PDA

View Full Version : juanita bay drowning and other police issue

miike
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
ok lets be safe out there. my buddy's 2 month old ski nautique went down last friday in the wind storm that kicked up suddenly. all survived and swam to shore. he mentioned that on another boat, there was a drowning.

please remind your friends beware of other boats in the water this summer. chop was steep on the lake in very short notice so keep in mind, just because you are on a lake doesnt mean you should let your guard down.

traffic has been heavy on the nice days.

also, another buddy in a 32 mph bayliner trophy was pulled over for racing by mercer island trip 275 patrol for running alongside his friends 70+ mph jetboat (going 32 at the time) en route to andrews bay/seward park. the ticket was not issued.

HOWARD O
06-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Lately, I'm just about to give up going out on a weekend on our river. These folks towing the tubes just have no sense whatsoever! They do their serpentine in the middle of the channel, you can't pass them and you need to slow way down to allow time if one should fall off. They seem to be oblivious to other boat traffic and rely entirely too much on the other boat driver's skill and watchful eyes. Now I just wait until dusk, most of them are on the trailers and gone by then.

Speed Racer
06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
ok lets be safe out there. my buddy's 2 month old ski nautique went down last friday in the wind storm that kicked up suddenly. all survived and swam to shore. he mentioned that on another boat, there was a drowning.

please remind your friends beware of other boats in the water this summer. chop was steep on the lake in very short notice so keep in mind, just because you are on a lake doesnt mean you should let your guard down.

traffic has been heavy on the nice days.

also, another buddy in a 32 mph bayliner trophy was pulled over for racing by mercer island trip 275 patrol for running alongside his friends 70+ mph jetboat (going 32 at the time) en route to andrews bay/seward park. the ticket was not issued.

Crazily enough, I was out there that same day, speed testing the prop on the 16.. Saw the police many times, and was doing some serious full throttle bonzai runs from the seward park ramp. I guess because we never got close to another boat, they left us alone. Heck at one point, we even wanted to drive up to them and have them take some shots of the boat at speed for us, but ... thought better of it.

We got off the water at around 5 pm, got the boat home and in the garage before the wind and rain started..

Whew!

A bad deal, but spring in Seattle brings crazy weather, and all boaters have got to be in 'safety first' mode all the time!!

chrisc2
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Guys the lake has always been littered with incompetents'. Just sit on the ramp at Kenmore on a sunday afternoon. The difference now is, the incredible level of supervision out there. Talk about overkill. It is so ridiculous to have so many people (LEO's) trying to save us from ourselves. I moved off the lake 10 years ago largely because of these 2 factors. We are over on Kitsap and happy as can be. The salt is fine...even better. Ask Lenny + the boys up north.