galaxy s ii (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKWXVPRHpDc2g3aUk/edit?pli=1)ej251 замена грм (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOOGZhTDhlM09hZXc/edit?pli=1)дожностная инструкция сторож территории (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOUmhJSDl4d0tKTWs/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту диск 250 1131 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKVTdSRVNiSjFXakE/edit?pli=1)инструкция к кухонному комбайну бош мсм1235 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFU29VSzdOMU1tTUk/edit?pli=1)дожностная инструкция менеджера по продажам (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOZ3lJemowS3RDc0E/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту и эксплуотации скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOYS1kOGwwY3hfMlU/edit?pli=1)скачать ту 8543 054 0303520 92 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOYTUzczFCLWwyYjA/edit?pli=1)инструкция по пожарной безопасности в детском саду в казахстане (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhNTY5Rm9QQUxVVVE/edit?pli=1)эпоксидный клей секунда инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKV1JiNzFVLVJaYWM/edit?pli=1)скачать инструкцию по эксплуатации санг енг актион спорт (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFXzQzcTVPOU5mbkU/edit?pli=1)инструкция на иэ 6009 а4 2 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdmVsRk5DTWlRVkU/edit?pli=1)pioneer avh 6500dvd схема включения (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOQWpqUmszRC1XQzQ/edit?pli=1)инструкция по паользованию фотошопом на русском языке (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6SFpURm1RRVpRV2s/edit?pli=1)3100 02 гефест инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6aURGVXpsX0J6SlE/edit?pli=1)cvtrnf инструкция по применению (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6ZU9xbGZSRGlaQWs/edit?pli=1)инструкция как работает раскрутка сервера (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKVVZzeXFhcFh2Q0k/edit?pli=1)digma 2410 инструкция скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6Mi03aFE3N0dPcGs/edit?pli=1)nissan cd 20 дизель инструкция по ремонту скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFcVN0ZUxRbHAweG8/edit?pli=1)sharp r240 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhSzdBTFQ4MGk0S0k/edit?pli=1)хлебопечка ричардсон инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6cUxmZ3BBR3d6cm8/edit?pli=1)einhell ste 5500 инструкция про эксплуатации (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOWUt1d0VfTnpENXc/edit?pli=1)инструкция по установке душ каб hx 813m (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhVUtWX2VZVm5lTWs/edit?pli=1)иж к 16 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdHh0UVhiWnJ2aWs/edit?pli=1)авикон 02 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOZFRwdDk4S0RaZ3c/edit?pli=1)

vciaszqm
12-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Инструкции инструкция по проведение сборов с молодыми военнослужащими в частях (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhLUltX2c0WmJhVFE/edit?pli=1)дожностная инструкция слесаря сборщика (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOaC11d1BWa0JfNGM/edit?pli=1)psp 2008 инструкция пользования на русском языке (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeONHpTS3pEZnF2TTQ/edit?pli=1)trip computer инструкция бесплатно (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFdVJzNmxuYjZjeTg/edit?pli=1)онк м инструкция по эксплуатации (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOTm53M1N1SVVSdkE/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонтк санг енг кайрон (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6T3VZUHNJaU1ZQVU/edit?pli=1)adw 4401 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKSV8zYWRzZXF4Vms/edit?pli=1)бесплатное руководство по ремонту двс нисан td 27 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOc3N5UUttWE9WcEk/edit?pli=1)инструкция по охрпне труда сварщика (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6QjZtS3ZvamRuZk0/edit?pli=1)принтер сканер ксерокопия f2483 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKQnJVRzBFQjBtZmc/edit?pli=1)rowenta км5040 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhNTl4UDZIUENhNGs/edit?pli=1)инструкция джуки мо 735 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6c0NTdEkzRUkzRU0/edit?pli=1)инструкция для стиральной машины elektroluxe скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFdXBPLWR1MnpNYW8/edit?pli=1)найти инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFZkRnRFZCcUJaMW8/edit?pli=1)adobe photoshop cs6 мануал справка (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKaGxhbF9HZTlzVEE/edit?pli=1)intek 150 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFRmtYdXpqQ3Y3dEU/edit?pli=1)рецепты moulinex ow 6000 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOdnpGcTc0Z2VwN00/edit?pli=1)программы для навигатор пионер (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOR21MSXJsWTM4OVk/edit?pli=1)liebherr gn1056 инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFNDJmX3p1a3dLMms/edit?pli=1)инструкция факса самсунг (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKZlk1QS1SNmdRckk/edit?pli=1)prology at 1000 подключение (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6ZjhfbUEwZHpFME0/edit?pli=1)мануал на викинг (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKLXM2WDl3bFJybnc/edit?pli=1)инструкция освежители воздуха airwick (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhOVZ2clpCQkc0dnM/edit?pli=1)каталог инструкций canon скачать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFZmtnOWE2UnlnWG8/edit?pli=1)руководство по ремонту abf vw golf 3 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6cFR6djFfM1gtR1U/edit?pli=1)инструкция маршрутный компьютер 2112 3857010 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFWFgtM2xJeHJPMk0/edit?pli=1)вирпул awg 263 стиральная машина инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6VGNLWE1Rck9JTUU/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации газового напольного котла protherm (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKYXJQNUNzRURBckE/edit?pli=1)руководство по эксплуатации motorola c113 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOSmcxaWRleXh1X1U/edit?pli=1)инструкция по очистке посудомойки (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6XzJDeHdNdHhGcjg/edit?pli=1)касов апарати експлуатац я (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFSzdBcUFrbm1wMUU/edit?pli=1)adobe premiere pro css 5 руководство (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKWUlhcWdZTFM3Z3M/edit?pli=1)иж юпитер 6 руководство (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOd3lPTzJzOTNoMzg/edit?pli=1)схема принтера kanon 10282 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Swp1GzBXdhZXhIal9KMXZxRWs/edit?pli=1)должная инструкция техника по санитарии жкх (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKcDFDekJTbzkwT3M/edit?pli=1)руководство по php nuke 8 1 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFZ3RCbkRiV2g3aHM/edit?pli=1)breitling 1884 настройка (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFSUs1T0gwWkY1eHM/edit?pli=1)инструкция по обнулению экр 3102ф (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFOXhmLS1heWVFZ00/edit?pli=1)инструкция по установке инфракрасных извещателей (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFeVUtNjc0V3ZtalE/edit?pli=1)cs 21s8wtq инструкция (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6V0J6N3JDOGdGMzg/edit?pli=1)мазь бинбанк (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOZUpqSEVjdXg2UUE/edit?pli=1)инструкция elenberg mg 1731d читать (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOWUJEUUtzaG1HOEU/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации установок очистки (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B979j7ZRhWeOUU5ubC0xU0x4Ylk/edit?pli=1)инструкция как работать fantamorph (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKdHhSMWJSQmFQbm8/edit?pli=1)хлебопечка нордика инструкция по применению (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6VEVtUHJkT0xwVE0/edit?pli=1)инструкция по эксплуатации sound forge pro 10 0 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKdVpFaHZBQmJjYWc/edit?pli=1)скачать gv thomson edius rus (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1o33sRJf4AKX211TkJmdko2UVE/edit?pli=1)сименс wm 2107 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFenhqWkI2cEs3czA/edit?pli=1)cum on leather pants (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9uSxhOLDKc6dkZkRmd5WDJjbGs/edit?pli=1)инструкция к газовой плите гефест 3110 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5F1D6lcIHxFaGM2ZmVsODBZaTQ/edit?pli=1)

bertsboat
08-21-2017, 05:01 PM
Sean,
Here is a picture of the Fino molds.

That same afternoon I visited the Northwest Yachts yard and had the chance to meet Stephen Yadvish and have a look at the newest Fino in the world, his 2006.

This boat was beautiful. He stressed that a TON of man-hours had been spent on this project, trying to get these boats just right. Obviously there's a lot more technology in these new Finos- vinylester, imron, hydraulic steering, ultra leather interior, carbon fibre dash, livorsi controls... the list goes on and on.

He also pointed out several of the tweaks he had made between his 2000 and the 2006. These included reworked drives (not Walters) that allowed him to both reduce the drive shaft angle, resulting in approximately 8 mph increase in top speed, as well as having the added benefit of freeing up a lot of space in the forward portion of engine compartment. He wants to do another Fino and has played with the idea of enlarging the passenger area (which he could do, because of course it was the vee drives under the aft bench that restricted the size of the original). The 2006 is running 502s.

There were also some modifications to the hull at the stern, which you can see in the pictures below. Note for example the recessed trim tabs.

He also pointed out that the seatback drop-down trays reappeared in his 2006- he had deleted them in the 2000 as a cost-saving measure (due to the complexity of fabricating them).

There has been some discussion on these boards about the fate of the original Fino molds. Yadvish confirmed that he did obtain them, but that they were in such poor shape that he was unable to use them. In the end, he got hold of an old Fino hull and created the molds for his boats from that. Incidentally that hull was destroyed in that process, so we know for certain there is one less original Fino around.