PDA

View Full Version : looking for an 18

gilunionhall
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM
hi guys -

i just registered at this site because i have started to look for a mid 90's donzi 18.

in that age range, are there known "trouble spots" or "problem areas" that i should look out for.

obviously, the use, care and upkeep of each boat will determine a lot - but i was hoping to pull from all of your expertise on what to look for and what to avoid.

thanks in advance for your help.

gil stouch

ps - i am not sure if this is the correct area to post this thread or not? if this is not the correct place - where should i repost?

Just Say N20
06-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the board!

I would repost in the Donzi Performance Talk section.

hot shot
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Hello.... i have a custom 18 classic 1996.. custom paint job ( carbon fiber, yellow, purple and silver pearl with some pretty cool air brush work 8k for the paint job... it has all the billit eddie marine trim tabs, oh **** handles and dash eddie marine thunder exhaust 350/300 hp fuel injected, halon system and more goodies than i can tell you... send me your email address and i will send you pic's.... also were are you located ? i"m in detroit area... i am leaving to go to a donzi rally at lake george ny today and won't be back till mon pm so if i can't get it done by 3 or 4 today it will be mon pm... thank you Mick

hot shot
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
by the way you can call me anytime at 734 516 1242 Mick

Tidbart
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Another option, here in FL.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56428
Know this boat, low hours, great looking, well maintained. MINT!
Good excuse for a road trip.:wink:

Ranman's is nice also, although I haven't seen it in a few years.

Best of luck in your search.
Welcome to the board.

Bob

smokediver
06-09-2009, 02:04 PM
thx for the prop Bob . I think I exchanged emails with him already, i think . Good luck on your search ! lots of good info on here once you find one .