PDA

View Full Version : Classic 22 Dash

Garyw1
01-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Great board, and sounds like great people, can't wait to meet some of you. And now for my question, just to the left of my steering column is a rectangular display of some sort. It's about 1 1/2 inches high by about 4 inches wide. Anyone have any idea what it is/was and are replacements still available?

MOP
01-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Can you post a pic? Some of the more knowledgeable guys may know.

Fish boy
01-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Garyw,
noticed this is your first post- welcome to the donzi registry.

From time to time, newer members have a little difficulty with the picture posting. If you get hung up, email it to me and I will put it up for you. I am sure there will be several people here that are familiar with, and will have an answer to your question.

Fish
makulaf@mindspring.com

Fish boy
01-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I found this in a brochure from that era. Is the green arrow pointing to what you are asking about? If so, it looks like it may have been a clock. Not positive, I do not have a 22, but my best guess. Hope it helps,

fish

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jstaples112.jpg

Garyw1
01-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks Fish,
:p Yep, that would be it. It's not working, well not all of it anyway, and the buttons on the side are worn smooth. Kinda has a few green lines at the top and thats all. I'd like to bring this boat back to as original as possible, well all except the engine anyway :D . Any ideas on where I might find a working one?
GW

DON N.
01-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I THOUGHT IT WAS A DEPTH FINDER ? AND I THOUGHT THE 7TH SWITCH OR CLOSEST TO THE STERRING WHEEL ACTIVATED IT ? I HAVE THE SAME THING ON MINE,1988 22'.

McGary911
01-07-2004, 04:32 PM
If it was a depth finder, It should be easy to ID. There will be a wire out of the back leading to a transducer mounted to the inside bottom of the hull. It will be mounted toward the rear, somewhere where it is not likely to have aerated water (or air) under it. Maybe the depth finder was an option, and you got a clock if you didn't get the upgrade?

Murphy
01-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Im' guessing this is a mid-80's boat?? Mine has this same module. I asked in the past if anyone knew what it was and didn't get much. During the overhaul of my boat I have pretty much ignored it, but it appears to be an engine moniter/diagnostic display. The display does look like it might also be a clock. I need to take a look at mine again, but I recall there are about 6 LCD's for temp, pressure, etc. Seriously, I couldn't figure the thing out or get it to respond to key entries from the keypad so I just quit worrying about it. I'd sure like to know more myself. I can get an up-close and personal picture over the weekend and post it if it will help.

Murph

Murphy
01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Duuuuh... you indicate it's an 86. I'm a real Rocket Scientist today. At least we're on the right track.

Murph

KMLFAMILY
01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the board. Yes,it is a clock.You can remove it and bench test with 12v to see if it works.The wire diagram is on the back of it.